All Things Tre Jones Recruitment Thread

Jones is set to announce his college decision sometime tomorrow evening, with a program starting at his school at 5PM. Look for his announcement to come on social media shortly after it's done in person.

This was posted on 247 sports.

This is useful. Thanks for posting.

cant wait til pitino doesn't have to waste his time recruiting jones'... glad he's committing to duke relatively early so we can go hard after zegarowski

More likely to be Hunter than Zegarowski. Zegarowski is rumored to commit soon and he hasn't visited campus yet.

'Afraid he is a goner.

The allure of Duke is too great to pass up on.

But, there is a teeny tiny hope...

Agree. This mindset many of us have is a byproduct of living in Minnesota for many years. Easier to accept sports disappointment when it usually rears its ugly head. On those rare occurrences of success we are thrilled.

By the way, the article a couple weeks ago that said Tre wants to get out of Tyus' shadow. Did he say this, or was this the article writer's opinion? If Tre said that, how could going to Duke further the cause of escaping his brother's shadow?

By the way, the article a couple weeks ago that said Tre wants to get out of Tyus' shadow. Did he say this, or was this the article writer's opinion? If Tre said that, how could going to Duke further the cause of escaping his brother's shadow?

I think that's very interesting if it is indeed true. You also see Tre and Tyus using #WriteYourOwnStory... wonder if that's just a phrase Tyus uses often, or it could be a sign of things to come? I've seen it on both of their Twitters recently

Tyus has had it in his twitter bio since high school and tweets it pretty often. I wouldn't read much into it

Shama chimes in:

One player who likely won’t be in Pitino’s 2018 class is Tre Jones. The Apple Valley High School senior point guard will announce his college choice later today and basketball recruiting authorities will be stunned if he doesn’t select Duke. (Every predictor on 247Sports, for example, says Duke).

The Blue Devils have been on his short list and the successful experience of older brother Tyus Jones at Duke seems like an important factor. Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski might be the best basketball coach on any level in the world and has produced a long list of pros.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

My out-of-the-blue (devil) guess is USC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Confirmed with two people near Jones family it's Duke...nothing to see here so go on with your Sunday as he won't be a Gopher

Officially Duke. Oh well, not surprised.

I wish the kid well but that whole "show" was about as bad as the LeBron decision

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No surprise, was hoping for one though

Not surprised. Can't really blame him, but if he truly wants to get out of Tyus' shadow.... And I'm not even saying the U, so many other great colleges out there.

No offense but I hope he regrets it when we're a Final Four contender while Coach K limps to the finish line

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Tre really decided to get out of his brothers' shadow. :rolleyes:

I would rather have players who will be around for a few years anyway. Hunter would be a great addition.

Not surprised. Can't really blame him, but if he truly wants to get out of Tyus' shadow.... And I'm not even saying the U, so many other great colleges out there.
Yeah if he wanted to go Blue Blood UCLAs stock is higher at the moment imo.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So long, just hope he doesn't someday wind up with the Timberwolves and claim how much he loves Minnesota. Go Gophers...thanks Daniel, Gabe and Jarvis!

Blaze your own trail here for the underdog gophers and bring the gophers a big ten title. Have the state adore you and play with your friends in a brand new facility. Just another 5 star recruit at Duke where anything less than a championship is a disappointment. i would understand if the talent was not here to support him coming here. But the sad thing is he had a supporting cast here to win and provide us all with a fun ride. Good luck at Duke. Kids will be kids. I can forget about dreaming now.

Knew it was coming but still a little disappointing. Don't know if I can think of anything better than for Tre and the almighty dukies to make a trip to US Bank Stadium next year and his buddies Oturu, Thomas, and Kalscheur and the rest of the 18/19 Gophers go ahead and dash his dreams and end the dukies season.

#followyourbrothersstory

Too bad. Oh well, we have tons to be excited about. Let's refocus on all of the great in-state talent we were fortunate to get... and of course IW and JH

Makes me appreciate Coffey all the more. And really, Jarvis Johnson too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Blaze your own trail here for the underdog gophers and bring the gophers a big ten title. Have the state adore you and play with your friends in a brand new facility. Just another 5 star recruit at Duke where anything less than a championship is a disappointment. i would understand if the talent was not here to support him coming here. But the sad thing is he had a supporting cast here to win and provide us all with a fun ride. Good luck at Duke. Kids will be kids. I can forget about dreaming now.

Or blaze your own trail by going to some other school. Duke, for pete's sake. Follower.

He didn't write his own story, he plagiarized his brother's. Tre, all in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Top Bottom