All Things Tre Jones Recruitment Thread

Per St. Paul Paper, Jones announcing on Sunday.Tre Jones @trejones03
I am blessed to be in this position. I appreciate all the schools that have recruited me. I will be making my college decision on Sunday. ����
11:00 AM - Aug 10, 2017
157 157 Replies 466 466 Retweets 2,541 2,541 likes

Am I the only who gets annoyed by these posts?

For what it's worth on the 247 board Kyle claims that he hard that Tre recently cancelled a visit that was planned for "down the road" to the U. Obviously not a great sign.

It's no different than the posts that have an extremely convoluted explanation as to why Tre will stay.

Tre was always a pie in the sky type of hope.

Hurt on the other hand...we should actually have a legitimate shot of getting.

If I were Tre, I wouldn't go to Duke and be in the shadow of Tyus. At Duke Tyus wins a National Championship and is the MVP of the game, if Tre does anything less he'll be second-rate compared to Tyus. Go any place other than Duke and you can create your own path; go to Duke and you'll forever be in the shadow of your brother.

That said, there were some weird things like Coach Pitino not calling or texting him on his birthday or something like that, which rubbed Tre the wrong way.

Was his birthday during a dead time for recruiting or even a quiet period? There are reasons coaches don't reach out sometimes even when they want to. I don't know anyone involved but if it's a dead period for recruiting and a coach reached out then it would be a violation.

Per St. Paul Paper, Jones announcing on Sunday.Tre Jones @trejones03
I am blessed to be in this position. I appreciate all the schools that have recruited me. I will be making my college decision on Sunday. ����
11:00 AM - Aug 10, 2017
157 157 Replies 466 466 Retweets 2,541 2,541 likes

And none to soon. I hope the world doesn't stop spinning on Sunday during this monumental event. :cheer:

Zero inside information...feels like he's a Gopher.

C'mon Tre, you don't want to pass this up do you? Go Gold!!!
IMG_0035.JPG

If I were Tre, I wouldn't go to Duke and be in the shadow of Tyus. At Duke Tyus wins a National Championship and is the MVP of the game, if Tre does anything less he'll be second-rate compared to Tyus. Go any place other than Duke and you can create your own path; go to Duke and you'll forever be in the shadow of your brother.

Exactly my sentiments. I would think a player as competitive as he is would rather be the guy who helped bring Minnesota it's first NCAA basketball crown rather than the guy who was just another Dukie to win. It's like back in the 50s, if you were the best player in baseball would you rather help the Yankees win or the Washington Senators?

Exactly my sentiments. I would think a player as competitive as he is would rather be the guy who helped bring Minnesota it's first NCAA basketball crown rather than the guy who was just another Dukie to win. It's like back in the 50s, if you were the best player in baseball would you rather help the Yankees win or the Washington Senators?

Why can't he want to go to Duke because that was he & his bro favorite school growing up. Do you think players that go to Duke aren't competitive? Duke hasn't won a ship since his brother. You don't think he will still be celebrated there.

I think he is coming to the U to be with his buddies. He would have more fun here in the long run and have a great college experience.

The Yankees.

I can't believe there's still people on this board that think Tre is coming here

I think there are plenty of reasons to think he might. Brother is across town, and Tre will have access to play with him and other NBA guys whenever he wants, Family here, some of his closest friends all just committed to the U, and he himself states that he wants to write his own story. He very well could go to Duke as most expect, but I think it's fair to say he MIGHT chose the Gophers. And if we don't have a prayer, then what is the point of this thread?

I think there are plenty of reasons to think he might. Brother is across town, and Tre will have access to play with him and other NBA guys whenever he wants, Family here, some of his closest friends all just committed to the U, and he himself states that he wants to write his own story. He very well could go to Duke as most expect, but I think it's fair to say he MIGHT chose the Gophers. And if we don't have a prayer, then what is the point of this thread?

According to all the "insiders", we're screwed. I guess we'll know Sunday. If he were announcing at the Pro Am or AV HS, I'd feel better. But if he announces on Twitter, I give a -52% chance he picks Gophers.

Doubt he's as gutsy as Reid Travis

According to all the "insiders", we're screwed. I guess we'll know Sunday. If he were announcing at the Pro Am or AV HS, I'd feel better. But if he announces on Twitter, I give a -52% chance he picks Gophers.

Doubt he's as gutsy as Reid Travis

Since he's doing it on Sunday, isn't it a given that he's not doing it at any kind of event?

Evan Daniels said that he was told by Sheyer that he was going to Duke. I remember many examples of everyone claiming a kid was going to school at school A and then he chose school B. Diamond Stone was a lock for UW and then he picked Maryland.

If he goes Duke as expected, that makes me that much more excited about Washington for the next four years and whoever follows him. It's a cliche, but it's true: I want who wants to be here and be my fellow alumnus some day.

If he goes Duke as expected, that makes me that much more excited about Washington for the next four years and whoever follows him. It's a cliche, but it's true: I want who wants to be here and be my fellow alumnus some day.

Did Washington play head to head against Tre this summer? Is there a big difference in talent between the two?

Did Washington play head to head against Tre this summer? Is there a big difference in talent between the two?

Washington>>>Tre..... unless Tre shocks the world & picks Minnesota on Sunday, then I'll reconsider my stance.

Tre is a little better than Washington, but Washington is very good too and we are extremely lucky to have him.

Since he's doing it on Sunday, isn't it a given that he's not doing it at any kind of event?

It's not a bad case of reasoning.......doesn't mean he can't pull a press conference on Sunday.

Top Bottom