All Things Tre Jones Recruitment Thread

Looks like the guy recanted on it.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A lot can happen between now and the time he signs but if he has a committable offer I don't see how he doesn't go to Duke, they are a dynasty in the making, Giles just committed for 2016, their 2015 and 2016 classes are both as good or might be better than the 2014 class.

A lot can happen between now and the time he signs but if he has a committable offer I don't see how he doesn't go to Duke, they are a dynasty in the making, Giles just committed for 2016, their 2015 and 2016 classes are both as good or might be better than the 2014 class.

And there full of one and done's. So who knows what will be there in 2018 when Tre is a frosh

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Jones’s brother, sophomore point guard Tre Jones from Apple Valley High School, is being recruited hard by Texas Tech and former Gophers coach Tubby Smith.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Who wouldn't want a trip to Tucson in the middle of February?

per Shama:

Jones’s brother, sophomore point guard Tre Jones from Apple Valley High School, is being recruited hard by Texas Tech and former Gophers coach Tubby Smith.

Go Gophers!!

Tubby is a good man, but I don't think that one ends well for him. Why would an elite recruit from Minnesota with big-time offers choose Lubbock, Tex., as his college destination? Can't see it. The only way that happens is if there's money under the table, and certainly that's not how Tubby operates.

per Youngblood:

Don’t forget about Tre

Jones was in Memphis on Friday, so he wasn’t able to see his brother record the first triple-double in Apple Valley High School history. Tre Jones and Gary Trent Jr. make up a high-powered backcourt for Apple Valley.

Jones did tweet out that he felt his younger brother was the best player in the state. Asked who might turn out to be the best player in school history, he again said Tre.

“He might be, if he keeps on the path he’s going,” he said.

http://www.startribune.com/wolves-jones-to-get-more-minutes-in-coming-weeks/369601831/

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Former Duke point guard Tyus Jones of the Timberwolves, on whether brother Tre Jones, a sophomore point guard at Apple Valley, is favoring Duke, which has offered a tender: “That’s my alma mater, and I obviously would be happy for him if he went there. A lot of people assume he’s going to go to Duke because he’s my younger brother, but he’s his own person, and he has to do what’s best for him and his career.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/05/charley-walters-vikings-facing-big-decisions-this-week/

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Jones’ brother Tre Jones is a sophomore point guard at Apple Valley High School whose college scholarship offers reportedly include Duke, but Tyus said there is no favorite yet. “He’s pretty wide open. His recruiting process is just getting started.”

Go Gophers!!

One-on-One with Tre Jones

Tre Jones has taken visits to three schools “I have taken visits at Duke, Minnesota, and Arizona. I want to play somewhere with a great coach, a beautiful campus, and a rich history. Duke obviously has a great staff and one of the greatest coaches every in Coach K and the atmosphere is great. I have been down to Minnesota a couple of times, for a couple football and basketball games, their crowd is always live they really seem to have a strong fan base. I love Arizona’s campus and they also have a great coaching staff with extremely passionate fans.” Jones said.

Link

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Jadee Jones is the older brother of Apple Valley point guard Tre Jones and also Tyus Jones who plays the same position for the Timberwolves. Tre will be a junior at Apple Valley next season and is regarded as one of the better point guard prospects in the national class of 2018.

Jadee said Tre has shown progress in his game even since Apple Valley’s season ended in March, and he has added about eight pounds to increase his strength. Tre is now 6-2 and about 175 pounds. Jadee said he sees a “noticeable difference” in his brother’s ball handling and physicality this spring.

Tre, however, is inactive for awhile after breaking the thumb on his right hand. He will wear a cast for almost four more weeks.

Go Gophers!!

I doubt it.

He won't be their first priority anymore. Don't get me wrong, Tre's far from a lock, especially if there's a coaching change, but it's a little more realistic now. Coffey was rated higher

He won't be their first priority anymore. Don't get me wrong, Tre's far from a lock, especially if there's a coaching change, but it's a little more realistic now. Coffey was rated higher

Leaving aside that ESPN is the worst of the services, I think he'll still be getting plenty of attention.

Leaving aside that ESPN is the worst of the services, I think he'll still be getting plenty of attention.

Agreed, I like Rivals, Scout and 247 better, but they updated there's today and I was surprised he fell as far as he did, I wouldn't think a thumb injury would be as big of a deal as a knee injury was for Amir. Again he's a top 60 recruit he will get a lot of offers, but schools like Duke and Kentucky pick their recruits like their shopping through a sears catalog, they can have whoever they want.

Tre took a tumble in the ratings, ESPN has him at 54 in their super 60. Still would be a huge get for us, but the bluebloods might end up backing off for the moment. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2018/order/true

Do you think Duke might still pursue him as legacy recruit, since he's Tyus' brother? Sort of like they did with the Plumlees. On Rivals, Mason, the second brother, was the highest rated at #55, 4 stars. Duke was the best offer any of them had, though some of them had offers from Louisville, Georgetown, or Billy Donovan's Florida Gators. So it seems possible they might still want him even if he drops out of the top 50 or 60, especially since I think they're still pretty hard after Gary Trent, so they'd becoming to see his games in Apple Vally. But then Duke's recruiting has been on fire the past few years, so I supposed they could cool on him if he continues to drop.

It is a known fact that Coach K uses 247 ratings to make all of his recruiting decisions.

It is a known fact that Coach K uses 247 ratings to make all of his recruiting decisions.
It's pretty obvious who the best of the best are in any field, he doesn't need a ranking service to tell him that, especially since he's also the czar of USA basketball and has had access to all of the top talent since they were in middle school by running those camps. But hey it's all about those websites isn't it?

Gotta think Tyus playing for the Wolves helps our chances.

One would think so. I sure hope Tyus can keep his summer league mojo going into the regular season and solidify a spot with T-mutts, and hopefully that will impact Tre's decision. I went to AV Hopkins game last year and he has a very nice game.

Top Bottom