Bandwagon fans EXPOSED!!! I love twitter, it lets people show off how...

Reaction score
I don't know, how big of bandwagon fans they are? How stupid they are? How little they know about sports? How fairweather Minnesota fans are in general?

I love twitter, for alot of reasons, but just wait until your favorite team goes down by 20 and just read the bandwagoners last jabs before jumping off the bandwagon. Some of them come right out and tell the truth and say, "hey, I'm jumping off the bandwagon". Well I say GOOD.

One good thing that comes with a loss like this, for a fan such as myself and many of the good and loyal and long suffering Gopher fan that hang out here at the Gopherhole is that sometimes a team like this present Gophers bb team is TOO PRECIOUS to be shared with undeserving loser bandwagon fans.

Ok, maybe I'm being a little too hard on them, but they are so annoying that I just want to bash their faces in.

I was excited about the Gophers and their chances of winning a Big Ten title, and honestly, they are still well within reach. They have the easiest path BY FAR ahead of them from this point on, its so much easier than the rest of the conf, its not even close. NOT EVEN CLOSE. But thats if we beat the teams ranked BELOW us in the standings. Ok, we can't beat the teams ahead of us in the standings, but we don't necessarily have to, although beating IU at home is almost a must win if we want to keep our hopes alive for a Big Ten title.

But, thats besides the point. Conf Titles are nice and all, but going deep in the NCAA tourney is what REALLY makes or breaks a season, and I remember how precious it was in 1989. I was in the Army and I was THE ONLY GOPHER fan that existed at that time, or so it seemed. The sports store I went to had to special order a Gopher hat for me, because otherwise he told me he never remembered every selling one or anyone asking for one. I told him the Gophers were going to surprise everyone, and THEY DID, and NO ONE other than true Gopher fans saw it coming and I'm sure that many of you in here now, were where I was at that time. The Gophers just snuck up on the nation in 1989, and even in 1990, STILL they didn't believe, we struggled beating teams on the road, kind of like how we are struggling right now beating these good teams, and so they basically wrote us off as a fluke in 1989. But that store owner was impressed that I knew about them WELL before anyone else did. That was kind of fun, and like I said, it is a precious memory of mine to have felt like one of their only fans, one of their true fans, one of their most loyal fans. And then again in 1990, I went to New Orleans to see them play, and we proved that we weren't a fluke, and I'll never forget how close we came to winning that game and going to the Final Four.

Were either of those teams better than this team?!

We went what? 10-8 and 11-7 in conf those 2 seasons?!

Just think about that for awhile.

Losing this game could just mean that once again, only true and loyal fans will be there to watch them succeed in the Big Dance. Then the Bandwagon fans will show up next year and will drop off early when we struggle without all of our seniors from this season. lol

I'm with you, our fanbase is driving me nuts. Many see the ranking and then raised their expectations to an unfair level. If we miss a shot or have a turnover it means tubby doesn't coach and the players suck. We didn't look like a team that was excited to play tonight in my opinion we looked intimidated. We will turn it around and make a run at the top of the big ten, I'm still excited. Let the bitching continue

Go gophers

I'm with you, our fanbase is driving me nuts. Many see the ranking and then raised their expectations to an unfair level. If we miss a shot or have a turnover it means tubby doesn't coach and the players suck. We didn't look like a team that was excited to play tonight in my opinion we looked intimidated. We will turn it around and make a run at the top of the big ten, I'm still excited. Let the bitching continue

Go gophers

I left the game thread early on due to the incessant bitching. I checked in every now and then to see what people were saying, and I immediately left again, concussing myself several times shaking my head at some of the posters. But my headaches are now subsiding thanks to my special diet of lots of the grain group.

But I have come to realize that fans are fans, and get very emotional, but the childish name calling is just that, childish.

BTW, the sun will rise in the East tomorrow morning, and fishing opener is always just around the corner.

I don't know, how big of bandwagon fans they are? How stupid they are?

Well I got the lucky draw to sit by 8 mid-30's wasted guys. 2 funny and 6 wasted dip*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s; piss and moan - the sky is falling - this team sucks. They also left with 15 minutes left in the second half, partly because the score and mostly because they emptied their bottle of captain so early.

I didn't check the crying twitter-heads, but I'm sure their were plenty.

This is a very talented team that has the ability to make a run! #GoGophers

I just want to live long enough to see the Gophers get back to an Elite 8 or sweet 16 and die like my grandfather did in his sleep, not like the passengers in the car.

I left the game thread early on due to the incessant bitching. I checked in every now and then to see what people were saying, and I immediately left again, concussing myself several times shaking my head at some of the posters. But my headaches are now subsiding thanks to my special diet of lots of the grain group.

But I have come to realize that fans are fans, and get very emotional, but the childish name calling is just that, childish.

BTW, the sun will rise in the East tomorrow morning, and fishing opener is always just around the corner.

God I love this post even though I was one of "them".

+1

Michigan is stacked. Tough loss. Gophers are still good. Some fans are still idiots. Don't worry about what they think or try to change their opinions - it does not matter what other people think. Gophers were tested. Now they have some more things to work on.

Just because you rage on the game thread doesn't mean you're a bandwagon fan. I'm 17 years old I have followed and watched just about every gopher football/basketball/hockey game since I can remember. It just disappointing how fired up I get to watch and then get let down. I still support them though.

Great post by the 17 year old kid! Nothing wrong with being honest tell it like it is. I am a fan but they were bad tonight.

I support the Gophs but they got whipped on one of the biggest nights the barn has seen in a while. What does that have to do with being off the bandwagon?

It is just telling it like it is. Tonight they were bad when they had a chance to create some energy around the program.

Great post by the 17 year old kid! Nothing wrong with being honest tell it like it is. I am a fan but they were bad tonight.

I support the Gophs but they got whipped on one of the biggest nights the barn has seen in a while. What does that have to do with being off the bandwagon?

It is just telling it like it is. Tonight they were bad when they had a chance to create some energy around the program.

True, can't argue with this point. Could have won and created more buzz. But they lost to a top two or three type team in the country (if you ask me all our losses have been to a top two or three type program). To turn the corner we need to win these type of games. But we are still good enough to win any and every game left on the schedule if we play like we can and should play.

I'm not trying to make every person that makes a negative comment on twitter out to be a bandwagon fan, but there are certain select things I saw posted that only a true, filthy, pathetic loser of a bandwagon fan could post.

I'm talking about one of those idiots who saw in the paper that we were ranked Top Ten, tuned into the game, saw us lose and then tweets that we suck and boud for the NIT.

Serious?!

Some of those people are lucky they do not know me personally, or that I don't sit next to them at games when they make their comments. Because I am the kind of person who will publicly embarrass those people in front of as many people as I can. I am not a basketball strategic genius or anything, if I was, I'd be making good money coaching right now. But I have done this in the past, and have had other fans actually congratulate me for doing it and shutting them up. I've also had more than one of the people I confronted, come to their senses and apologize for their dumb remarks, and they ended up shaking my hand.

Knowledge IS a good thing, most of the time. lol

Roland -- I'm not talking about the loyal fans who made negative comments. I'm talking about the fans who literally stated that they were off the bandwagon, or that they wasted their time watching an "obviously way overrated" team, or that the Gophers weren't even a Top 25 team, or that they were losers and bound for the NIT.

And these were the same fans I recognized earlier in the game supposedly all jazzed about the Gophers.

Idiots without a clue. BANDWAGON fans.

If they are still here, or still going to stick with the team, then they are not bandwagon fans, are they?!

Everybody calm down....still have many games to go. Step away from the ledge!

A top 10 ranking brings out the bandwagoners on Twitter. Then we have our manic-depressives here. They're why the ignore list was invented. Overall, most folks who are there from the beginning will get over it when the sun comes up tomorrow. The bandwagoners will be off to the Wild bandwagon, at least until they lose to Dallas on Sunday...

I have been a passionate, loyal, and sometimes a little obsessive gopher fan for as long as I can rember, and I just get chills every time I see the maroon and gold run out into Williams arena. That is what sepererates true fans from bandwagoners.

I have been a passionate, loyal, and sometimes a little obsessive gopher fan for as long as I can rember, and I just get chills every time I see the maroon and gold run out into Williams arena. That is what sepererates true fans from bandwagoners.

+1

Roland -- I'm not talking about the loyal fans who made negative comments. I'm talking about the fans who literally stated that they were off the bandwagon, or that they wasted their time watching an "obviously way overrated" team, or that the Gophers weren't even a Top 25 team, or that they were losers and bound for the NIT.

Quite a few of these folk on the Gophers' Facebook pages. The ones who say "same ol' Gophers" after we lose to one of the best teams in the country. There were also some of them after the bowl game saying how pathetic it was that we lost to Texas Tech, ignoring the fact that we were playing them in Texas and the Red Raiders were favored by nearly two touchdowns. Even when it was announced that we made it to a bowl game, there were no shortage of people saying that we didn't deserve it and that we suck. Either casual fans are clueless as to the reality of the situation, or they just choose to ignore it for the sake of being negative. GophersInIowa has pointed it out before that Minnesota sports fans seem to love being negative about their teams more than other fanbases around the country.

We will beat NW on the road and they will be fairly distant as it is a game they expect us to win. If we then beat WI they will come back On the board and claim we are once again elite eight bound.

And one of the reasons I do NOT go to the Gopher Facebook pages, because I'd probably go ballistic. And its those same idiots who then wonder why its so hard for Gopher Coaches to get recruits to come here.

I'm going to be honest. I have been a Gophers fan my whole life, even though that hasn't been very long. I have loved watching every team, especially basketball and football, play, even through the difficult times. I just recently started posting on this site because I wanted to feel like a bigger part of the fan base and I was proud to be a Gopher fan.

Seeing people complain about this years team makes me so angry. We have lost to the 3 best teams in the nation in my opinion. We have no reason to complain. I stayed away from the game thread today because I had a feeling that if things went south people would start complaining like crazy. If you are a bandwagoner, leave this site because you are ruining it for everyone else.

What about the white?:banghead:

I used to lurk on these forums a ton and would read every thread. I've gotten to the point that I barely look at anything beyond the recruiting information. The negativity drives me nuts! We're a top 10 ten for the first time in ages, and someone starts a thread complaining we won't be as good as next year? Who cares! It's the '12-13 season.

I almost lost it when whatshisface posted the thread complaining about the point guard play. Like every team out there has 3 Dre Hollins' on their bench, and the Gophers are the only ones that don't, and it's Tubby's fault I'm sure. Pure drivel.

It's seasons like this that are rewards for us true fans. I never stopped cheering for them for the last couple of seasons, when things didn't go too well. Just like when I cheered for one of my other teams, when they had seasons of 6-24, 8-21, 13-20, and 14-16 while I was in undergrad.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I used to lurk on these forums a ton and would read every thread. I've gotten to the point that I barely look at anything beyond the recruiting information. The negativity drives me nuts! We're a top 10 ten for the first time in ages, and someone starts a thread complaining we won't be as good as next year? Who cares! It's the '12-13 season.

I almost lost it when whatshisface posted the thread complaining about the point guard play. Like every team out there has 3 Dre Hollins' on their bench, and the Gophers are the only ones that don't, and it's Tubby's fault I'm sure. Pure drivel.

It's seasons like this that are rewards for us true fans. I never stopped cheering for them for the last couple of seasons, when things didn't go too well. Just like when I cheered for one of my other teams, when they had seasons of 6-24, 8-21, 13-20, and 14-16 while I was in undergrad.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

There would not be much said on GH if that was the case. :)

I'm proud of myself for not even looking at g'hole last night. I was ticked off, but hardly ready to jump off the bandwagon. We're probably the 12th-15th best team in the country right now. Before the season started, virtually every Gopher fan would have been excited if they knew we would be ranked there at this point in the season.

I'm proud of myself for not even looking at g'hole last night. I was ticked off, but hardly ready to jump off the bandwagon. We're probably the 12th-15th best team in the country right now. Before the season started, virtually every Gopher fan would have been excited if they knew we would be ranked there at this point in the season.

You are correct, GII. Here is the band wagon after last night:

http://www.falkenburyfarm.com/files/images/august 08 014.preview.jpg

Top Bottom