Anyone see Alipate tonight in the state bball tourney?

ChemEGopher

Section 133 Row 28!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
He looked HUGE, and not in a good way. He looks like he's put on 30+ lbs compared to when his Gopherhole picture was taken. I'm sure this doesn't affect his arm strength (supposedly his best asset) but he didn't look very mobile on the basketball court. Hopefully he'll contribute in some way for the gophers, maybe as a tight end, but from what I saw tonight, he looked more like an offensive guard than a qb.

He looked HUGE, and not in a good way. He looks like he's put on 30+ lbs compared to when his Gopherhole picture was taken. I'm sure this doesn't affect his arm strength (supposedly his best asset) but he didn't look very mobile on the basketball court. Hopefully he'll contribute in some way for the gophers, maybe as a tight end, but from what I saw tonight, he looked more like an offensive guard than a qb.

I come at this strictly from a bb angle --- I've never seen him play football. I agree - I've seen him play 6-8 times this season and for the life of me I don't see a Big Ten QB movement wise. Again, its from the perception of a fb player on the bb court so take it for what its worth and also give the kid kudos for leading his team to the state semi's (along with his bro).

Moses must have impressed some people at the combines as he got invited to the prestigious AS game and had some good offers had he not committed so early. But his first big win as the Gophers QB will be his first big win as a QB overall. I think Jefferson won like 4 or 5 games his entire HS career. I know the Alipate apologists will say they had a bad o-line. So did Weber last year and we won 7 games.

He looked HUGE, and not in a good way. He looks like he's put on 30+ lbs compared to when his Gopherhole picture was taken. I'm sure this doesn't affect his arm strength (supposedly his best asset) but he didn't look very mobile on the basketball court. Hopefully he'll contribute in some way for the gophers, maybe as a tight end, but from what I saw tonight, he looked more like an offensive guard than a qb.[/QUO
Thought the same thing. Looked a little too thick.

If he is out of shape. I'm sure the strength and conditioning coach will change that and with the redshirt year I wouldnt be too worried about his current weight. It is disappointing if he shows up in bad shape.

Luckily we don't need him to come in and contribute right away. Two - two and a half good weeks of fall camp should get him into a better spot. It would be nice to have him give our first team D some solid looks all year long. It's probably been a long time since we've had this much depth at the QB position.

He looked like we recruited him for D-Tackle

always has been

have known him for a while, he has always been bigger. but it seems to always come off before football but I was there in person and looked at the Tivo after, and while he looked big in person he looked huge on tv. so to those who just watched on tv in person he didnt look as big. He will be fine once he gets in the Gopher Strength program...

You beat me to it!

I was thinking the same thing and was going to start the same thread. he did not look like an agile, fast, B10 QB to me, either. He may not end up at QB.

I'm with you guys. I hope he can get in shape at summer camp. It will probably take more than one summer though. The way he looked last night, I think his 40 time would have topped out at about 5.2.

Shades of Jake Kupke. He was a basketball player for Minnetonka. And offensive tackle for the Gophers. Always had trouble with the conditioning under Mason. Coach Brewster has said it, we will see what happens. "I don't like fat people."

Shades of Jake Kupke. He was a basketball player for Minnetonka. And offensive tackle for the Gophers. Always had trouble with the conditioning under Mason. Coach Brewster has said it, we will see what happens. "I don't like fat people."

He's not THAT large.

take a step back people. let he who has not put on their annual "winter weight" cast the first stone.

he is an 18 year old kid. when i was 18 i would lose 5 pounds from the late spring heat.

did this post really happen?

Props to Jefferson and the Alipate boys for getting to the semis.

Did anyone see Hageman TONIGHT?

At the State Bball tourney. Now THAT is a football player. He's gonna be a beast.

Some of you weren't watching the same game I was. He beat his man down the court several times, and showed good quickness.

Good to see you posting Ruppert...we've missed your contribution lately.

Go Gophers!!

Moses did still look like he had his speed. I am guessing during basketball season he isn't going to go through the same weight lifting regimen that he would go through for football... And from personal experience, once you put those weights down or switch to lighter approximately 12 oz. silver weights, that muscle becomes not so ummm...muscular. He will be back in shape in no time (me however...Gilad will be my savior)

40710013.jpg
!

He weighs 55 pounds less then Jared Lorenzen who broke most of Tim Couch's records at Kentucky and spent some time in the NFL. SIZE DOESN'T MATTER! especially in college, whether a tank, or a runt you can still be a damn good qb if your arm and smarts are there.

Top Bottom