Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsArenaGuy View Post
    No. This is Minnesota Pride. He comes around once in a while. He has already admitted who he is.
    So you're saying I'm rotten at 'Pick The Imposter' also.

Quote Originally Posted by ethomasp31 View Post
    If the Gophers finish out the Big Ten at 8-10 or 9-9, bitch away all you want, especially if it looks like we aren't going to get any of the Big Three junior recruits. But right now isn't the time to bitch.
    Well I guess you've set the rules.

Bitch all you want...it just makes you look like the typical Minnesota fan.

Quote Originally Posted by station19 View Post

So you're saying I'm rotten at 'Pick The Imposter' also.
    Just the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by #1nHkyCfbBsbDncSolarDebat View Post
    bleedsmaroonandgold, so Shaka did his job when he took his players to the FF, but Tubby didn't do his job when he took a team and won SIX games in a row and won a Natl Title?
    They both did their jobs in those years. It was a different job though. Tubby took winners and won with them. Shaka took losers and won with them. The difference is that Tubby had players anyone could win with, and indeed Pitino, the man who recruited them, did win a championship with them. Shaka's predecessor wasn't able to reach anywhere near the Final Four with those players, but Shaka was able to out-coach his predecessor and win with his players.

If we had a national championship quality program when we fired Monson, I'm sure Tubby would have been the perfect coach to win a title the first year and then putz around and be almost as good the rest of the way.

I know that's 13 games listed and we only have 12 left, but don't have the schedule right in front of me, so not sure which game is not going to happen?
    We only play Penn State once this year, and it's at home, there is no @Penn State.

And ethomasp, with regards to only have two seasons with more than 10 Big Ten wins in the last 30 years, I think you should probably include Monson's 10-6 season as well. It's harder to reach 10+ wins with only 16 Big Ten games, in fact 10-6 is actually slightly better than 11-7 as far as winning percentage goes, so if you're going to include Clem's 11-7 season, I think you should include Monson's 10-6 season as well.

The loss to Northwestern definitely sucks, and it would have helped us with potentially winning the conference if we could avoid losing even a single game to a Big Ten team that is worse than us, but 2011-12 Big Ten champs Michigan State and Ohio State both lost road games to a 6-12 Illinois team, so it's not the end of the world that we lost this game.

ethomasp31 has it right. The gophs lost to a team they should've beaten, which will happen to pert near every team in the conference this season. How the rest of the season plays out will reflect on Tubby, just as the rest of his tenure has. You're also right about the sporting fans in this state. The worst. The media feeds it because people eat it up. The only way to fix that is to be a better fan. Yes you. I'm talking specifically to you, fellow message board poster.

Should Tubstachio have had the boys ready to go against the 1-3-1? Of course. They f'd that up worse than that awful purple washout floor in Evanston. But it is one game. There's no reason the gophers can't beat anybody in the conference, but that game showed them they can lose on any given night too.

My point? Not sure I have one. But I read this whole thread so I might as well post.

Cheer up and watch some jam dunks...MF beat the badgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweaty Frasier View Post

My point? Not sure I have one. But I read this whole thread so I might as well post.

Absolutely the most honest post since dboy started threads about Sullinger being over rated and rebounding on free throws is easy because all ya haffta do is stand there and wait for the miss to come to ya. Wait, or was that millionstospare/missedlayup?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Don View Post
    Absolutely the most honest post since dboy started threads about Sullinger being over rated and rebounding on free throws is easy because all ya haffta do is stand there and wait for the miss to come to ya. Wait, or was that millions2spare/missedlayup?

you're welcome

BTW..'Adam' has posted twice in the last couple of days.

Great points.

Great points.
    BTW you are right about that floor at Northwestern. Atrocious.

Gophers have the best floor.
    M at center court...perfect

B1G off to side......I hate it when they put it in the paint/lane

WILLIAMS ARENA
    ..... The Barn.............. perfect

Smaller font on MINNESOTA and GOLDEN GOPHERS.............much better than the old.

Agreed, some good upgrades in Williams. Still torn about the McDonalds Ms going away on the stairs, but in the end I think it was the right thing. Transfats and all that.

Station - WilliamsArenaGuy is right, I'm MinnesotaPride.

A few of the things I love - The Gophers. Truth. Balance. Honesty.

A few things that I don't love or hate - Tubby Smith.

A few things that I HATE - Liars. Hypocrites. Exaggeration. Manipulation. Cheaters.

If someone came to the GH and tried arguing that America was the worst country ever, I'd defend America. But if someone came to the GH and tried arguing that America was the best country ever, I might be inspired to point out some of its faults.

Balance.

Someone tries to make Tubby Smith out to be more than he is, I would probably be inspired to point out his faults. But no, here at the GH, we have people trying to make Tubby Smith out to be worse than he is or deserves, so I am inspired to point out his good points. Simply trying to bring balance to the equation. With so many extremely negative posters here all bashing Tubby pretty badly, I end up looking like I am a Tubby Smith backer. I'm not necessarily a Tubby Smith backer. If all the Tubby haters left and only Tubby lovers remained, I'd evolve into the forum's biggest Tubby critic, in order to bring balance to the equation.

I don't dislike Shaka Smart, in fact, if I heard tomorrow that he was going to be our new coach, I wouldn't know what to think. I wouldn't be overjoyed, but I definitely wouldn't be angry. I'd do just as I'm going to to with Tubby and this season's Gophers. I'm going to wait until the season is all done and over with, and then I'm going to wait some more to see about the 2014 recruiting class. If Shaka took over at the end of the season and landed 2 or all 3 of the top Mn guys from 2014, I would consider that a very good start to his career here. If Tubby gets 2 or all 3 of them here, no matter how the season turns out, I'll be pleased and hopeful about our future.

I'm not going to say that Tubby has to do this or that this year, because I don't know what to expect yet. If we lose Trev to injury or Dre, or something like that, then expecting a Sweet 16 trip would be expecting too much. So far this season, Tubby's lost ONE game that he shouldn't have. JUST ONE. If we were really as good a team as we all thought just 2 weeks ago, then you could argue 2 games, but we obviously are not as good as we all thought.

Station - WilliamsArenaGuy is right, I'm MinnesotaPride.

A few of the things I love - The Gophers. Truth. Balance. Honesty.

A few things that I don't love or hate - Tubby Smith.

A few things that I HATE - Liars. Hypocrites. Exaggeration. Manipulation. Cheaters.

If someone came to the GH and tried arguing that America was the worst country ever, I'd defend America. But if someone came to the GH and tried arguing that America was the best country ever, I might be inspired to point out some of its faults.

Balance.

Someone tries to make Tubby Smith out to be more than he is, I would probably be inspired to point out his faults. But no, here at the GH, we have people trying to make Tubby Smith out to be worse than he is or deserves, so I am inspired to point out his good points. Simply trying to bring balance to the equation. With so many extremely negative posters here all bashing Tubby pretty badly, I end up looking like I am a Tubby Smith backer. I'm not necessarily a Tubby Smith backer. If all the Tubby haters left and only Tubby lovers remained, I'd evolve into the forum's biggest Tubby critic, in order to bring balance to the equation.

I don't dislike Shaka Smart, in fact, if I heard tomorrow that he was going to be our new coach, I wouldn't know what to think. I wouldn't be overjoyed, but I definitely wouldn't be angry. I'd do just as I'm going to to with Tubby and this season's Gophers. I'm going to wait until the season is all done and over with, and then I'm going to wait some more to see about the 2014 recruiting class. If Shaka took over at the end of the season and landed 2 or all 3 of the top Mn guys from 2014, I would consider that a very good start to his career here. If Tubby gets 2 or all 3 of them here, no matter how the season turns out, I'll be pleased and hopeful about our future.

I'm not going to say that Tubby has to do this or that this year, because I don't know what to expect yet. If we lose Trev to injury or Dre, or something like that, then expecting a Sweet 16 trip would be expecting too much. So far this season, Tubby's lost ONE game that he shouldn't have. JUST ONE. If we were really as good a team as we all thought just 2 weeks ago, then you could argue 2 games, but we obviously are not as good as we all thought.
    I always appreciate a sense of balance....there are always two sides(at least) to a story.

There are many 'blind followers' of Tubby and I often try point out many of the 'red flags' I have seen which probably makes me come off as negative.

Like any coach or program, there are always good and bad points.

As far as Tubby, I have just seen too many of the same reoccurring issues. How the remainder of this year plays out will be very interesting. Next year does not look that promising at this point and I wonder how the state of the program will be viewed by our local recruits of the 2014 class.

If you check out the message boards of other teams you will undoubtedly wonder how those fans can view their team so highly. The same thing happen on GopherHole. No teams are as good as many of their fans believe.