All Things Brock Bertram Thread

Bertram was at the game again tonight:

@bertrambrock: Great game at the barn with my girl @erobby25

Go Gophers!!

THE SCOUT said he is high major lock and other holers though he was wrong well guess what Tubby agrees with THE SCOUT not with the naysayers

THE SCOUT said he is high major lock and other holers though he was wrong well guess what Tubby agrees with THE SCOUT not with the naysayers

I hope Brock proves himself worthy of a Gopher offer, but this doesn't make sense. Merely being invited to a game doesn't mean the coach thinks you are a lock. If he agreed with you he would give him an offer.

I watched Brock play on Friday against a very undersized Jefferson team

I hope Brock proves himself worthy of a Gopher offer, but this doesn't make sense. Merely being invited to a game doesn't mean the coach thinks you are a lock. If he agreed with you he would give him an offer.

Brock looked very good in my only time seeing him play live. Jefferson biggest guy was about 6'5" and maybe 175 lbs so I had to keep that into consideration. But Brock is no athlete but he is just a freshmen. Does anyone know how much he has grown in the last couple of years? He has good hands and decent footwork. He plays really hard and gets after it. He didn't foul against this undersized team. He could turn into a pretty productive 7' 255 lb player. Can he play the kind of defense Tubby like, I don't know? But he will be a nice player for someone.

Tyus didn't seem to have a great day.

Bertram had 19 points and 11 rebounds last night against Lakeville North:

Jones' first half was quiet -- six points -- but Dustin Fronk (18 points), Brock Bertram (19 points) and Dennis Austin (20 points) provided plenty of offense. The Eagles' size advantage provided extra opportunities off missed shots and easy post-up layups.

The Panthers had no one to box out Bertram. Apple Valley's 6-10 freshman center enjoyed easy offensive rebounds and the put-backs that came with them. Bertram collected 11 rebounds to continue to average a double-double. He fouled out with 2:36 remaining, but the Eagles already had a comfortable double-digit lead.

"They're not the biggest team, so I had to capitalize on the opportunity," Bertram said. "We controlled the boards, and we were more physical than they were."

http://www.mnbasketballhub.com/news_article/show/228125

Go Gophers!!

GopherHole tweet: #Gophers HC Tubby Smith and former Gopher PG Flip Saunders both attended the Apple Valley game tonight to see @Tyusjones06 & @BertramBrock

Go Gophers!!

Really pathetic, inane thing to say. Feel good now?

I actually feel like quite the scout right now. From #28 overall in the country to #58 at his position. I guess you could say that I can predict the future.

I need to see more positives besides the only thing going for him right now which is his size. He isn't particularly athletic and he isn't skilled. He does has a few years to improve his game though.

Eric Hampford ‏@Future150EricH 3h
2016 C Brock Bertram of Apple Valley HS (MN) is a name to remember. He's a B1G style post who will have HM schools knocking very soon. ESPN also has Brock as one of its top 12 Centers class of 2016.

Read back a page. Talking about Ian Theisen.
Theisen was ranked 28th best center not 28th over all. His current rank of 58th best center is higher than recent recruit Joey King who never even earned a ESPN position ranking...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Off to Madison! &#55357;&#56983;&#55357;&#56983;</p>— Brock bertram (@BertramBrock) <a href="https://twitter.com/BertramBrock/statuses/388724241777975296">October 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Fun time at Wisconsin this weekend! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23blessed&src=hash">#blessed</a></p>— Brock bertram (@BertramBrock) <a href="https://twitter.com/BertramBrock/statuses/389182258667466753">October 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

What ever happened to THE SCOUT?

KramerLG.gif

Has Pitino showed any interest in Bertram?

I think he is going to be a very good College center but I don't see how he fits Pitino's style at all, at this point he just doesn't run the floor well enough, who knows how he will change in a couple of years but I don't see it. I would think it would be a wait and see how he develops type of thing

RyanJamesMN 2 Nov
@edavis1007 @GophersNow Speak for yourself dude, plus Jarvis Johnson, Brock Bertram are also Gopher recruits. There will be 7000 fans there.

THE SCOUT! said a while back that he was a lock to be high major and deserved an offer right then. Saying it was a good call by him would imply that Brock was getting high major offers, but he has 0. That's why I asked why. This response doesn't prove anything.

For the record, I like Brock and think he has high major potential, just strongly disagreed that he was a "lock." Also, don't see how he fits in Pitino's system and with the bigs we could get in 2015, it will be very surprising to me if we offer him even if he does develop into a high major talent. Wish him the best, but for those reasons I don't take his recruitment seriously as a Gopher fan.

Top Bottom