Worth reading again: Gregg Doyel's '07 Tubby column which predicted this outcome

Congrats To BleedGopher!

BleedGopher made Michael Rand's StarTribune article for posting an article written by Gregg Doyel explaining why Tubby was a bad hire! And a shutout to the wonderful website GopherHole.

Congrats BleedGopher! Is this the first time a Gopherhole member has been mentioned in an article from a well known news source?

Give the right writer credit.

It was Howard Sinker with the link to Bleed's post and the Doyell article.

Howard beget Bleed's article. Bleed beget Doyell's article. Bleed rules.

Sorry! I scrolled through the first 2 pages of the thread when I posted this and nothing was there, and didn't nesseccarily know that people had read a Howard Sinker article on the Strib since he isn't one of the most well known writers, and doesn't have a well known column.

Bottom line is I just would like to pass on my congratulations to BleedGopher! Glad that everybody knows.

Sorry! I scrolled through the first 2 pages of the thread when I posted this and nothing was there, and didn't nesseccarily know that people had read a Howard Sinker article on the Strib since he isn't one of the most well known writers, and doesn't have a well known column.

Bottom line is I just would like to pass on my congratulations to BleedGopher! Glad that everybody knows.

Thanks GameDay. Very cool of Sinker to acknowledge the site. Most reporters wouldn't have done that.

Go Gophers!!

Sports Illustrated answers all our questions

You are famous, Bleed! Howard gave you nice props.

{referring to Rajon Rondo on page 62 of current S.I.} "Kentucky coach Tubby Smith marginalized him in a slowpoke offense"---enuf said.

{referring to Rajon Rondo on page 62 of current S.I.} "Kentucky coach Tubby Smith marginalized him in a slowpoke offense"---enuf said.

Not saying I disagree about that, but Rajon Rondo has issues that go far and beyond Tubby Smith.

Dutch's '82 team one their first round game then lost to FF participant Louisville.

Worth noting - their first round win got them to the Sweet Sixteen. Louisville was really good.

Actually, it was a second round game. The Gophers had a first round bye.

You'll have to believe me that that's what I really meant. That was the period, of course, when we had the 48-team field - and it must have been the last year of it. I still remember watching that Louisville game and simply concluding the Cardinals were better than the Gophers. It was a shock, because I hadn't seen the Gophers play a team better than they were that year. (They might have played a great team in the non-con, but I didn't catch it.)

Also, I don't look to NCAA tournament results as the deciding factor in whether or not I feel good about my team's competitiveness. As everyone keeps saying: Anything can happen in the tournament.

Rather, I look to season results...mainly Big Ten finishes.

Muss: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th
Dutch: 6th, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 4th, 5th, 1st 6th, 8th, 8th, 8th
Clem: 9th, 9th, 5th, 4th, 9th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 1st, 8th, 6th
Monson: 10th, 9th, 6th, 6th, 10th, 4th, 10th, 9th
Tubby: 6th, 7th, 6th, 9th, 9th and a probable 8th.

I highlighted all of the times the team finished in the top half of the Big Ten.

Notice a problem?

Also, I don't look to NCAA tournament results as the deciding factor in whether or not I feel good about my team's competitiveness. As everyone keeps saying: Anything can happen in the tournament.

Rather, I look to season results...mainly Big Ten finishes.

Muss: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th
Dutch: 6th, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 4th, 5th, 1st 6th, 8th, 8th, 8th
Clem: 9th, 9th, 5th, 4th, 9th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 1st, 8th, 6th
Monson: 10th, 9th, 6th, 6th, 10th, 4th, 10th, 9th
Tubby: 6th, 7th, 6th, 9th, 9th and a probable 8th.

I highlighted all of the times the team finished in the top half of the Big Ten.

Notice a problem?

Agree 100%

I don't understand why so many people want to discard the conference(even non-conference)
regular season.

If you look at Tubby's conference finishes(above), he seems to have done better with Monson's recruits.

Why bring this up Gregg was Dead wrong on Tubby he is here (by the way it is 2013 now) and just got an extension. I am sure the moron who wrote this article feels bad enough about being 100% Wrong...so why be a jerk and rub salt in his wounds by bringing this article up?

Why bring this up Gregg was Dead wrong on Tubby he is here (by the way it is 2013 now) and just got an extension. I am sure the moron who wrote this article feels bad enough about being 100% Wrong...so why be a jerk and rub salt in his wounds by bringing this article up?

Hey THE SCOUT...What the hell are you trying to say I cant figure out your message because it makes no sense and being a jerk and rubbing salt doesnt add anything to whatever you trying tosay. Your son and you could both be sitting on a fence rail and you would fall off first because your son is a little moron.

Summarizing those finishes reminds me when I'd get irate that we finished 4th or 5th in the Big Ten 4 years in a row. Those were the days...

And that's another fine mess you spewed out Ollie.
:confused:

Musselman in '72 and '73.
Clem in '90, '94, '97.

Dutch's '82 team one their first round game then lost to FF participant Louisville.

Something about those Clem years seems a little fishy.

Top Bottom