All Things Tre Jones Recruitment Thread

He didn't write his own story, he plagiarized his brother's. Tre, all in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Just another reason to hate Duke.

For them, anything short of a championship will be a disappointment. Let's hope we can have a hand in that disappointment.

No offense but I hope he regrets it when we're a Final Four contender while Coach K limps to the finish line

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Led by kids from Texas, New York and Georgia

Still miffed that we could have had Duke here for the ACC challenge. I suppose were not worthy for it it but Minnesota players are worthy to go to Duke.

So long, just hope he doesn't someday wind up with the Timberwolves and claim how much he loves Minnesota. Go Gophers...thanks Daniel, Gabe and Jarvis!

You can love your hometown and homestate and go to another school. I love MPLS and went to school elsewhere.

OAN we'll still be really good and I wish Tre the best. He's done a TON for MN basketball even if we're disappointed he's not staying home

Oh well, by all accounts he is a good kid so hard to wish bad things on him like some will for choosing to go elsewhere. Just makes the stepping out of your brothers shadow narrative seem pretty weak when you make a college choice that will put you directly into his shadow. Not surprised he didn't come here, wish he had, but it is what it is.

I will say I appreciate that he decided early, which allows us to focus on someone else. Like Hunter.

Great kid. Wish him all the best. Wanted to see him play here but the chance to go to Duke, play for K and to play in the ACC is really hard to say no too. It is like joining the Yankees or joining your home state team. He had offers the others never had. Hope they all do well.

Wow, the hate that both Tyus and Tre are getting is ridiculous. Grow the f*** up.

Wow, the hate that both Tyus and Tre are getting is ridiculous. Grow the f*** up.

Its just fandom. A tiny percentage of star players stay home. One and done guys almost always go the blue blood route and honestly it makes sense. There's usually playing time, they play for the best coaches that have proven they can prepare guys for the NBA AND win at the same time and all sorts of other things. I'd love for those guys to stay home but to me its also fun seeing MN kids making waves around the country. Shoot watching Tyus rip Wisconsin's heart out was the best moment I've had as a MN sports fan in years.

Great kid. Wish him all the best. Wanted to see him play here but the chance to go to Duke, play for K and to play in the ACC is really hard to say no too. It is like joining the Yankees or joining your home state team. He had offers the others never had. Hope they all do well.

The Yankees are average and have been for some time so that comparison doesn't fly. He was never coming here and that is ok.

It is extremely rare for me to root for Duke, so he will be pretty much meaningless to me.

Coach K is the program and he is SEVENTY (70). Hopefully he chose Duke for the 3 year sociology degree and not the coach.

Blaze your own trail here for the underdog gophers and bring the gophers a big ten title. Have the state adore you and play with your friends in a brand new facility. Just another 5 star recruit at Duke where anything less than a championship is a disappointment. i would understand if the talent was not here to support him coming here. But the sad thing is he had a supporting cast here to win and provide us all with a fun ride. Good luck at Duke. Kids will be kids. I can forget about dreaming now.

Have you thought that he and most other big recruits don't care about college ball? I'm as big of a college basketball fan as there is, but these guys are looking towards their pro career. It makes no sense to go to a school like Minnesota when you can go to a one and done factory like Duke. You are dreaming if you think it was a logical choice for him to come here.

Once we build a program and become contender each year, then you can hate on decisions like this.

It bothers me when I see comments regarding his choice of Duke when people say how can you blame him? If he would have picked Minnesota I would have said the same thing, How can you blame him?

You can love your hometown and homestate and go to another school. I love MPLS and went to school elsewhere.

OAN we'll still be really good and I wish Tre the best. He's done a TON for MN basketball even if we're disappointed he's not staying home

Ok, I'm curious. What has he done for MN basjetball that he didnt do just for himself? Its not Pulley, Chris Carter, Coffey thatactually donated their time for the xevelopment of youth basketball.

I wish the kid well but that whole "show" was about as bad as the LeBron decision

He had a show? Oh lawd

Yawn

Another Minnesota kid I don't care less about. Bad decision for him. Go Gophers!

No offense but I hope he regrets it when we're a Final Four contender while Coach K limps to the finish line

Tre really decided to get out of his brothers' shadow.

I would rather have players who will be around for a few years anyway. Hunter would be a great addition.

So long, just hope he doesn't someday wind up with the Timberwolves and claim how much he loves Minnesota. Go Gophers...thanks Daniel, Gabe and Jarvis!

#followyourbrothersstory

Too bad. Oh well, we have tons to be excited about. Let's refocus on all of the great in-state talent we were fortunate to get... and of course IW and JH

Or blaze your own trail by going to some other school. Duke, for pete's sake. Follower.

He didn't write his own story, he plagiarized his brother's. Tre, all in all you're just another brick in the wall.

For them, anything short of a championship will be a disappointment. Let's hope we can have a hand in that disappointment.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kid had every reason to stay home, and still chose Duke. The argument that it's like going to the Yankees doesn't really fly here, as the Gophers have a quality program with good players and Top 5 potential in the rankings if Tre would have chosen the Gophers. The one and done argument also doesn't matter - the last 2 number 1 overall draft picks were from ****ty programs that didn't even make the NCAA tournament. If you're talented, the NBA scouts will find you.. He's gonna have a really enjoyable senior year at Apple Valley, literally every opposing stadium is going to boo him mercilessly. It was different when Tyus went there. With the whole "follow your own path" garbage as well as the announcement show and everything, I lost a lot of respect for Tre. Kid's a sellout, plain and simple.

Kid had every reason to stay home, and still chose Duke. The argument that it's like going to the Yankees doesn't really fly here, as the Gophers have a quality program with good players and Top 5 potential in the rankings if Tre would have chosen the Gophers. The one and done argument also doesn't matter - the last 2 number 1 overall draft picks were from ****ty programs that didn't even make the NCAA tournament. If you're talented, the NBA scouts will find you.. He's gonna have a really enjoyable senior year at Apple Valley, literally every opposing stadium is going to boo him mercilessly. It was different when Tyus went there. With the whole "follow your own path" garbage as well as the announcement show and everything, I lost a lot of respect for Tre. Kid's a sellout, plain and simple.

Sorry, that wont happen. The entire state of Minnesota isn't as petty as you.

I wish the kid well but that whole "show" was about as bad as the LeBron decision

He had a show? Oh lawd

Yawn

Another Minnesota kid I don't care less about. Bad decision for him. Go Gophers!

I would rather have players who will be around for a few years anyway. Hunter would be a great addition.

#followyourbrothersstory

Too bad. Oh well, we have tons to be excited about. Let's refocus on all of the great in-state talent we were fortunate to get... and of course IW and JH

Or blaze your own trail by going to some other school. Duke, for pete's sake. Follower.

Yes, very hateful? I'm not sure what you were expecting, but obviously folks are disappointed. But hate? We apparently have different opinions of hate.

Sorry, that wont happen. The entire state of Minnesota isn't as petty as you.

Classic self-righteous Minnesotan coming in with the passive-aggressive dig.

Either you've never been to a high school basketball game, or you're oblivious to how student sections behave.

Classic self-righteous Minnesotan coming in with the passive-aggressive dig.

Either you've never been to a high school basketball game, or you're oblivious to how student sections behave.

Sounds like a minnesota micro-aggression to me!

Hate is not the right word here. I would hope nobody "hates" anyone due to sports decisions/events. Maybe dislike is better. I cheer against/dislike every player that plays against my teams. This is normal fan behavior. When it is one of our own home-grown kids, this feeling is magnified for many of us. Again, not unusual. I will never cheer for Tre now that he is a traitor (from a fans perspective, of course). I wish him the best life as a person, but hope his team rots in last place! Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's time for Gophers fans to move on just like Tre did. I have lost interest just as Tre did. So why waste your time on someone that does not want to be a Gopher. Richard will rebound and find another quality player that wants to be a Gopher!

He had a show? Oh lawd

Yawn

#followyourbrothersstory

You think those are mean and offensive. Didn't know there were still snowflakes in August

The Jones family seems like a pretty nice crew. I don't begrudge anyone their choice.
However, only Kentucky and North Carolina top my disgust above Duke so I cannot applaud Tre's decision. Here's to a one and done season where Duke misses the big dance! [emoji41]
Course that's my dream every year so...

It bothers me when I see comments regarding his choice of Duke when people say how can you blame him? If he would have picked Minnesota I would have said the same thing, How can you blame him?

The beauty of being a great player is he got to choose between a number of really good options.

Ok, I'm curious. What has he done for MN basjetball that he didnt do just for himself? Its not Pulley, Chris Carter, Coffey thatactually donated their time for the xevelopment of youth basketball.

Pulley's success the last few years was definitely largely due to him. Obviously Pulley has been successful for a while but he's helped them increase in profile a bit. For a state like MN that's still fighting for respect/recognition in basketball that's a big deal. At least in my opinion.

If he's a sellout so are all the non MN players on our roster. So is every kid that chooses not to stay home which is probably about 85% of college players. This line of thinking is so silly I don't get how grown people truly believe it. I can ALMOST buy it if a kid goes to a direct rival but going halfway across the country to a top program when your hometown team hasn't been to the Sweet 16 in 20 years or officially in what, 30? And some people think kids should be loyal to local fanbases when that fanbase will talk about them like a dog if they don't stay home. That's proof of what most of these kids know: These fans don't care anything about them as people and just want their favorite team to win. That's why they always do what is in their best interests and ignore the thoughts of the fans.

Pulley's success the last few years was definitely largely due to him. Obviously Pulley has been successful for a while but he's helped them increase in profile a bit. For a state like MN that's still fighting for respect/recognition in basketball that's a big deal. At least in my opinion.

I don't think Minnesota is fighting for respect or recognition. A lot of coaches recruit here. Too 10-20 players in a lot of classes in a row. It isn't all Tre and Tyus.

Trent, Suggs, Hurt...plenty of other big recruits.

Anyone who follows high school basketball knows there is a ton of talent here.

Top Bottom