IT IS GAMEDAY!!!

They still have to win at Ohio State. Not sure they will win that one.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost that game at all. It's not like Michigan's really been challenged all year. They had the NC State game at home, but other than that, I don't think they've even played another ranked team, have they? These next two games (and 3 of 4 when they go to ILL) could be very interesting to see where Michigan really stands.

I would be just fine with Michigan losing to Ohio State. The more losses to IU and Michigan the better. This is our year where the window is open. Like Ruesse said, let's take it.

Playing #1 is great and everything, but losses for the top teams in the Big 10 is more important to me.

Great effort in the 2nd half from the Gophers and I think the team really showed and proved a lot to some people with that 2nd half. Indiana is a very good team but I think we saw closer to the real Indiana in the 2nd half then in the 1st half and can't wait to see them again at The Barn. I know a little homecooking should be expected in the B1G, but the reffing was horrible today with Indiana attempting 40 free throws to the Gophers 15 attempts and I still can't believe how Zeller didn't pick up a foul until very late in the game with how physical he was playing. I still don't know why they didn't review Hollins 3 point shot even after Tubbby called a timeout to allow them too. I expect Michigan to win against Ohio St. although it is a huge rivalry game and to come in to The Barn as #1 and expect a great atmosphere. I think you will see a Gopher team that will make a little bit of a statement against Michigan.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost that game at all. It's not like Michigan's really been challenged all year. They had the NC State game at home, but other than that, I don't think they've even played another ranked team, have they? These next two games (and 3 of 4 when they go to ILL) could be very interesting to see where Michigan really stands.

Pitt, K-State, NC State, Bradley, Arkansas and West Virginia in the preseason. I don't think Michigan can be accused of scheduling scrubs before the B1G season. UM is for real and will be an equal test to what IU was today. I'm hoping UM takes down Ohio tomorrow so that the Gophers can get a shot at #1. Gopher fans at the Barn need to match IU fans intensity today. Make the Barn an electric place on Thursday so that I'm unable to hear Dickie V on the TV broadcast.

Pitt, K-State, NC State, Bradley, Arkansas and West Virginia in the preseason. I don't think Michigan can be accused of scheduling scrubs before the B1G season. UM is for real and will be an equal test to what IU was today. I'm hoping UM takes down Ohio tomorrow so that the Gophers can get a shot at #1. Gopher fans at the Barn need to match IU fans intensity today. Make the Barn an electric place on Thursday so that I'm unable to hear Dickie V on the TV broadcast.

I thought it would come across that way, but I was really not trying to paint it as though they've played no one. They had a quality schedule, but they just haven't really had that very high level challenge (especially on the road), so I feel like they're still a little bit unknown as a #2 team. I actually expect them to rise to the challenge, but I'm just saying I can't know that based on history cause they really haven't encountered it yet. It's kinda like how I felt about the Gophers before these last two games.

But I also agree with afurry, any Michigan loss only helps us. I'm looking at the conference title picture, and whenever one of the top teams go down, I welcome it.

I thought it would come across that way, but I was really not trying to paint it as though they've played no one. They had a quality schedule, but they just haven't really had that very high level challenge (especially on the road), so I feel like they're still a little bit unknown as a #2 team. I actually expect them to rise to the challenge, but I'm just saying I can't know that based on history cause they really haven't encountered it yet. It's kinda like how I felt about the Gophers before these last two games.

But I also agree with afurry, any Michigan loss only helps us. I'm looking at the conference title picture, and whenever one of the top teams go down, I welcome it.

You are right. NC State was ranked 18th when Michigan beat them. Their game against OSU will be their second ranked team they have played. (Meaning ranked at the time they met). Not taking anything away from them though. They will be a tough team to beat, even at home. This is an important game for MN

You are right. NC State was ranked 18th when Michigan beat them. Their game against OSU will be their second ranked team they have played. (Meaning ranked at the time they met). Not taking anything away from them though. They will be a tough team to beat, even at home. This is an important game for MN

K-State and Pitt have been hovering around the lower end of the top 25, but I believe both were unranked when they played Michigan. Michigan has a high strength of schedule because they've played a lot of decent teams, but they haven't played a team on their level yet. At Ohio State tomorrow may be their toughest game of the season so far, and at Minnesota will be their toughest of the season when they play us. Michigan looks good for sure, but I think the Gophers could also be undefeated with their schedule.

No predictions from me on any B1G games this year. I am just so frikking excited for the competition and excitement of every game that I bought an extra 6-month supply of Depends to just get me through the next 3 months.

And I even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Top Bottom