All Things Brock Bertram Thread

I went up to St. Cloud to watch Apple Valley vs. Osseo last night. Dustin Fronk was the best player on the court but I was intrigued by the match-up between Bertram and Osseo's Ian Theisen. I have seen Bertram a few times but never against someone his size.

Theisen had a couple nice drop step lay-ups and once or twice over powered Bertram but Bertram had some big rebounds down the stretch, a few nice baskets of his own, blocked and altered a lot of shots and made his free throws. The best part of his game was passing out of double teams which led to 3-4 layups for his teammates since Osseo was helping from the weakside block the entire night. Overall, I think Bertram outplayed Theisen, and his team got the win.

The more I see Bertram the more impressed I am. He seems to care a lot and works hard on both ends of the court. His age shows sometimes when he jumps early or late and at times he seems uncoordinated but I think that all comes with getting older and getting better use of his body. I like Bertram a lot, would like to see if he is 6'8, 6'9 or 6'10 right now though, its hard to tell. FWIW, he was about the same height as Theisen

Dustin Fronk was the best player on the court but I was intrigued by the match-up between Bertram and Osseo's Ian Theisen.

Fronk? I don't remember hearing anything about him. More info please?

Fronk? I don't remember hearing anything about him. More info please?

Not a D1 recruit but I LOVE his game. He will be a good D2 player...St. Cloud States coaches have been talking to him a lot and had 4 guys, including the head coach, at the game.

He is about 6'2", has range from anywhere and has got a lot better from his junior to senior year. More athletic than you'd expect and jesus moses can the kid shoot. He had to have around 30 and he also led AV to the win over Hopkins @ Apple Valley when Jones went out with back spasms.

Off-topic, but I think AV is the best team in the state and I haven't seen anyone who is close. I know they lost to Park Center but I think when (if?) Tyus gets back they will win it all.

Brock bertram ‏@BertramBrock
Going to the barn soon.!!!! #excited

that said tweet GOLDEN gopher is talking about

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN
Next recruit in the building looks to be 6-ft-8 Apple Valley freshman big Brock Bertram

so glad gophers are showing interest now

PC beat AV with Jones Nuetral court... So that means that PC is not close to AV... Not much logic there. AV likely the best team on paper, but PC deserves its number one ranking and Roseville has a case for a number 2 rating .

Brock bertram ‏@BertramBrock
Fun game at the barn! #blessed

always good to have recruits have a good time when they are watching your game

PC beat AV with Jones Nuetral court... So that means that PC is not close to AV... Not much logic there. AV likely the best team on paper, but PC deserves its number one ranking and Roseville has a case for a number 2 rating .

With Jones playing HURT on a neutral court. Also, use spell check, its annoying when you don't. Finally, please finish every post with THE SCOUT! so we have something to mock

HURT enough to score 28 and play 34 minutes... Tyus is not a lame excuse maker like U

Q: How is your high school season with Apple Valley going?
A: We’ve been doing really good. We’re 19-1; we’ve won 15 straight. We’re #1 in the state, now.
Q: How did your Pump N Run season go?
A: We did good. We finished 10th in the nation. We had a good run in Las Vegas; we got second.
Q: Who are you hearing from?
A: I’ve got letters from Colorado, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin. I’ve also heard from Minnesota, California-Berkley, and Creighton.
Q: Do you have any offers?
A: No, I don’t have any offers.
Q: Have you ever talked with anyone on the Minnesota staff? Or, has it mostly been just letters? I know you attended a game.
A:I went to the Minnesota-Michigan State game, and I talked to all the coaches there.
Q: Have you developed a good relationship with anyone on the Minnesota staff?
A: Not really. I’ve just talked to them at the games and stuff.
Q: Have you thought much about what you’re looking for when making a college decision?
A: It has to have a (good) education, academics, and tradition.
Q: I know it’s very early, but have you thought about what you might want to major in?
A: No, I haven’t really put much thought into that,
Q: Did you have a favorite team growing up?
A: I’ve liked Minnesota a lot. I like Wisconsin, too.
Q: Would it mean a lot to play in-state at Minnesota?
A: Yeah, it would. I have a lot of respect for Minnesota. They have great fans and tradition.
Q: Are you working on anything to improve skill-wise?
A: I’ve been basically working on my strength and agility – running faster and getting stronger.
Q: You’re a baseball player. Are you planning to play baseball for Apple Valley this year?
A: No, I’m just going to stay with basketball and concentrate on that.

Fairly vanilla, but I thought you guys might enjoy it. Also, I have a lot of interviews up with recruits who attended Jr. Days on my football page.

I know he is young, but he did not impress me at the Timberwolves shootout.

THE SCOUT! is impressed! and his 9TH GRADE numbers 11PPG plus 8 boards for THE NUMBER 1 class 4A school in mn plus D1 interest validate THE SCOUT!

THE SCOUT! is impressed! and his 9TH GRADE numbers 11PPG plus 8 boards for THE NUMBER 1 class 4A school in mn plus D1 interest validate THE SCOUT!

Is this guy serious? I am referring to "The Scout", I cannot take you serious when you talk about yourself in the 3rd person on a message board over the internet. Sorry for the off topic rant...

Is the consensus on this kid that he is high major? I just could not see it, he is very slow and unathletic even if he does have a D1 body already. I guess he will get some High major D1 sniffs because of his size but this kid has Evan Anderson written all over him. Big kid that got huge interest because of his size but never developed.

Is this guy serious? I am referring to "The Scout", I cannot take you serious when you talk about yourself in the 3rd person on a message board over the internet. Sorry for the off topic rant...

You aren't alone. It's difficult to take him serious as a human being.

Is the consensus on this kid that he is high major? I just could not see it, he is very slow and unathletic even if he does have a D1 body already. I guess he will get some High major D1 sniffs because of his size but this kid has Evan Anderson written all over him. Big kid that got huge interest because of his size but never developed.

Only if you ask THE SCOUT!, but most regular humans are waiting to see how he develops. Not a lock yet, but he has potential.

Referring to yourself in the third person always reminds me The Jimmy on Seinfeld.

"Jimmy's down!"

I want to see where he is at with his development after Tyus is gone. Remember we got sucked in for the mediocre guy (Miles Tarver) that looked better than what he was while playing with stellar point guard (Jason Kidd) in high school.

Scouts need to exercise foresight, anybody can wait until the kid is a senior and then retrospectively evaluate him. THE SCOUT has expertise in player evaluation and is willing to look forward . The kid is a lock high major recruit not everyone is skilled/experienced enough to pick up on this at such an early stage.

SHAWN BRADLEY GUY is not knocking the kid, SHAWN BRADLEY GUY is just saying that this kid is playing with a once in a generation type point guard. This kid will only be a Junior when Tyus is long gone. We can show interest...but, we can also wait.

Please don't discourage THESCOUT! from talking about himself in the 3rd person. I chuckle every time he refers to himself in the 3rd person.

Ian at 16ppg 11rb pg. for high rated Osseo. ESPN rates him the 23 top center in class of 2014. Compares favorably to most players signed by the Gopher at least as far as ESPN ratings are concerned

Scouts need to exercise foresight, anybody can wait until the kid is a senior and then retrospectively evaluate him. THE SCOUT has expertise in player evaluation and is willing to look forward . The kid is a lock high major recruit not everyone is skilled/experienced enough to pick up on this at such an early stage.

I think your biggest gift is in being unintentionally hilarious (or is it intentional?). Can anyone read these types of posts without laughing?

Top Bottom