All Things Tre Jones Recruitment Thread

Duke message board, different thread, all opinions of course:

Did he just announce on twitter (the above discussed early afternoon video that appeared and quickly disappeared) he's going to UM or was that his team mate?
And
Has been taken down now. I think he's going to Minnesota.

Would not be surprised at all if it was Minnesota. Open gym at Hopkins today is all the buzz.

It's all from the same poster (dukiegurl) on that site. If that really happened (tre posting the wrong video) are we really to believe dukiegurl was the only one to see it? Cmon...

It's all from the same poster (dukiegurl) on that site. If that really happened (tre posting the wrong video) are we really to believe dukiegurl was the only one to see it? Cmon...

Another thread on that board references it.

I saw stuff on twitter about it as well. Can't determine if the tweet was from the aforementioned dukiegurl, but it was from a lady with the duke logo as her profile picture. Maybe this dukiegurl is getting us all riled up over nothing, and the video never existed.

I saw stuff on twitter about it as well. Can't determine if the tweet was from the aforementioned dukiegurl, but it was from a lady with the duke logo as her profile picture. Maybe this dukiegurl is getting us all riled up over nothing, and the video never existed.
Maybe Tre dated dukiegurl and jilted her and she is just mad.

Agreed the video by its missing in action status makes all this suspect, but who makes up a story about a Tre to Tyus video? That would take some imagination?

Tre is taking his talents to Raising Canes. Whether it's in Apple Valley or Stadium Village remains to be seen

from duke basketball message board recently posted--Could be good news or could be someone messing around:

"There was a video from him on twitter a little bit ago. It was his announcement. Now it's been taken down. In this video he stated he's staying home to play for University of Minnesota."

It's not real. Duke fans are trolling hard. Nerds trying to get a rise out of anyone else who stands in their way. Yeah... good for them....whatever. He's going to Duke. It's 99.9% for sure. Next up. ...

The reason Pitino hit the state hard is because for now there are a fair share of wonderful players, not because they are from the state. That will not be true every class.

With respect to the talent level coming up through the MN youth ranks, I don't think that's decreasing any time soon. If anything, it's improving. Lots of factors at play. One of them, unfortunately, is that kids who may have focused on football 20 years ago now are focusing on basketball instead. MN sensibilities, the concussion issue, etc. Makes it tough on Gopher football when there are only 3-6 legit P5 prospects in the state each year, and double that in Iowa and Wisconsin.

Obviously Gopher basketball also is in the unique situation of being the only D1 basketball program in the state. I can't think of any other major basketball city where that's true. If the program stabilizes, should get an easy 1-2 very good in-state prospects every year for the foreseeable future.

With respect to the talent level coming up through the MN youth ranks, I don't think that's decreasing any time soon. If anything, it's improving. Lots of factors at play. One of them, unfortunately, is that kids who may have focused on football 20 years ago now are focusing on basketball instead. MN sensibilities, the concussion issue, etc. Makes it tough on Gopher football when there are only 3-6 legit P5 prospects in the state each year, and double that in Iowa and Wisconsin.

Obviously Gopher basketball also is in the unique situation of being the only D1 basketball program in the state. I can't think of any other major basketball city where that's true. If the program stabilizes, should get an easy 1-2 very good in-state prospects every year for the foreseeable future.

Wow

A tweet mentioning the previously mentioned video leak, presumably from dukiegirl. This account has tweeted Duke basketball stuff as far back as March and April, so at the very least it's not an account that was newly created for the purpose of trolling fans with respect to the Tre Jones announcement.

https://twitter.com/kteate01/status/896418642597904384

Friends of his from Hopkins, including former Gophers. Does not mean they know. Just sharing what was said.

I'd feel better if he was announcing from his HS on Monday versus via Twitter tomorrow. I hope the GH server has a backup with all of the hits and refreshes that will take place. I'm warming up my fingers opening 12-ounce beverages this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who was at said open gym? Pulley teammates?

Jones is set to announce his college decision sometime tomorrow evening, with a program starting at his school at 5PM. Look for his announcement to come on social media shortly after it's done in person.

This was posted on 247 sports.

cant wait til pitino doesn't have to waste his time recruiting jones'... glad he's committing to duke relatively early so we can go hard after zegarowski

cant wait til pitino doesn't have to waste his time recruiting jones'... glad he's committing to duke relatively early so we can go hard after zegarowski

There has to be a trigger for his decision this quickly ( he originally said in fall ) either pressure from duke or we have someone that wants to commit and made tre make a decision. Duke has several open spots - we have one - it may be tre wants to let everyone know the spot is open in Minnesota or that he takes that last spot ( pretty sure if we had two open this wouldn't be happening right now.)

'Afraid he is a goner.

The allure of Duke is too great to pass up on.

But, there is a teeny tiny hope...

Top Bottom