Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default First my eyes bugged out when I saw we were #4 in the RPI, until I saw this...

Espn's Basketball Power Index(BPI) has UMn listed at #2. No 2.

1. Duke
    2. Minnesota
    3. Indiana
    4. Louisville
    5. Arizona
    6. Florida
    7. Kansas
    8. Michigan
    9. Syracuse
    10. Creighton

Duke is way out in front, and we are only 1/10th of a point ahead of IU, but for the time being, we are ranked #2 in the nation!!!

#2 BPI, #4 RPI, #8 AP. Things are looking good!!!

Enjoy the love, but will feel better about it if they beat Ind & Mich. Duke pretty well manhandled the U, but I still look back at that game as a good thing, letting the U experience playing a top program and what is needed to reach the next level.

I hate to say it, I don't know how long it will last, but for the time being, I'm really enjoying the love!!!

Don't even know what the BPI poll is, but it sounds impressive, the Basketball POWER Index. And whatever it is or means, it can't be a bad thing that we are ranked #2 in the thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by #1nHkyCfbBsbDncSolarDebat View Post
    I hate to say it, I don't know how long it will last, but for the time being, I'm really enjoying the love!!!

Don't even know what the BPI poll is, but it sounds impressive, the Basketball POWER Index. And whatever it is or means, it can't be a bad thing that we are ranked #2 in the thing!!!
    dat username

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher07 View Post
    dat username
    I hope he has it saved so he doesn't have to enter it in every time he comes to G'hole.

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    I hope he has it saved so he doesn't have to enter it in every time he comes to G'hole.
    What abbreviation should we use when we refer to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher07 View Post
    dat username
    Haha looks like he pounded on his keyboard and said, "eh, that's good enough."

Quote Originally Posted by station19 View Post
    What abbreviation should we use when we refer to him?
    #1nH . . .WTF!

Thinking back to the Duke game now is interesting. At the time, it seemed like we got thoroughly abused, but then I look at the shooting stats (Duke 54.5% FG, 80% 3FG) and think that if Duke just shot their season averages (48.1 and 42.7), we likely still lose, but it's a 6-8 point victory instead of 18. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if the two teams played 100 times, 18 is probably the largest margin of victory Duke would have in those 100 games. Minnesota would probably give them as good of a game consistently as almost any team in the country.

But seriously, #1.

Good post. Thanks

Well, not sure how long some of you have been here, but I used to go by Minnesota Pride, so MP would work. Or, if you look at my moniker closely, you will notice I'm indicating what sports UMn is #1 in, or has been #1 in for an extended period of time.

It's amazing to think that if the Gophers beat Duke, they would be the #1 team in the land right now. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Thinking back to the Duke game now is interesting. At the time, it seemed like we got thoroughly abused, but then I look at the shooting stats (Duke 54.5% FG, 80% 3FG) and think that if Duke just shot their season averages (48.1 and 42.7), we likely still lose, but it's a 6-8 point victory instead of 18. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if the two teams played 100 times, 18 is probably the largest margin of victory Duke would have in those 100 games. Minnesota would probably give them as good of a game consistently as almost any team in the country.
    There's just not much you can do against a great team that's sinking contested 3s like Duke was against us. They were hitting EVERYTHING (especially in 2nd half it seemed) and we couldn't get a shot to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by savagerube View Post
    It's amazing to think that if the Gophers beat Duke, they would be the #1 team in the land right now. Crazy.
    this is everything we hate about WI/IA/MI/NE fans.

Quote Originally Posted by savagerube View Post
    Then we would have had to play Louisville. Lots of what ifs.