#3 Arizona down 16 in 1st half

this is a crazy game, ethier way, just got to say

I thought the shot was good. Meanwhile, Wisconsin with a 2 point lead over Penn State at home with a little over 3 minutes left, Badgers headed to the free throw line.

everyone should watch BTN, close game between badgers and penn state

I WILL personally throw mushy bananas at those refs faces if I ever see them. So full of bull**** and they cost Colorado a well deserving win, and screwed the rest of us out of a higher ranking spot!

Some absolutely atrocious officials in this one... They have been overcome by the atmosphere...

The PAC 12 Commish should step in and declare Colorado the winnners.

Yes, and when 3 referees step in together and discuss, they're expected to get the right flippin call.

Consequence? Have the commish step in and notch this as a Colorado win, and Arizona loss, and suspend all 3 referees and send them back to refereeing clinics until next season.

2013-January-3-22-37-7.jpg

Great shot above!

I don't see what stops the Commish from stepping in and over-ruling...Game was over!

There were some shots of the moment that were even more decisive that the shot was good! This shot of it is enough though to conclude that.

Colorado got absolutely jobbed.

I don't think they can/will do anything about it though.

I don't think the NCAA or a conference has ever retroactively changed the winner of a game w/o a forfeit/vacation.

Quote from ESPN writeup of game: "Some replays indicated the shot was taken in time. Others showed that perhaps it wasn't."

SO THEN IT'S IN TIME!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

this pic has the ball further away than the ones posted above I think

A_vGVebCcAAkXTJ.jpg

That pic also doesn't show the actual game clock. ESPN's clock was not exactly synced with the game clock. There's another pic which shows the game clock at 00.0 and ESPN at 00.1.

In the first two screengrabs posted to this thread, the red light behind the backboard has yet to turn on, and the ball is out of the shooters' hands. That's the determining factor in endgame/end-of-period situations. Colorado got robbed.

In the first two screengrabs posted to this thread, the red light behind the backboard has yet to turn on, and the ball is out of the shooters' hands. That's the determining factor in endgame/end-of-period situations. Colorado got robbed.

I can guarantee you that Ted Valentine would not have overturned that. He would have marched to mid-court and used the signal that the basket was good and the game was over.

I agree. I'm just saying you can't rely on a picture based on the ESPN TV clock.

Colorado definitely got hosed. They're good enough where it shouldn't affect their NCAA chances, but if they somehow end up on the bubble that hosejob call could come back to bite them.

Plus, I'm pi**ed because I was the only person in my Pick 6 pool to select the Buffs,:cry:

With no red light on the backboard, and the ball clearly out of the shooter's hands... I don't even have to see a clock to say that shot should have counted.

Top Bottom