All Things Jashon Cornell Thread: Cornell commits to Ohio St

Or they are both cases of guys that got to play in rose bowls and championships rather than quicklane and holiday bowls.

And as a bonus JC got extra TP in the form of an Alabama diploma!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC received his Masters back in August. Definitely not a meaningless piece of paper.

While I congratulate JC on getting his masters during stay in Bama- Bama's business school isn't close to the U. The MBA program at the U is top 30 while Bama's ranks anywhere from 60s-90s.

While I congratulate JC on getting his masters during stay in Bama- Bama's business school isn't close to the U. The MBA program at the U is top 30 while Bama's ranks anywhere from 60s-90s.

I'm sure it will get him far in life nonetheless.

eh, two dudes with similar CVs. one letters in football at minnesota and one letters at alabama and plays on two national championship teams. i think the second dude has more doors opening. just my opinion.

also, maybe he just really likes the south. the south is beautiful, the cost of living is low, the weather is temperate, there are great beaches, great fishing, great food, great culture.

not taking anything away from minnesota and the upper midwest (or pacific northwest), but different strokes for different folks.

Yep, a road most traveled. It was the safe thing to do. I'm sure you have done the same.

I wonder if Gopher hockey uses that same pitch. Funny how fans of mediocre programs knock local kids for going to high level ones, but those same fans also knock kids for going to what they perceive as 'lesser' programs

eh, two dudes with similar CVs. one letters in football at minnesota and one letters at alabama and plays on two national championship teams. i think the second dude has more doors opening. just my opinion.

also, maybe he just really likes the south. the south is beautiful, the cost of living is low, the weather is temperate, there are great beaches, great fishing, great food, great culture.

not taking anything away from minnesota and the upper midwest (or pacific northwest), but different strokes for different folks.

Not buying it. A degree from the U in anything more than sports mgmt is worth more than a degree from Alabama. There are more jobs available in Minnesota than in Alabama. Also, have you ever lived in the south east?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not buying it. A degree from the U in anything more than sports mgmt is worth more than a degree from Alabama. There are more jobs available in Minnesota than in Alabama. Also, have you ever lived in the south east?

wasn't selling anything, that's why i said it was just my opinion. i have no doubt that if we lined up degrees from minnesota and alabama, minnesota would come out on top in almost every area (after all, i have two degrees from minnesota).

i also didn't compare alabama to minnesota. i said different people value different things.

life is about tradeoffs, whether you choose to play football at minneosta or alabama or whether you play on a national championship team or a low level bowl team (or not even a bowl team).

this kid might be thinking, i could have been a midlevel manager at best buy right now if only i had chosen minnesota. or he might be wearing his two national championship rings as a mid level manager at coca cola and thinking, man i'm glad its not -35 right now.

different strokes for different folks.

Yep, a road most traveled. It was the safe thing to do. I'm sure you have done the same.

No. I did not accept my scholarship offer to Alabama. Chose to go to school as just a student instead.

wasn't selling anything, that's why i said it was just my opinion. i have no doubt that if we lined up degrees from minnesota and alabama, minnesota would come out on top in almost every area (after all, i have two degrees from minnesota).

i also didn't compare alabama to minnesota. i said different people value different things.

life is about tradeoffs, whether you choose to play football at minneosta or alabama or whether you play on a national championship team or a low level bowl team (or not even a bowl team).

this kid might be thinking, i could have been a midlevel manager at best buy right now if only i had chosen minnesota. or he might be wearing his two national championship rings as a mid level manager at coca cola and thinking, man i'm glad its not -35 right now.

different strokes for different folks.

You just said a dude with a degree from Alabama would have more doors open than a dude with a degree from Minnesota (both having a NC). Living in the southeast is a lot more than just warmer weather in the winter and very hot humid weather in the summer. Most midlevel managers in Alabama don’t make the same money as up here and you do have to send your kids to private school, etc.... you can have your opinion, I was just challenging it.

You just said a dude with a degree from Alabama would have more doors open than a dude with a degree from Minnesota (both having a NC). Living in the southeast is a lot more than just warmer weather in the winter and very hot humid weather in the summer. Most midlevel managers in Alabama don’t make the same money as up here and you do have to send your kids to private school, etc.... you can have your opinion, I was just challenging it.

Playing college sports (especially the higher profile) absolutely opens up doors for people post-graduation. This is true for any university. It stands out on a resume/interview - - as it probably should. I would assume that this would even be more true at the higher profile schools throughout the country. There is no need to compare the SE with MN.

If JC walked into a job interview in NYC, there is a decent chance the person interviewing him would say something like "so you played for Nick Saban?" That stuff matters. It likely matters considerably more than a difference of 20 spots in the business school ranking.

All of this is kind of pointless. JC will do absolutely fine in life and he has an experience that most people could only dream of. I wish he would have picked the Gophers, but it's hard to knock the guy's choices.

Playing college sports (especially the higher profile) absolutely opens up doors for people post-graduation. This is true for any university. It stands out on a resume/interview - - as it probably should. I would assume that this would even be more true at the higher profile schools throughout the country. There is no need to compare the SE with MN.

If JC walked into a job interview in NYC, there is a decent chance the person interviewing him would say something like "so you played for Nick Saban?" That stuff matters. It likely matters considerably more than a difference of 20 spots in the business school ranking.

All of this is kind of pointless. JC will do absolutely fine in life and he has an experience that most people could only dream of. I wish he would have picked the Gophers, but it's hard to knock the guy's choices.

Kinda, we had former athletes apply for jobs, meant nothing if they weren’t qualified. In the real world, the degree means much more than where a person played football. Telling old Nick Sagan stories will only carry a person so far. And do you truly think that some manager in NYC would care if you played for Alabama? The sad thing is that some programs prey on the dreams of playing in the NFL and don’t prepare them for a career after their playing days are over.

Of course it is a sideshow discussion, just responded to a comment.

Our commit MJ Anderson reminds me a lot of him. Very similar size at 6-3/6-4, 270 and both have the ability to play either DE or DT.

Top Bottom