#3 Arizona down 16 in 1st half

I agree. I'm just saying you can't rely on a picture based on the ESPN TV clock.

Yep. For that matter, you can't rely on a picture based on the ribbon board clocks in the arena. They generally lag by about 0.15 seconds. The only ones you can rely on are the shot clocks mounted on the basket stanchion. Ask Bo Ryan about that.

May have happened already. The Pac-12 website has Colorado 1-0 in conference.

Now it lists Arizona as the winner.

Yep. For that matter, you can't rely on a picture based on the ribbon board clocks in the arena. They generally lag by about 0.15 seconds. The only ones you can rely on are the shot clocks mounted on the basket stanchion. Ask Bo Ryan about that.

I was thinking the exact same thing, Michigan State @ Wisconsin last year. Wisconsin hit a buzzer beater 3 to tie the game in over time, and the ribbon scoreboard said there was time left, but the clock on the backboard said there wasn't. The shot didn't count, and Michigan State won.

People were posting pictures on the ESPN board of the ball out of Chen's hands with 0.2 seconds left on the ESPN scoreboard's clock, which doesn't prove that he made it. That said, it looked to me like Chen got the shot off with 0.1 seconds on the clock on the backboard.

At worst, it was inconclusive, which you'd think would mean they would stick with the call on the court which was good.

Top Bottom