WCHA Playoffs

e.bigelow

Reaction score
Does anyone know when they begin seeding for the WCHA playoffs? I know it is after the regular season is over, but wondering how shortly after they set the games up. I have a few days off of work coming up and would like to be able to catch maybe one of the Gophers 1st round games. Any help would be great. Thanks! :)

The first round of the playoffs is a best 2 out of 3 series will all games hosted by the higher seed. So once we clinch sixth place or better, you can bank on there being a Friday or Saturday night game (even though it won't be officially "scheduled" because we won't know who we play), with a Sunday game only if we split the first two. The frustrating thing is, with how tight the conference is from 2nd to 7th, we might not clinch top 6 until next Saturday against BSU (or, frighteningly enough, not get in the top 6).

Hey, thanks! I know there is still a lot to be ironed out as far as the standings in the WCHA go. Hopefully, tonight helped get us a little closer! Hoping we get a first round home game as I really want to make a trip down from West Central MN to catch one in the few days I have off! :)

Tonight did help. We are 4 points up on Denver (7th place) with two games left. One Gopher win or tie at BSU or one Denver loss or tie next weekend wraps it up. You can pretty much take that to the bank (knock on wood). Hope you make it, Mariucci is my favorite sports venue on Earth.

Tonight did help. We are 4 points up on Denver (7th place) with two games left. One Gopher win or tie at BSU or one Denver loss or tie next weekend wraps it up. You can pretty much take that to the bank (knock on wood). Hope you make it, Mariucci is my favorite sports venue on Earth.

Well, I am confident that we will get one win against BSU after the way they played last night. I admittedly haven't followed the hockey team as closely this season as I have last season or seasons prior. So, I hope the team that shows up last night will be there! They looked pretty good last night!

Just got tickets off of gophersports.com for Friday nights game! Pretty excited for it! :)

Maybe I'll see you there. It should be a fun one.

For sure! Although, I did notice that Gopher Sports Facebook page said that tickets go on sale tomorrow at noon. I went on their earlier this afternoon and bought tickets for friday nights game with no issue. So, I am not quite sure what to think of that?

**EDIT: I see that now when I go back to the mygophersports.com page it says that tickets to the game go on sale tomorrow at 9 a.m. Hope I do not have any issues as they already sent me the e-tickets. I am a little confused. :confused:

What the heck was I doing on the basketball board today? We have hockey playoffs. Let's light up these Beavers! Who the hell names their team after a rodent?

What the heck was I doing on the basketball board today? We have hockey playoffs. Let's light up these Beavers! Who the hell names their team after a rodent?

Yea, what gives?! Haha.

Just sat down to have a few drinks at what used to be Leaning Tower of Pizza back in my time after the game! Haha. :) Great game! Shouldn't have been as close as it was with how many shots on goal we had, but hey, a W is a W!

beaver goalie was hot as heck tonight, glad we snuck another one past him in ot. hopefully we finish them off early tomorrow night, spread out the ice time and focus on the final 5.

Yea, what gives?! Haha.

Just sat down to have a few drinks at what used to be Leaning Tower of Pizza back in my time after the game! Haha. :) Great game! Shouldn't have been as close as it was with how many shots on goal we had, but hey, a W is a W!

Walsh had a great game, whether we won or lost, you had to tip your cap to him. Is it not Leaning Tower anymore?

Walsh had a great game, whether we won or lost, you had to tip your cap to him. Is it not Leaning Tower anymore?

Naw. It is called "The Hole" now. Much nicer establishment than what I remember as the inside has been remodeled. And yes, Walsh played a stellar game in goal last night! That was an impressive performance by him! Hopefully we can jump on them early tonight and get the W!

Since I don't get FSN-North down here, I have to watch most of the games on one of the Fox College Sports channels (sports add on channel). Both last night and tonight they are showing the UND game live and our game on tape delay after it. Pissing me off.

Since I don't get FSN-North down here, I have to watch most of the games on one of the Fox College Sports channels (sports add on channel). Both last night and tonight they are showing the UND game live and our game on tape delay after it. Pissing me off.

What? That sucks!

Awesome goal by Marshall!!! Lets get that W!!

Showed a lot of toughness in this series, but can't continue to play from behind or it'll bite us.

It wasn't a pretty series, but we got out with a sweep. On to St. Paul.

Go Gophers!!

A little bit too sloppy in our own end for my liking tonight, but we bailed ourselves out with a heavy advantage in skill.

Won't be able to do that next weekend, but I trust Lucia and company are well aware of that fact.

Still, always nice to sweep that first round series. Now the fun really begins.

Its easy to get concerned by looking at individual games against an opponent like BSU, but beating them 4 consecutive times is pretty dominant. I like our chances at the X next weekend.

Its easy to get concerned by looking at individual games against an opponent like BSU, but beating them 4 consecutive times is pretty dominant. I like our chances at the X next weekend.

Who are we likely to draw for the 1st game next weekend in the Final Five? Man, would I love to end out tenure in the WCHA winning the final five! That would be great!

Who are we likely to draw for the 1st game next weekend in the Final Five? Man, would I love to end out tenure in the WCHA winning the final five! That would be great!

If North Dakota wins today against MTU, our first game would be against the winner of the Thursday matchup of NoDak and whoever the lowest seed in the tournament is, so the Sioux (I can't call them anything else) are the most probably next Gopher opponent in my opinion.

If North Dakota wins today against MTU, our first game would be against the winner of the Thursday matchup of NoDak and whoever the lowest seed in the tournament is, so the Sioux (I can't call them anything else) are the most probably next Gopher opponent in my opinion.

As of the time I began writing this, UND is up 5-0 on MTU, so I'm going to assume they'll hold on. DU is up 2-0 on CC, and MSU is up 2-1 on UNO. Should those scores hold, the seeding would then be:

1) SCSU
2) UMN
3) UND
4) UW
5) DU
6) MSU

Therefore UND would play Mankato, and Denver would play Wisconsin. UND and Mankato split the season series with one win each, and UW went 1-0-1 against Denver. I'd love to see Mankato take out UND, but it's just too damn hard to bet against NoDak in this tournament.

As of the time I began writing this, UND is up 5-0 on MTU, so I'm going to assume they'll hold on. DU is up 2-0 on CC, and MSU is up 2-1 on UNO. Should those scores hold, the seeding would then be:

1) SCSU
2) UMN
3) UND
4) UW
5) DU
6) MSU

Therefore UND would play Mankato, and Denver would play Wisconsin. UND and Mankato split the season series with one win each, and UW went 1-0-1 against Denver. I'd love to see Mankato take out UND, but it's just too damn hard to bet against NoDak in this tournament.

Hey, thanks man for putting that together! Much appreciated!

Hey, thanks man for putting that together! Much appreciated!

Thanks Stoa. After you wrote that, CC came from behind and pulled off the upset. Now it is going to be North Dakota vs. Colorado College to see who plays the Gophers in the semis, and SCSU will get the winner of the Badgers and Mankato. I agree on it being tough to pick against the Wicked Witch from our West in the tournament, but they split 2-2 with CC this year. Hopefully North Dakota goes home early, CC is still fighting for their NCAA tourney hopes.

If anyone cares to make some noise, UND is staying at Holiday Inn in Maple Grove off of Hemlock.

Guys look completely disinterested in this game. Playing at quarter speed, just drifting around, passes are all over the place while creating no traffic in front of a hot goaltender. And to top if off, Wilcox was clueless on two shots that had no business beating him. No one on that team is focused in the least. Always encouraging when some a big postseason tournament comes around and the guys display a "who cares?" attitude.

Top Bottom