Bandwagon fans EXPOSED!!! I love twitter, it lets people show off how...

Keep in mind that a lot of these so-called bandwagon fans are 20-year season ticket holders who call it the way they see it, positive or negative.

I love to hear the sound of a good splat on the pavement, like a water balloon from extreme height.

Bad Gopher - No one is talking about those fans, well, maybe some are, but mostly we, or I should say I, started this post referring to the TRUE bandwagon fans, the ones who only started paying attention because we got into the Top Ten in the rankings, and then without knowing diddly about the team, our schedule, our players, our opponents, etc., just started making dumb, ignorant and stupid comments on twitter about the Gophers, just because we lost to the #2 team in the country.

20 year season ticket holders can say whatever they want, and if I disagree, I'll let them know, and often times I will. But those are not the "bandwagon" fans that this thread was intended to be bitching about. It may have evolved into that, because all of the TRUE bandwagon fans left and are gone. Now all we have left are the positive true fans, and the negative true fans. Both want whats best for the team, just disagree as to what that is sometimes.

Bad Gopher - No one is talking about those fans, well, maybe some are, but mostly we, or I should say I, started this post referring to the TRUE bandwagon fans, the ones who only started paying attention because we got into the Top Ten in the rankings, and then without knowing diddly about the team, our schedule, our players, our opponents, etc., just started making dumb, ignorant and stupid comments on twitter about the Gophers, just because we lost to the #2 team in the country.

20 year season ticket holders can say whatever they want, and if I disagree, I'll let them know, and often times I will. But those are not the "bandwagon" fans that this thread was intended to be bitching about. It may have evolved into that, because all of the TRUE bandwagon fans left and are gone. Now all we have left are the positive true fans, and the negative true fans. Both want whats best for the team, just disagree as to what that is sometimes.

I understand. Just trying to state that some of the people who talk in my ear and are the most critical of the team sometimes are also the people who love the Gophers the most and painted their rec room maroon and gold.

Personally, I like going to games when the Barn is packed to the gills. If that means that a few "bandwagon" fans have to show up to accomplish this feat.. so be it. People have the right to feel however they want about this team, or any other team that will trot out onto the Williams arena floor for the rest of eternity. Nobody is ever "right" when it comes to the fan debate.

I made a $20 bet back in June that the Gophers would be a Sweet 16 team this year. If I lose the bet my friend will say, wow I can't believe you thought the Gophers would ever make it back to the Sweet 16. If I win I will say, hahahahahaha told you so! However, it is a total crap shoot because this is what we know:

Gophers = Good
Other teams in NCAA tournament = Good
Good team vs. Good team = unpredictable outcome

The Gophers are a GOOD team, that is a FACT. Does that mean that they will make the round of 32? The Sweet 16? The Elite 8? No.

Let's savor every victory that we get and enjoy the season regardless of how it ends. This is one of those special teams that we don't get very often as Gophers fans, and to have unreasonable expectations for the future would be shameful.

Beat the Wildcats (again), beat the Badgers, beat the Huskers, beat the Hawkeyes, beat Sparty, beat the Illini, beat Bucky (again), beat stupid Iowa (again), beat the Buckeyes, beat the Hoosiers (redemption), beat the Cowardly Lions, massacre the Huskers, demolish the Boilers, and win the friggin' B1G regular season title, followed by the friggin' B1G tournament, and finish it off with a friggin' incredible run in the NCAA tournament.... Byaaaah!

OK here's what I think is wrong and selfish and stupid. That would be people who say there is only 1 way to be a fan and that is to interact and respond to the team in exactly the same way that I do.

it is a total crap shoot because this is what we know:

Gophers = Good
Other teams in NCAA tournament = Good
Good team vs. Good team = unpredictable outcome

The Gophers are a GOOD team, that is a FACT. Does that mean that they will make the round of 32? The Sweet 16? The Elite 8? No.

Let's savor every victory that we get and enjoy the season regardless of how it ends. This is one of those special teams that we don't get very often as Gophers fans, and to have unreasonable expectations for the future would be shameful.

tumblr_lvtjap5yVS1qequ8i.gif

I'm not saying that bandwagon fans aren't welcome to help pack Williams Arena for big games. I'm not saying that there is a right kind of fan or a wrong kind. I acknowledged that there were positive fans and negative fans. The positive ones can often times be TOO positive. The negative ones can often times be TOO negative. But they are both TRUE fans, no question.

And the true bandwagon fans, well, I'm not judging them, or saying that they shouldn't be considered fans, or don't have a right to be fans, not at all.

I'm complaining about their ignorant comments. I'm hoping that they would just jump off the bandwagon without making stupid comments in the process. Just like I'm hoping that we win Natl Titles in Men's BB, Men's Hockey, Women's Hockey, Mens Wrestling, Women's Gym and Men's Gym all this season. Probably neither is not going to happen, but I can hope, can't I? lol

Bandwagon fan = Wanting coaching change because we haven't won a single ncaa tournament game in 5 years.

Top Bottom