Marty Wexler III

SJUgopher

Reaction score
Is this a Barreiro bit like Carl Gerbshmidt? I can't believe anything this guy says on Barreiro so it leaves me to believe it is a bit, but he certainly is not funny.

Some of the things he has said are that they've implanted chips on players, they steal urine from urinals, follow college players around, and that he know Te'o's GF was a hoax.

P.S. For those of you who don't know. He's an NFL draft "expert" that does player evaluations, but differently than others - like toe grip and hand strength. I think he did predict big things from Troy Williamson, so that should ring the alarm bells. The reason why I post on here is because I am wondering if you know any involvement he has had with the U if he's legit.

Yes, it is a 100% bit. No, he does not actually microchip players to make sure they don't go to bars.

Go Gophers!!

He's been on for years. I loved his shock gloves. lol. He's been talking about the GPS chip test for about 5 years.

Didn't he say he doesn't now, but wouldn't rule out doing it (microchipping) again?

So glad I never listen to KFAN anymore. I can't believe they're still trying to sell this shtick.

Do you remember when he said they'd take college players, put some extra pads on them and then let them loose with a Tiger (to test their evading skills)? That would be awesome to watch, but clearly a bit.

Marty Wexler also predicted the Vikings would take Percy Harvin. He's got the inside scoop...

paid for 4 years of SJU and you can't discern a radio bit?

Wait .. he says they've implanted chips on players. He says they steal urine from urinals. He says they follow college players around.

And your question is ... what?

It's MW3 time. Will he sing about the Vikings picking a Gopher or two?

He says they follow college players around.

Well that part actually happens at least.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well that part actually happens at least.

That's funny about the Bucs. The real reason they didn't draft him was that he was picked 5th and they picked 7th. Hard to draft a player who was already picked.

Does anyone know who Gerbschmidt is. Extremely funny bit that personified those that live in buckyville

Does anyone know who Gerbschmidt is. Extremely funny bit that personified those that live in buckyville

Kevin Seifert. Gerbschmidt is the funniest thing on radio.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

They still do those two bits? Wow...talk about creative.
I think they also at one time had a Brewster imposter and then more recently a Norv Turner bit. The only good one is Gerbschmidt (at least in my opinion).

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

MW III was very funny a few years ago, but now it goes a little far to come up with new ideas. The bit has to be almost believable to be funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The SJU in his moniker stands for San Juan University

Hey buddy, that's mighty derogatory towards Hispanics. What, just because Its a Spanish name it's not a good U!? You leave the fighting guacamole's alone! Oh sorry they had to change the name to generic avocado pastes. Guacamoles was also deemed offensive it seems... (btw I'm Hispanic and just making a joke at the expense of political correctness, which has gotten so out of control I felt compelled to write this explanation)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey buddy, that's mighty derogatory towards Hispanics. What, just because Its a Spanish name it's not a good U!? You leave the fighting guacamole's alone! Oh sorry they had to change the name to generic avocado pastes. Guacamoles was also deemed offensive it seems... (btw I'm Hispanic and just making a joke at the expense of political correctness, which has gotten so out of control I felt compelled to write this explanation)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wha.... ;)

I've always liked the Wexler bit but I suppose it is getting old. He has to get more outlandish because you just run out of ideas that sound reasonable. Some of the ones I recall that were funny were things like how certain guys either are night game guys or day game guys, his test that uses astrological signs and other nonsense to predict players abilities, and the toe grip strength test. The first couple years it was only a bit over to top so you knew that a lot of people were believing it.

Can anyone factually say it's a bit? Perhaps he is just consistently ahead of the curve.

It is tradition. Would not be a draft without MW III.

Gerby is one of the greatest radio bits ever. When the character gets a sponsor, you know you have struck gold.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It is tradition. Would not be a draft without MW III.

Gerby is one of the greatest radio bits ever. When the character gets a sponsor, you know you have struck gold.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gerby is can't miss radio. I appreciate the bits because sports is supposed to be fun, people take it too seriously these days

The Kevin Seifert rumor is false. Actually Its Gregg Swedberg. Dont ask me how I know though. I wont answer.

So when Seifert left the Star Tribune a few years ago and then said "in an unrelated side note, Karl Gerbschmidt will still be on KFAN" was just a ruse? Not to mention, Wikipedia even says it's Seifert, so it has to be true.

I enjoy the Marty Wexler bit maybe too much. It is brilliant precisely because people have a hard time figuring out if it is real. The whole combine stats and various testing has become ridiculous. The amount of resources and money in the NFL is likewise astonishing so it isn't crazy to think draft prospects are vetted, followed, or otherwise evaluated to ridiculous extremes.

I'm always amazed when commentators and teams over value players based on combine stats instead of how well they played in college.

Top Bottom