Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

You'd think out of all these 5 star recruits coming out of Minnesota at least one of them would want to turn their hometown program into a nationally elite team and become a legend in their home state. Guess I'm wrong. Huh.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GameDay View Post
    You'd think out of all these 5 star recruits coming out of Minnesota at least one of them would want to turn their hometown program into a nationally elite team and become a legend in their home state. Guess I'm wrong. Huh.
    Tre was the only one who had the chance to make them elite. The previous ones might have gotten us over .500 but not much else.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by diegopher View Post
    Tre was the only one who had the chance to make them elite. The previous ones might have gotten us over .500 but not much else.
    You mean Tyus Jr?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, Amir Coffey was a 5 star at one point.

You mean like Joel Pryzbilla and Rick Rickert? And the next one? (And there will be a next one.)

6. Default

Royce White was a 5-star who chose the Gophers. Unfortunately, he didn't subsequently choose to remove his head from his rectum.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    For what it's worth, Amir Coffey was a 5 star at one point.
    I put Tre, Rashad, Tyus, Trent, Hurt and Suggs in that rare top-tier NBA level talent.

Local guys like Amir, Oturu and Reid are in that second tier, but great program builders & impact players and that most likely will give you 4 years. Getting 2 of these 3 ain't shabby.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HOOP DREAMS View Post
    I put Tre, Rashad, Tyus, Trent, Hurt and Suggs in that rare top-tier NBA level talent.

Local guys like Amir, Oturu and Reid are in that second tier, but great program builders & impact players and that most likely will give you 4 years. Getting 2 of these 3 ain't shabby.
    I completely agree. If we have a shot at a great player who is likely to stay 3-4 years, that has to be the preference. Not the same for the blue bloods, but for the U of M it will give them a better shot at sustained success.

Quote Originally Posted by HOOP DREAMS View Post

Judging from Rashad Vaughn's one season an UNLV and subsequent NBA flame out, I'd definitely bump him off that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    Judging from Rashad Vaughn's one season an UNLV and subsequent NBA flame out, I'd definitely bump him off that list.
    Rashard is young still. And he stoill was a first round NBA draft pick.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    Nope. He's definatly on that list.

Consensus 2014 Class 5-star recruit (Scout, Rivals, ESPN)
    Ranked as the;
    No. 8 player by Scout (No. 1 at position)
    No. 8 player by Rivals (No. 2 at position)
    No. 19 player by ESPN (No. 4 at position)
    McDonald's All American
    Last edited by HOOP DREAMS; 08-16-2017 at 08:45 PM.