First my eyes bugged out when I saw we were #4 in the RPI, until I saw this...

Well if you are talking about turnovers and stupid passes #1 (..) ie beating themselves .. This team seems to have solutions to whatever (except Duke at this point) teams throw at them. Reminds me of 97.

I guess I am just saying, if nothing goes wrong, no injuries, nothing else that would take players away from this team or their attention away from bb, and we don't beat ourselves, if we cut down on turnovers and mistakes, etc., I think this is our year. Some college bb fans are talking about how this is a down year in general for college basketball. The #1 team, Duke, now has lost a key player, Zona isn't looking as good as some thought they might have been.

I think this is a year for the Big Ten to simply own. I think we'll have 3, maybe 4, Elite 8 teams, and 2 FF teams, and about a 50% chance that a Big Ten team will win it all. This year reminds me a lot of 1999, except that we are one of the top Big Ten teams going into the tourney instead. And so I really think that if everything falls into place, its our Natl Title to lose. I'm not predicting we'll win it all, or even make the FF. It is just too hard for me to shake the gnawing feeling that something has to go wrong, or we have to beat ourselves sometime before we get that far. I hate to use a religious reference, but its just too fitting, so please forgive me for doing so, but I can't think of a better example. I feel like doubting Thomas, who was there with Jesus the whole time, one of his loyal disciples, but had to see the holes in his hands for himself before he believed he had risen.
My own confidence in this team is basically freaking me out. It's been too long since, and I just don't know how to think or feel or act about all of it. I don't want to get my hopes up too high and have them crushed, but I also don't want to be the idiot who couldn't see the forest through the trees. I don't want to think that I'm looking at all this through Maroon and Gold colored glasses. And I might be? I've had concerns about this team, and they seem to be becoming less and less concerning, and partly because no other team around the country is doing enough to make me more concerned than I am.

Top Bottom