Third Period

bleedsmaroonandgold

Reaction score
What a lazy, stupid, and unfocused 20 minutes of hockey. I am almost speechless, but I hope Lucia isn't because this term deserves an entire flight home of screaming after that display.

Agreed. I was at a bar and casually watching it while the band was playing. Every time I looked up at the TV Colorado College kept scoring. I turned away with under a minute left in regulation and WOW, tie game.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!

This team has constant defensive lapses and turn overs. I hope these guys get it under control to make a run later this year...but as it stands right now our defense isn't good enough (consistently) to go anywhere.

This team has constant defensive lapses and turn overs. I hope these guys get it under control to make a run later this year...but as it stands right now our defense isn't good enough (consistently) to go anywhere.

I agree, and I am very surprised that that is the case. Our defense was good enough last year to make a run to the Frozen Four, and we literally returned every single defenseman this year, and they are one year more experienced.

Mike Guentzel is far too good at coaching Defense to have his guys playing this poorly. I gotta think that at some point, there will be a stop to the line shuffling, and rotating Defenseman at Forward, to create some stability on the back line. I think Schmidt and Helgeson have been pretty solid, but the rest of these guys are either making far too many mistakes, or are invisible when they're on the ice. I guess you can look at that in a positive manner (they're not making glaring mistakes), or a negative manner (they're not making plays worth noticing).

And while we're talking Defense, has anyone noticed that Wilcox is getting beat up high a lot, because he goes down too early at times? It's happened the last two weekends. Schwartz beat him high glove side for CC's first goal Saturday, and Sustr from UNO beat him over the shoulder last Saturday with a slapper from a bad angle for UNO's first goal. He's been very good, but obviously there's room for improvement there.

Top Bottom