Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Core 6 Athletes ‏@core6athletes
Congrats again to Lake Zurich LB Colton Moskal getting his first Offer today. Fastest LB in our program #Minnesota #CORE6

I think that's where Jack Lynn went to school.

He's spot on with those comments. I feel a little more confident in his commitment after watching that.

I've always felt pretty confident about Jeff Jones. He's just a different kind of kid. He could have played HS football anywhere and he's been on the radar for long enough that he would have had a lot of pressure to transfer to one of the better programs. He was loyal to Washburn and didn't chase the glitzier opportunities elsewhere in HS. I expect his decision for college to be a similar kind of decision. Plus...he's a terrific fit. He is really good all around back and we are a team that will run the ball out of power sets.

I like the looks of the Moskal kid. Good speed and toughness.

wow he really pops some kids in that highlight reel!

I like that LB a lot! I know LB is an emphasis this year and next year with recruiting.

My hope with 2014 is that we keep our BCS talent in MN. Establish relationships early so we don't lose more guys to other B1G schools or Notre Dame.

However I think Kill is on the right track so far with the Jeff Jones commit on Saturday, early offering Stelter &Ragnow, and meeting Wilkie & Ejiya before JR Day this past week.

I like that LB a lot! I know LB is an emphasis this year and next year with recruiting.

My hope with 2014 is that we keep our BCS talent in MN. Establish relationships early so we don't lose more guys to other B1G schools or Notre Dame.

However I think Kill is on the right track so far with the Jeff Jones commit on Saturday, early offering Stelter &Ragnow, and meeting Wilkie & Ejiya before JR Day this past week.

Win..Win..Win.....like Kill said on KFAN tonight - we would not have had a chance with 4-5 of these kids w/o that Bowl game. Win in 2014 and the recruits will commit.

I couldn't agree more. Another bowl game appearance is needed. Putting the team on the big stage will get the big recruits.

especially if it is a better season and results in a better bowl.

Great quote from Jeff Jones in the STrib today: "There are a lot of kids from Minnesota we need to get to commit. We can run this city."

Go Gophers!!

Great quote from Jeff Jones in the STrib today: "There are a lot of kids from Minnesota we need to get to commit. We can run this city."

Go Gophers!!

Glad he agrees.

I Don't completely understand the recruiting process, but I do know that these B1G level local talents should be offered early and pushed to commit early so we can do a better job with local talent than we did with the 2013 class

2013 was a bad example of the "offer early and do a better job" We did offer and Onwaulu was never going to go to the U he wanted ND. Brookins accepted and then turned traitor. Rucker had i his feelings hurt because we offered Brookins first so he went elsewhere. I think we missed on one guy, Cottrell. We should have tried to get him but maybe he wanted to go out of town. I think kill and company did what they could and decided to spend their time wisely and look other places.

2013 was a bad example of the "offer early and do a better job" We did offer and Onwaulu was never going to go to the U he wanted ND. Brookins accepted and then turned traitor. Rucker had i his feelings hurt because we offered Brookins first so he went elsewhere. I think we missed on one guy, Cottrell. We should have tried to get him but maybe he wanted to go out of town. I think kill and company did what they could and decided to spend their time wisely and look other places.
COTTREL DID NOT FIT THE GOPHERS SYSTEM OF DEFENSE!!! This staff recruits to it's system. Coach Kill is going to do it his way, his system, period.

I wonder is Stetler will commit soon, Kill offered him in November, remains his only offer according to rivals.

His teammate tight end George Behr is probably the top tight end in the state as well.

How man Big Ten caliber players will come out of Minnesota High School Football this next year?

How man Big Ten caliber players will come out of Minnesota High School Football this next year?

At least 10. Jones, Ragnow, Hassenauer, Stetler, Reid Travis (if he elects to pay football), Eji Ejiya, Connor Wilkie, Preston Woods, Tim Gordon... someone else help me out here (vames?)

His teammate tight end George Behr is probably the top tight end in the state as well.

Behr retweeted GopherHole's tweet of: "@gopherhole: According to @DarrenWolfson, Kill & #Gophers have offered 2014 center @JCHassenauer and "word is he will accept."

Would be huge to land two of the top guys this early. We didn't get a commitment that stuck until June last year.

Does anyone have a link for the list of offers we already have out?

Just thinking about landing Connor Mayes, Ragnow and Hassenauer for our OL class of 2014 gives me the chills. That's the entire left side of the line for 2018 - 2019 !!! Couple that with Jeff Jones running behind that beef, OOOO EEEE!!! Let's GOOOOOOO!!!

Top Bottom