HEY!!! How about that Women's Hockey team, WOW, 44 gm winning streak. And the Wr...

Reaction score
yeah, and that wrestling team, wow, beat #2 Iowa and #1 Oklahoma St on the same day to win a Natl Duals Title, 2nd one in a row!!!

And that Dance Team, won another TWO Natl Titles AGAIN this year, and so are at FOUR YEARS IN A ROW of winning DOUBLE TITLES in both Pom and Jazz!!!!
And was it last year or this year that Goldie won the Mascot Natl Title as well?!

Amanda Kessel a shoo-in for Kaz POY Award, oh, except her teammate Nora Raty might win it instead, possibly best goalie in Women's College Hockey history?!

And wow, Freshman of the Year, Hannah Brandt? WOW, well, its not official, but being as she's the 3rd highest pt scorer in all of the NCAA so far this year, its not much of a stretch.

Coach of the Year?! How could they not give it to Brad Frost? What more could he have done with this team SO FAR this year? Not sure when they pick the COY? Before or after the NCAA tourney?

And poor Meghan Bozek, Defensive POY probably? Some could argue that she's actually the most valuable player on the team? But because of Raty and Kessel, well, she just doesn't get the attention and credit she probably deserves.

And that mens hockey team, #1 in the KRACH ratings, which unfortunately aren't given any consideration come tourney time, Quinipiac is, btw, only like 9th in the KRACH ratings. But they are #1 in the PWR. Not a big deal, a #2 overall seed will still get you along ways as long as you play well at the right time. I think this team has that ability? Guess we'll have to wait and see?

Women's Gym beat #1 Michigan 2 weeks ago, gave #2 Florida a nice run for their money.

Men's Gym ranked #6, avenged a loss to #8 Iowa.

Men's Baseball beat #2 UCLA!!!!

Women's Swimming and Diving team wins the Big Ten title by a landslide!!!!

Women's BB takes down #7 as well. Way to go lady gophers, beat OSU and keep on keeping on!!!

Damn, not the worst time to be a Golden Gopher fan.

Just thought all these reminders might take your minds off of men's bb for a few minutes,

While I'm happy for all of our teams, the only three teams I truly care about are men's, hockey, men's basketball and football. This one stings the teams embarrassed the institution on the front of their jerseys. They'll get in a dance, but they do not deserve it.

While I'm happy for all of our teams, the only three teams I truly care about are men's, hockey, men's basketball and football. This one stings the teams embarrassed the institution on the front of their jerseys. They'll get in a dance, but they do not deserve it.

I care about those three, plus women's bball, women's hockey, and volleyball. Either way, this has been a really fun season. I haven't been at a live game yet this year, I'm thinking about trying to get Frozen Four tickets at Ridder if (knock on wood) the Gophers are in it.

Cryptic-long-name guy! I love your posts! I really do. You give credit to ALL the University of Minnesota athletes who bust their butts to represent the Maroon & God every time out.

I commiserate with the legions of Gopher fans who wish we'd be treated to a special season in the revenue sports. I can understand the hordes of frustrated Gopher fans who begin each football & basketball season with high hopes only to end the season with unfulfilled dreams of trophies & glory! One thing I've learned is: Expectations are resentments under construction, especially when you're a Gopher football or basketball fan.

But I am with you. I am busting my buttons over the incredible success of the teams you've referenced in this awesome post.

Keep the pride, Cryptic-long-name guy, no matter what our beat-down Gopher brethren say!
Ski-U-Mah, all the way!

Go Gophers!

Killed OSU in the semis. One win away from another WCHA tourney title. Beat the Sioux!

We've outscored our opponents 26-0 over the last 380 minutes and a few seconds.

Wondering what the NCAA record is for consecutive shutouts?!

What's the NCAA record by a team for shutouts in a season, since Amanda L has 3 shut outs herself.

I'm thinking this team is possibly breaking NCAA records that no one is simply aware of yet.

We've outscored our opponents 26-0 over the last 380 minutes and a few seconds.

Wondering what the NCAA record is for consecutive shutouts?!

What's the NCAA record by a team for shutouts in a season, since Amanda L has 3 shut outs herself.

I'm thinking this team is possibly breaking NCAA records that no one is simply aware of yet.

Those would be fun records to grab, but I'm not greedy. I'll take an NCAA title any way I can get it.

Oh, I'm not so much hoping we break those records so much as I'm wondering if we haven't already?! I mean, 6 straight shut outs? Or maybe 4 straight in post season play?!

From here on out, I just hope we win the Natl Title. Any more records that could maybe be broken along the way would just be pure gravy!!!!

Does anyone know how NoDak got the 8 seed? I thought they were behind Wisconsin and Northeastern in the Pairwise. Twynntown, do you have an answer for me?

Does anyone know how NoDak got the 8 seed? I thought they were behind Wisconsin and Northeastern in the Pairwise. Twynntown, do you have an answer for me?

Found an answer to my own question on USCHO today: http://www.uscho.com/womens-d1-blog/2013/03/11/womens-d-i-wrap-march-11/

"Although the USCHO PairWise Rankings would seem to indicate that North Dakota’s loss on Saturday dropped them out of the field, that was a result of how that algorithm considers the Common Opponents category. The computer version computes a cumulative winning percentage against all common opponents combined, and because UND had more games and losses to Minnesota, it appeared to lose a comparison to St. Lawrence despite a better record versus the only other COP, Clarkson. Based on this and other recent decisions by the women’s selection committee, it evidently considers the winning percentage versus each COP separately. That flips the UND comparison with SLU and allows UND to tie Northeastern and Wisconsin with three comparisons won. North Dakota advances due to a higher RPI."

How many women's hockey teams would need to be added to the field for the NCAA tourney to expand to a 10 or 12 team field?!

Isn't the ratio something like 25% of the # of teams competing?! Or maybe it is 20%?

I gotta think that Michigan and Michigan St might be considering adding Women's hockey someday? Adding another Western hockey conf to women's hockey would help women's hockey as a whole, you would think? Especially adding 2 big money universities to the mix.

I'll have to go over to uscho and ask the experts over there. There are some women's hockey fans over there that really are into their womens hockey.

Top Bottom