***OFFICIAL GOPHERS-BEAVERS IN-SERIES THREAD***

Stan

Reaction score
Huge weekend. Let's hope we get some help from the BADgers and take care of our own business. Let's get after it.

Sad to say. Same old story with the Gophers. Too many Prima Donnas and not enought grinders. How the hell are we tied with Bemidji at the end of the second period? We need to recruit a different blend of players. Gotta have guys that do the dirty work to complement the scorers (who don't want to get dirty)

Wow, now we're down 3-2, good grief.

Go Gophers!!

BADgers couldn't do their job tonight so SCSU has a share of the WCHA title. Booo.

Go Gophers!!

Gophers take the lead! I'm conflicted about this. Despite SCSU being my favorite hockey team (graduated from) still love all Gophers sports teams.

Solid last ten minutes, very happy we fought back and got the win.

Go Gophers!!

Big win last night! If I remember hearing correctly during the broadcast, we clinched WCHA home ice for some of the playoffs? Hope we can get the sweep tonight!!

Big win last night! If I remember hearing correctly during the broadcast, we clinched WCHA home ice for some of the playoffs? Hope we can get the sweep tonight!!

That is correct. we clinch home ice for the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

We also locked up a top 3 spot for the tourney. This means we most likely will play North Dakota Friday night of the Final Five.

Did I hear right that SCSU wins all tiebreakers? Are they guaranteed the #1 seed? Or is there any scenario that we get the #1 seed?

Did I hear right that SCSU wins all tiebreakers? Are they guaranteed the #1 seed? Or is there any scenario that we get the #1 seed?

It is my understanding that all teams who are tied in first are declared to be co-champions, so at this point, it could be SCSU outright, or SCSU shared with Minnesota and/or NoDak. I think we could actually be the 1 seed if there is a three-way tie, because we have a slightly better winning percentage against SCSU and NoDak than either of the other two has against the three (though it is a goofy calculation because SCSU has more games among the group). If we are tied with SCSU alone, we will lose the tiebreak because we split with each other and they have more conference wins. If we are tied with only NoDak (either because SCSU wins or us and NoDak either both tie or both lose), we will be the two seed and have the bye in the second round. Obviously, we will be third if NoDak gains a point on us tonight.

Much better first two periods tonight - flying around the ice, playing physical. Finish them off!

Go Gophers!!

What a finish! I'll take co-champs, hope we beat up on BSU in the next round. I'll be at every game that series (I'm hoping for only two)

I think it's hilarious that the the cup was in Bemidji as SCSU had a chance to clinch it outright. The SCSU fans are PISSED. Makes me laugh chuckle.

+1! Me too! :clap:

I have to think it was because we still had it and hadn't lost it yet. I'm sure the defending champ doesn't have to send it back until after they've been eliminated. But we can't expect a St. Cloud State fan to think logically.

I think it's hilarious that the the cup was in Bemidji as SCSU had a chance to clinch it outright. The SCSU fans are PISSED. Makes me laugh chuckle.

Perhaps they should have been more concerned about winning the trophy outright than where the trophy was physically housed last night. Going out of the conference on top of the mountain is awesome, even if we need to share the peak with Jan Brady.

Question--is there just one MacNaughton cup (is it a traveling trophy?) Or do they make duplicates when teams tie for the title? If it's a traveling trophy, does the team that won it then make a copy for their trophy case, or do they just have a plaque stating they won it that particular year?
If there is just one cup, how do teams share it? (each team keeps it for a few months?)

(how does the Stanley Cup work?)

Please help......somebody enlighten me! (novice Gopher hockey fan)

Question--is there just one MacNaughton cup (is it a traveling trophy?) Or do they make duplicates when teams tie for the title? If it's a traveling trophy, does the team that won it then make a copy for their trophy case, or do they just have a plaque stating they won it that particular year?
If there is just one cup, how do teams share it? (each team keeps it for a few months?)

(how does the Stanley Cup work?)

Please help......somebody enlighten me! (novice Gopher hockey fan)

There is only one NHL Champion...NHL Playoffs Champ.

Top Bottom