All Things Tre Jones Recruitment Thread

Saw a FB post from a friend who was at the Edina/AV game and said there was a 9th grader from Edina who was on Tyus all night and looked great. No idea who that was, and the poster did not know his name. Take that FWIW.

Walt McGrory. Sister plays at Creighton. He's on Howard Pulley.

pe
• Tre Jones, the eighth-grade brother of star point guard and Duke recruit Tyus Jones, also played in the nationally televised game in Apple Valley last week between the Eagles and Chicago’s Whitney Young High. The word from Apple Valley coaches is that Tre has as promising a basketball future as his brother.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/236486231.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!
the real word is that Tyus was a varsity star in 8th grade not a 1.7 point a game bench warmer. To compare the two is as dumb has having a thread for a kid who is far from a high major level recruit

the real word is that Tyus was a varsity star in 8th grade not a 1.7 point a game bench warmer. To compare the two is as dumb as replying to other commentors in a thread for a kid who is far from a high major level recruit

FIFY!!! :)

the real word is that Tyus was a varsity star in 8th grade not a 1.7 point a game bench warmer. To compare the two is as dumb has having a thread for a kid who is far from a high major level recruit

He'll start next year once his superstar brother is gone.

Ha Ha... like i said tyus 17ppg, plus 8 dimes a game as an 8th grader vs less than 2 for lil bro. no comparison. Better 8th grader playing for Minnehaha

Did Tyus have the #4 senior in the country playing the same position as him when he was in 8th grade? I'm not saying the little brother is going to be as good as Tyus but there's no way they're gonna take Tyus off the court long enough to find out what little brother can do. Comparing 8th grade stats means nothing as it is very doubtful there was that kind of talent on the AV squad when Tyus was in 8th grade.

Did Tyus have the #4 senior in the country playing the same position as him when he was in 8th grade? I'm not saying the little brother is going to be as good as Tyus but there's no way they're gonna take Tyus off the court long enough to find out what little brother can do. Comparing 8th grade stats means nothing as it is very doubtful there was that kind of talent on the AV squad when Tyus was in 8th grade.

I watched Tyus in 8th grade a handful of game, his brother is not even close to the level he was at that young age... can he get there? Maybe, but I'd bet a lot of money he won't.

When Tyus was in 8th grade they had a very good senior PG. There were pretty close in skill if I recall... coach went with the younger guy (something parents give ADs hell about).

I watched Tyus in 8th grade a handful of game, his brother is not even close to the level he was at that young age... can he get there? Maybe, but I'd bet a lot of money he won't.

When Tyus was in 8th grade they had a very good senior PG. There were pretty close in skill if I recall... coach went with the younger guy (something parents give ADs hell about).

I don't remember this. Who are you referring to? If you're talking about the older Sonie kid he was a senior when Tyus was in 7th grade.

Walt McGrory. Sister plays at Creighton. He's on Howard Pulley.

Walt had 19 against Chanhassen, i think as of now he is Edina's best player, as an eighth grader he was Edina's 6th man and Woodward's backup last year on a top 4 team last year, obviously you know that but just pointing that out so others can see, however i feel like he is an early bloomer and will not be an elite player, i could be wrong though

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With Tre Jones in the SPTS, Pulley Black15U was 5-1. Without him, 5-5. That's pretty telling of his impact on a team.</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/497722257926803456">August 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With Tre Jones in the SPTS, Pulley Black15U was 5-1. Without him, 5-5. That's pretty telling of his impact on a team.</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/497722257926803456">August 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Its almost time to start a Tre Jones going to Findlay Prep thread. :cool02:

The NSA looks at this thread to gather their list of potential pedophiles.

So is Tubby offering all of these MN kids early out of spite towards the Gopher program or does he think he actually has a shot with these kids?

So is Tubby offering all of these MN kids early out of spite towards the Gopher program or does he think he actually has a shot with these kids?

I would imagine he's offering these kids because, having been the coach here, he's familiar with them. He recruited Tyus Jones for a long time, so I'm sure he already has some relationship with Tre.

I would imagine he's offering these kids because, having been the coach here, he's familiar with them. He recruited Tyus Jones for a long time, so I'm sure he already has some relationship with Tre.

Esposito has connections at Apple Valley (I believe that is the school system his son was in while they lived here) and as a result, Tech has been first to offer Tre Jones, Bertram, Trent, etc.

Go Gophers!!

All Things Tre Jones Thread

Tubby is a mess. Tre Jones is not a 15 year old worthy of a high major D1 offer, and correct me if I'm wrong but he did not even play much last year.

Does Tubby know what year it is?

Tubby is a mess. Tre Jones is not a 15 year old worthy of a high major D1 offer, and correct me if I'm wrong but he did not even play much last year.

I think he was the 6th to 8th man. He's expected to start at pg this year.

It killed me how Tubby was always late to offer a local prospect when he was here. Now, he can't do it early enough.

If he doesn't develop he can always just stop recruiting him. I'm somewhat surprised by the early offer though too.

If he doesn't develop he can always just stop recruiting him. I'm somewhat surprised by the early offer though too.

If any freshman is going to start at PG for one of the states best basketball teams he is obviously not some average joe. I am not surprised he is getting offers but am suprised he is getting one so early. I think Tre will be a good player, but not as good as Tyus. Along side Matthew Hurt he should be the best MN prospects for the 2018 class.

If any freshman is going to start at PG for one of the states best basketball teams he is obviously not some average joe. I am not surprised he is getting offers but am suprised he is getting one so early. I think Tre will be a good player, but not as good as Tyus. Along side Matthew Hurt he should be the best MN prospects for the 2018 class.

I, too, believe that Trey is going to develop into a high-major recruit. However, he wasn't a 6-8 man on varsity last year, as he only saw the court with the other JV guys in garbage time. He was honestly an above-average JV player last year, but nothing more. Still very impressive considering he is now just a freshman. Too early to tell, but gut tells me he'll develop into a high 3-star/4 star recruit.

First of all the fact that Esposito has connections at AV has no bearing on why he offered these kids first. Any coach is free to offer these kids at any time independent of school connections. AV was at gopher summer team camp combined with watching Trent the Gophers have seen a lot of Brock and Jones . Plenty of opportunities for Pitino to offer. With only 2 Scholarships open for 2016 Brock is not an option for the U as long as Hurt and Coffey in play. Tre is improving at a nice clip North Star Hoops as him number one player in Class of 2018 . We like
Javonni Bickham as the first gopher offer from the class of 2018.

School:
Minnehaha Academy

Class:
Position:
F/C
Height:
6-8
Weight 230
--

First of all the fact that Esposito has connections at AV has no bearing on why he offered these kids first. Any coach is free to offer these kids at any time independent of school connections. AV was at gopher summer team camp combined with watching Trent the Gophers have seen a lot of Brock and Jones . Plenty of opportunities for Pitino to offer. With only 2 Scholarships open for 2016 Brock is not an option for the U as long as Hurt and Coffey in play. Tre is improving at a nice clip North Star Hoops as him number one player in Class of 2018 . We like
Javonni Bickham as the first gopher offer from the class of 2018.

School:
Minnehaha Academy

Class:
Position:
F/C
Height:
6-8
Weight 230
--

Did TBT have a stroke midway through this post?

Top Bottom