Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Duke message board, different thread, all opinions of course:

Did he just announce on twitter (the above discussed early afternoon video that appeared and quickly disappeared) he's going to UM or was that his team mate?
    And
    Has been taken down now. I think he's going to Minnesota.

Trolling hard today Mac...

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Trolling hard today Mac...
    I know, I really do have to get a real life......

4. Default

Would not be surprised at all if it was Minnesota. Open gym at Hopkins today is all the buzz.

6. Default

It's all from the same poster (dukiegurl) on that site. If that really happened (tre posting the wrong video) are we really to believe dukiegurl was the only one to see it? Cmon...
    THIS IS....GOLDEN....GOPHER.....BASKETBALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherholefan View Post
    It's all from the same poster (dukiegurl) on that site. If that really happened (tre posting the wrong video) are we really to believe dukiegurl was the only one to see it? Cmon...
    Another thread on that board references it.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Another thread on that board references it.
    Again, dukiegurl
    THIS IS....GOLDEN....GOPHER.....BASKETBALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherholefan View Post
    Again, dukiegurl
    I love her.

10. Default

I saw stuff on twitter about it as well. Can't determine if the tweet was from the aforementioned dukiegurl, but it was from a lady with the duke logo as her profile picture. Maybe this dukiegurl is getting us all riled up over nothing, and the video never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by A nonymous View Post
    I saw stuff on twitter about it as well. Can't determine if the tweet was from the aforementioned dukiegurl, but it was from a lady with the duke logo as her profile picture. Maybe this dukiegurl is getting us all riled up over nothing, and the video never existed.
    Maybe Tre dated dukiegurl and jilted her and she is just mad.

Agreed the video by its missing in action status makes all this suspect, but who makes up a story about a Tre to Tyus video? That would take some imagination?

Tre is taking his talents to Raising Canes. Whether it's in Apple Valley or Stadium Village remains to be seen

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by macgopher View Post
    from duke basketball message board recently posted--Could be good news or could be someone messing around:

"There was a video from him on twitter a little bit ago. It was his announcement. Now it's been taken down. In this video he stated he's staying home to play for University of Minnesota."
    It's not real. Duke fans are trolling hard. Nerds trying to get a rise out of anyone else who stands in their way. Yeah... good for them....whatever. He's going to Duke. It's 99.9% for sure. Next up. ...

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    The reason Pitino hit the state hard is because for now there are a fair share of wonderful players, not because they are from the state. That will not be true every class.
    With respect to the talent level coming up through the MN youth ranks, I don't think that's decreasing any time soon. If anything, it's improving. Lots of factors at play. One of them, unfortunately, is that kids who may have focused on football 20 years ago now are focusing on basketball instead. MN sensibilities, the concussion issue, etc. Makes it tough on Gopher football when there are only 3-6 legit P5 prospects in the state each year, and double that in Iowa and Wisconsin.

Obviously Gopher basketball also is in the unique situation of being the only D1 basketball program in the state. I can't think of any other major basketball city where that's true. If the program stabilizes, should get an easy 1-2 very good in-state prospects every year for the foreseeable future.