Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
With Junior Day tomorrow, the Gophers 2014 recruiting class news, notes, tid-bits and quotes will start heating up. This will be an ongoing thread that will serve as a living thread to find and post the latest rumors, links, tweets, stories, and videos. Other threads about specific topics/players/rumors will certainly start by themselves and we'll let them continue independent of this thread, but this thread will be the place to keep checking back for hundreds of tweets, links, videos & more over the coming year.

Coach Kill and the Gophers will welcome the 2014 class on Signing Day 2014 before we know it - until then, let's have at it!

GopherHole tweet, which was re-tweeted by Connor: "#Gophers Jerry Kill and an assistant visited junior QB recruit Connor Wilkie @Cwilkie11 at Andover HS today."

Go Gophers!!

I'm going to make a prediction that Kamren Lott becomes our first out of state commit this year. Kill offered him almost a year ago and we remain his lone bcs offer. The playing time we will be able to offer CBs should be extremely attractive. Plus he traveled all the way up here on his own dime for junior days so mutual interest is there.

I hope you're right! That would be big time. Not sure if offers/committing takes place today for Jr. Day or not, but it would be great to get a couple names on the board for the 2014 class.

It would be nice if we could get offers on the table for the big 6 in the cities for this class before they pick up any more attention. Always nice to be first on board with high profile recruits like these:

http://www.mnfootballhub.com/news_article/show/217485

I'm grasping at straws here but hoping there is something to this.

Kam D. Lott ‏@KamLott_3
Daniel McMillian committed around this time when he went to UF junior day and kept it a secret so the attention wouldnt be on him before NSD

Kam D. Lott ‏@KamLott_3
Stay Tuned!

RyanBurnsGI ‏@RyanBurnsGI
Got some big news that I'll be releasing this afternoon that will make many Gopher fans happy. Stay Tuned.

I hope you're right! That would be big time. Not sure if offers/committing takes place today for Jr. Day or not, but it would be great to get a couple names on the board for the 2014 class.

It would be nice if we could get offers on the table for the big 6 in the cities for this class before they pick up any more attention. Always nice to be first on board with high profile recruits like these:

http://www.mnfootballhub.com/news_article/show/217485

It's pretty common to pick up a commit or two on junior day. Even more for the big time schools.

It's pretty common to pick up a commit or two on junior day. Even more for the big time schools.
Our first commits usually came between February and April under Brewster. Kill has seemed to be a little slower in pushing the envelope, but that may be changing as everyone is pushing things earlier and earlier.

Typically, it's the in-state kids who commit early because of the obvious connection/appeal. The earliest I can remember an out-state kid committing (and sticking) was Victor Keise, who I think committed in April. Don't ask me why I have this information in my head.

My bad thought he was posting from jr days :(

Coach Kill has been out to Spring Lake Park High School to visit Eji Ejiya. All-state as a junior, first team all-metro in StarTribune and Pioneer Press. Summary from Star Tribune:

Eji Ejiya, Spring Lake Park, jr., RB: Powerful (6-2, 210) junior rushed for a school record 1,475 yards in 156 carries. Scored 17 TDs. Led team in tackles at linebacker with 92. Played special teams, rarely left the field.

Is there a pretty good chance the Ragnow or any others could receive 4* billing from recruiting services?

Is there a pretty good chance the Ragnow or any others could receive 4* billing from recruiting services?
From the sounds of things, Ragnow is clearly #2 in teams of recruiting buzz. I think the reputation of Minnesota producing quality lineman will certainly help him in that regard as well.

If Kill is able to pick up Ragnow AFTER committing Jeff Jones, it would be tremendous as far as getting other big recruits to follow suit.

Hello all, I am a first time poster, but I have been a regular looker for a while. I went to high school with Clayton Thorson (I was a senior his soph year) and the kid is an absolute stud. The DVC is the best conference in Illinois and he pretty much dominated. He played a lot of wide receiver this year because Wheaton North had a good senior qb. A teammate of his was also up here for that junior day event, a receiver named Matt Biegalski. I don't think he has an offer, but he is also extremely talented.

Hello all, I am a first time poster, but I have been a regular looker for a while. I went to high school with Clayton Thorson (I was a senior his soph year) and the kid is an absolute stud. The DVC is the best conference in Illinois and he pretty much dominated. He played a lot of wide receiver this year because Wheaton North had a good senior qb. A teammate of his was also up here for that junior day event, a receiver named Matt Biegalski. I don't think he has an offer, but he is also extremely talented.

Thanks for the post - good stuff, I appreciate the perspective. We have one good Illinois QB coming in this year, it would be nice to open a bit of a pipeline!

Go Gophers!!

That kid is really......REALLY good. I will be absolutely amazed if we can snag him. I'm still one for offering our MN 2014 QBs early, but that kid is Kaepernick-like.

Top Bottom