Except for NDSU, all things going Gopher's Resume Way, so far!!!

Reaction score
Damned NDSU. Former Gopher opponents were having a perfect night so far, especially the Illinois upset of Indiana. Will keep Illinois in the Top 50 and will possibly be what keeps them headed to the NCAA tourney. Also shows that Indiana can be beat, and we should expect to give them a run when they come here to play!!!

We can never count on NDSU for anything. :)

Wrong. You can count on ndsu to be brought up on a gopherhole thread at least once every few days.

If Shaka Smart became coach at NDSU, would Gopherhole spontaneously burst into flames?

Damned NDSU. Former Gopher opponents were having a perfect night so far, especially the Illinois upset of Indiana. Will keep Illinois in the Top 50 and will possibly be what keeps them headed to the NCAA tourney. Also shows that Indiana can be beat, and we should expect to give them a run when they come here to play!!!

Except for one thing... The gophers actual on court performance. The biggest determining factor.

They've gotta get it turned around, and Illinois on Sunday is the perfect way for the gophers to get back on track. Should be a good test for gophers, yet it SHOULD (should means nothing in the big ten) be the gophers game to lose.

We'll see how they respond to a tough loss. :)

The Gophers actual on court performance?!

Worst loss was a ROAD loss vs a Top 100 team.

Best win?! Vs #8 in the Coaches Poll MSU. #13 in the RPI.

Of our losses, ONLY home loss was to Top 3 Michigian. Only neutral court loss was to Top 5 Duke. Rest are ALL ROAD losses. Two to Top 15 teams, another to a Top 40 team, with only the NW loss, considered by Gopher fans a bad loss, but not yet considered a bad loss by the Selection committee.

4 wins vs Top 50 teams.

MOST wins in the nation vs Top 100 teams.

Those wins happened ON THE COURT, and yes, it was actually the Gophers who won those games, lol.

Who's the 4th top-50 win? Memphis, Michigan State, Illinois, and ??? Am I missing one?

Ooops, I was counting Wisconsin. lol, maybe I know something the rest of you don't know?! j/k

No, I just mistakenly included Wisconsin.

Gophers schedule ranked toughest in country by both Sagarin and Kenpom.

Illinois was 51 in Sagarin before tonight's game, so we will have 5 top 50 wins tomorrow.

a NDSU win shy of a perfect night for the Gopher's Resume.

Duke won
Tenn St won
S Dak St won
N Flor won
Illinois won - a good thing, hopefully they'll hang up in the Top 50 til the end of the season now?
Indiana lost - a good thing for us, actually.
USC won

And in other games of interest

Missouri ranked right behind us, lost, and a bad loss, vs a non Top 100 ranked team.
Oregon ranked ahead of us, lost to Colorado, and only scored 47 pts.
Belmont, a team that is ranked very high in the RPI, so their losing helps keep them in check.

Now we just need to take care of our home court this week and we'll be looking good going into the OSU game.

Top Bottom