All Things Brock Bertram Thread

I really hope Brock works hard on his quickness and explosiveness in the next few years. You can tell he has some basketball skills but if he hopes to play high D1 basketball, it seems to me he needs to dedicate himself to getting in prime shape and becoming a better overall "athlete". If he doesn't, he'll be just another big guy.

tubby smith has offered brock...nice call by scout putting him as major d1 recruit

He'd be a nice fit in Tubby's system at TT. However, from what I've seen of him, he isn't worthy of a Minnesota offer. Very underwhelming for his size, and doesn't stand out amongst his competition. Fellow Pump and Run teammate from 2 years ago (now D1 MN) also told me he wasn't anything special. But... he obviously has an opportunity to improve his game. He would fit in nicely with a slower system at Texas Tech.

Bertram is a solid player and will keep impoving, however he is a limited athlete. I could see him going to Wisconisn, Creighton, Purdue, etc. He doesnt fit the gophers unless he gets himself into great shape and really works on his athletism.

Go Gophers!!

He's got a really weird layup form. I've never really seen anything like it, it looks like it could get blocked quite easily once he hits the next level. He also appears to have a 5 inch vertical, for a 7 footer he can barely dunk. I'd say he is a poor man's EE at this point. /notanexpert

He's got a really weird layup form. I've never really seen anything like it, it looks like it could get blocked quite easily once he hits the next level. He also appears to have a 5 inch vertical, for a 7 footer he can barely dunk. I'd say he is a poor man's EE at this point. /notanexpert

I've seen Brock play a lot. In my opinion EE is better in every single category except strength. I'm sure Brock will succeed somewhere and I hope he does, but I just don't see how he fits with the Gophers system. Will be shocked if Pitino offers.

I've seen Brock play a lot. In my opinion EE is better in every single category except strength. I'm sure Brock will succeed somewhere and I hope he does, but I just don't see how he fits with the Gophers system. Will be shocked if Pitino offers.

Same. To be quite frank, I've seen him matched up against guys 5 inches shorter than him, and he stills struggles to really take advantage of it. I don't mean to criticize him too much, but he's out of shape and isn't really skilled. His 6'11, 265 lb body is what's giving him the chance to go D1.

He's definitely a big time player. As a sophomore he already has a B1G body. I have no idea what type of big Pitino wants. We saw a couple skinny types last spring and others more recently who appeared to be PF's. If he wants a true C, Bertram would be a good one IMO.

A Wisconsin type? Paint dominant type big?

A Wisconsin type? Paint dominant type big?

Bo typically likes bigs who can shoot and that isn't one of Brock's strengths. Not saying he won't play there though. Spends his time on the block and gets most of his points from dump offs and rebound/put backs.

Like that he starts off by showing some dunks. Did Big Mo or EE tapes have dunks in them? If so we need to find the tapes and show them that they can.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lost my tooth in my game today.. &#55357;&#56880;&#55357;&#56873;&#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56876;</p>— Brock bertram (@BertramBrock) <a href="https://twitter.com/BertramBrock/statuses/481618369167122433">June 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I had never heard of Carson Shank, but I like the idea of a young 7-footer walking on. Have you seen?

Mods - please do not allow pulling up old posts that have the word "shank" in them during the summer months. :)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Bertram had 16 points and 13 rebounds. Most offensively off Apple Valley misses. Still growing. 7 footer now. Big but so flat footed. Many rebounds were grabbed due to the opponent lacking size. Dropped some easy passes from Tre Jones. Dropped some rebounds out of bounds. One drop step basket but most of his points were from offense rebound put backs.

Turnover on the double team which lead to a Chaska lay up. I'm not high on him. I think the lack of athleticism will hurt at the college level. He'll have a tough time rebounding against more athletic big guys.

Bertram had 16 points and 13 rebounds. Most offensively off Apple Valley misses. Still growing. 7 footer now. Big but so flat footed. Many rebounds were grabbed due to the opponent lacking size. Dropped some easy passes from Tre Jones. Dropped some rebounds out of bounds. One drop step basket but most of his points were from offense rebound put backs.

Turnover on the double team which lead to a Chaska lay up. I'm not high on him. I think the lack of athleticism will hurt at the college level. He'll have a tough time rebounding against more athletic big guys.

Thanks for the posts.

Sounds like the second coming of Randy Breuer. Better sign the boy up to play at the U so we can win a B1G championship...

If Bertram goes to some mid major place like Northern Iowa or a CSU type team he could have a real nice career. He has a high motor, finishes well. He is a limited athlete, especially where lateral quickness in concerned. He has a lot of Colt in his game.

Top Bottom