Brew offers Seantrel's best friend, JD Pride

Go4

Reaction score
Typical Brew move, as he offers one of Seantrel's best friends, JD Pride of Totino Grace who is a QB/athlete.

GET 'ER DONE BREW!!!!!!!!

JD Pride is actually a pretty good player and didn't just offer to him to get Henderson. Sure, it will help, but it wasn't the only reason.

Every little advantage will help with so many offers coming Seantrel's way. Those little things like the option to play with his best friend and the option for playing two sports will help seperate us from the clutter of the herd of recruiters heading his way.

Anyone know what other positions JD projects well to as an ATH besides QB?

Question for all of you "in the know" - is he being recruited as a QB? Or could he be an Ath/DB?

Said the Same Thing About Johnny Johnson

Typical Brew move, as he offers one of Seantrel's best friends, JD Pride of Totino Grace who is a QB/athlete.

GET 'ER DONE BREW!!!!!!!!

Said same thing about Johnny Johnson and he is a legit player as it turns out. Very good special teams player and he is on the two-deep at DB. So you never know. JD Pride is a very good athlete.

his rivals site and interview says Pride is recieving interest from numerous schools and the U is #1 with North Carolina #2(where he has a lot of family). So it seems this is not a "best friend of Seantrel offer", and his dad played at the u, along with uncle MArion barber and cousin Marion Barber. Seems to be a lock but who knows these days

Wait, his uncle is Marion Barber and he is cousins to Dom and MBIII?

His old man played for the U and the Barbers are his kin. I think it's okay to look past just okay measurables and more at the bloodlines there for a legacy. It's probably a good bet he'll wind up being a quality player with his family track record. I don't think you can just write it off as being a friend of another good player. I bet he'd get an offer regardless.

And yeah, there are few articles out there that reference Marion being his cousin.

His old man played for the U and the Barbers are his kin. I think it's okay to look past just okay measurables and more at the bloodlines there for a legacy. It's probably a good bet he'll wind up being a quality player with his family track record. I don't think you can just write it off as being a friend of another good player. I bet he'd get an offer regardless.

And yeah, there are few articles out there that reference Marion being his cousin.

IIRC his old man was from Southern Pines, NC. He was a tall, finesse runningback who had some success for Cal Stoll. Didn't know about the Barber connection - the first JD was a Gopher before Marion II arrived on campus. Let's hope it works out.

I didn't realize the Barbers were his kin, but his dad was just about the tallest tailback in the history of tailbacks. If I remember correctly, he went about 6'4". Stoll ran the veer and Pride the Elder could do some things when he got to full stride.

I know Pride the Younger played some QB for Totino Grace, but does anyone know where he projects at the next level? I'm all for offering Minnesota kids if they have upside and Pride appears to have that.

what were Pride's stats at Totino Grace last year?
(According to MaxPreps)

11-24 190yds. 2 TD; 0 INT; 101 QB Rating

I saw all but a couple games last year. JD was supposed to be the starter but struggled with injuries and only played in 4 games. I personally believe that he is being recruited as an athlete because he never really wowed me as a quarterback. He is however a very good athlete and has the potential to be a very solid player in college.

JD Pride left Cretin-Derham Hall for Totino Grace ... and Seantrel stayed at CDH.

Rumor had it that JD pressed Seantrel pretty hard to leave CDH and attend Totino. So I'd hardly say that they're in lock-step.

At most, it might be a minor factor. I suspect it will be a non-factor in Henderson's decision making.

Top Bottom