All Things Tre Jones Recruitment Thread

I do not know who Tre Jones is. Some sort of Dre Hollins and Tyus Jones mashup? The U's investment in biomedical research is paying off.

6th or 7th grade? Bet he open enrolls somewhere better than AV for basketball.

I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to show up.

he is in 7th grade this year, all those highlights are from his 6th grade year though, I know he plays football and his team won some sorta championship this year

Get this outta here. Are we gonna start posting highlights of 5 year olds dunking on starter hoops?

Why? Tyus didn't. Apple Valley has plenty of talent and if he is as good as Tyus he will be on varsity for 3 years (8th, 9th and 10th) with the 6'10 kid they have (who is currently a freshman). There is no reason to assume he won't go to Apple Valley unless you think Tyus' career has been hampered by not playing for Novak @ Hopkins.

apple valley coach said tre could make varsity next year as an 8th grader, i saw him alot at the EYBL this weekend, he was always hanging out with jahlil okafor, jahlil sprained his ankle so he couldnt play, he was just sitting with tre, and on friday i saw tyus was driving jahlil and tre to and from the tourney

per Shama:

Debbie Jones also said during the telephone interview her son Tre Jones, an eighth grader next school year, hopes to play on the Apple Valley High School varsity team with Tyus.

Tre is a gifted athlete and basketball player like Tyus. Tre is 5-9 and has grown at least five inches since last summer. Debbie is looking into the possibility of Tre joining the Apple Valley varsity and having a memorable experience of playing with Tyus for one season. “I know it would be great,” she said.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Tre is averaging about 3-4 points a game off the bench for one of the HP 15 and under teams. A far cry from 4A varsity. This thread is premature at best and would not exist if he was not the brother of Tyus. Tre maybe gifted but he is not at all like Tyus was in 7th grade. Apple Valley lost only 5 kids from last season and plenty of kids vying for the spots. What will be interesting to see if being Tyus's brother gets him a spot at the end of the bench or if the coach picks the best players

I thought Tre was a football player first and basketball was a secondary sport.

per Shama:

Debbie Jones also said during the telephone interview her son Tre Jones, an eighth grader next school year, hopes to play on the Apple Valley High School varsity team with Tyus.

Tre is a gifted athlete and basketball player like Tyus. Tre is 5-9 and has grown at least five inches since last summer. Debbie is looking into the possibility of Tre joining the Apple Valley varsity and having a memorable experience of playing with Tyus for one season. “I know it would be great,” she said.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!
Feel sorry for that coach.... Here comes Debbieeee!!!!

He's announcing a package deal with one of the kindergarteners from across town.

anyone hear whether he made apple valley team this year

Tre is playing JV unless something changes between now and then

Shooter Now: Tyus isn't only basketball Jones at Apple Valley

Duke-bound Tyus Jones of Apple Valley had a triple-double (15 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists) in his first game of the season last week at Edina, an 85-55 victory. But almost as newsworthy was that Jones' eighth-grade brother, Tre, also a guard, got into the varsity game.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24637287/shooter-now-tyus-isnt-only-basketball-jones-at

Go Gophers!!

Tre didn't really score or do anything real noticeable. He looked pretty good in the JV game, but a star by no means. Tre's good, but I think he ends up at a mid-major school in college. (Indiana State, Wichita State, Lehigh, Creighton, Ohio, etc)

Tre didn't really score or do anything real noticeable. He looked pretty good in the JV game, but a star by no means. Tre's good, but I think he ends up at a mid-major school in college. (Indiana State, Wichita State, Lehigh, Creighton, Ohio, etc)

He isn't even in high school yet...

Shooter Now: Tyus isn't only basketball Jones at Apple Valley

Duke-bound Tyus Jones of Apple Valley had a triple-double (15 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists) in his first game of the season last week at Edina, an 85-55 victory. But almost as newsworthy was that Jones' eighth-grade brother, Tre, also a guard, got into the varsity game.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24637287/shooter-now-tyus-isnt-only-basketball-jones-at

Go Gophers!!

Saw a FB post from a friend who was at the Edina/AV game and said there was a 9th grader from Edina who was on Tyus all night and looked great. No idea who that was, and the poster did not know his name. Take that FWIW.

Top Bottom