Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Common man

Default Common man

Just was saying how bad of a bowl game the gophers are in!!

He Said the stadium will be half full??? Wrong 68,000 people at the game last year and the Bowl averages 63,000!!! Oh and by the way common 40,000 tickets already sold!!! Sure will be half full wont it?

He said no one watches the bowl??? it is the 6th most watched bowl game!! Sure no one watches the bowl game common

He said the gophers wont get much out of the bowl besides 15 practices??? Well common dont you think playing at primetime at 8pm on ESPN and no other bowl games on that night will give the program exposure!! Dont you think playing in Texas will help recruiting in Texas?

the guy is a idiot !!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Play View Post

He Said the stadium will be half full??? Wrong 68,000 people at the game last year and the Bowl averages 63,000!!! Oh and by the way common 40,000 tickets already sold!!! Sure will be half full wont it?

He said no one watches the bowl??? it is the 6th most watched bowl game!! Sure no one watches the bowl game common

He said the gophers wont get much out of the bowl besides 15 practices??? Well common dont you think playing at primetime at 8pm on ESPN and no other bowl games on that night will give the program exposure!! Dont you think playing in Texas will help recruiting in Texas?

the guy is a idiot !!
    So tell him.

3. Default

Common man the jerk man. I have not listened to the guy in over 11 years. Have to say I don't miss it. Last good story I heard about the common man was from a starter at the Pines Golf course. Common was playing by himself on a slow morning. He did so bad on the first hole he went back and played the #1 hole over. Now that's using a mulligan.

One of the great mysteries of the Twin Cities is how this guy remains on the air. Does his dad own the station? I wonder what is the collective IQ is of his audience. He was accused of being a social climber when he married a moron.

Last year's bowl between Texas A&M and Northwestern had a 2.69 rating, good for the 15th-most-watched game:

The teams playing obviously have an effect, as does what it's up against. Last year's game was on a Saturday morning, this year's game is on a Friday night. A better comparison for TV sake would be last year's Insight Bowl, played on Friday night with no other games at the same time. But for sure this year's game has less cache from a name-brand standpoint than Oklahoma-Iowa.
    Last edited by Gopher07; 12-03-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    Common man the jerk man. I have not listened to the guy in over 11 years. Have to say I don't miss it. Last good story I heard about the common man was from a starter at the Pines Golf course. Common was playing by himself on a slow morning. He did so bad on the first hole he went back and played the #1 hole over. Now that's using a mulligan.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that, IMO.

the guy is a idiot !!
    I'm pretty sure that number includes the number of tickets "sold" to each university.
    "what are our wet spots" - Joel Maturi

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I'm pretty sure that number includes the number of tickets "sold" to each university.
    This is right as well. Last year did have a big attendance - over 68,000 - but Texas A&M brought a ton. 2010 Texas Bowl had over 68,000 attendance as well (and a 2.7 rating) but also had a budding RGIII in the game. I would expect, when all's said and done, that we'll be around 50,000 in attendance this year. T. Tech isn't as big a draw, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Gopher07; 12-03-2012 at 01:17 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    Slow Morning + Playing a Round by Yourself = Totally Normal

Those are dumb comments from Common but not as dumb as Paul Allen last week when he said (more than once) the Gophers would not appear in the rankings for at least the next 20 years.

I don't think there is any radio host that I would agree with 100% of the time and as far as the common man is concerned, I'd say I agree with him very little when it comes to the Gophers... in any sport, and he doesn't talk a lot of Gopher sports. However, overall I enjoy the Common Man and I miss the opportunity I used to have to listen to him for an hour or more each day. I rarely get to hear him now. I have found that he is a love/hate personality with little middle ground. I started out just flat out not getting/understanding his show in the early years. But, after time I grew to like him and ultimately got to the point where I felt like I really got what he was all about. From that point forward he became one of if not my favorite local radio personalities.

I do find it funny when someone can throw a local radio personality's name out there on a thread and people always line up to rip on them... regardless of who they are.

Just was saying how bad of a bowl game the gophers are

the guy is a idiot !!
    http://http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8704256/ranking-all-2012-13-bowl-games-best-worst-college-football

I think Common is voicing the majority opinion of the country, not this message board.
    Last edited by Portlandgopher; 12-03-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandgopher View Post

Did i say it was a top 5 bowl???

Did i say it was a top 5 bowl???
    No, you called him an idiot for saying its a bad bowl. It is a bad bowl, it's good for our program but that doesn't mean it's a good bowl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...65--ncaaf.html
    Last edited by Portlandgopher; 12-03-2012 at 02:13 PM.

No you called him an idiot for saying its a bad bowl. It is a bad bowl, it's good for our program but that doesn't mean it's considered a good bowl.

"There is no bad bowl game " quoted by many football guru's. In regards to Common. He cheats at golf. They've had some KFAN golf outing up here in the Brainerd/Nisswa area supposedly headed up by Common. The head pro at Whitefish Golf Course played with him in one of the outings and he basically said: "The guy can't count past par" He is usually on live with KFAN at the Greater Minnesota Golf Show at the Metrodome. A few years ago my wife and I were down there and he was in the booth. I was going to flip him off, but with my wife with me I decided not too. Bottom
    line, a first class p---k who should have stayed on the booze

No you called him an idiot for saying its a bad bowl. It is a bad bowl, it's good for our program but that doesn't mean it's considered a good bowl.

"There is no bad bowl game" quoted by many a football guru. Common, he cheats at golf.Tthe head pro at Whitefish
    Golf Course golfed with him in one of the KFAN golf outings in the Brainerd lakes area. Steve said: " The guy can't count past par" He was hosting one of the KFAN segments at the Greater Minnesota Golf Show at the Metrodome a few years back. I was going to walk up and flip him off, but my wife was with me. He is one first class p---k who should have stayed on the booze

Default Common....

"There is no bad bowl game" quoted by many a football guru. Common, he cheats at golf.Tthe head pro at Whitefish
    Golf Course golfed with him in one of the KFAN golf outings in the Brainerd lakes area. Steve said: " The guy can't count past par" He was hosting one of the KFAN segments at the Greater Minnesota Golf Show at the Metrodome a few years back. I was going to walk up and flip him off, but my wife was with me. He is one first class p---k who should have stayed on the booze

I've been to enough gopher bowl games to confidently agree that the stadium will be half full.

Quote Originally Posted by M&G BUSt View Post
    I've been to enough gopher bowl games to confidently agree that the stadium will be half full.

Oh yea??

That's really not what Common said.

He said that he personally won't watch the game.
    He said the stadium will likely be 1/2 full, but it's good for the players because of the practices and getting the experience of playing in a bowl game. He actually compared it to the basketball team playing in the NIT as good experience.

The only part that could possibly be offensive to a Gopher fan is that he said that he wouldn't watch it, the stadium wouldn't have a ton of people and that it wasn't a big bowl.

No, you called him an idiot for saying its a bad bowl. It is a bad bowl, it's good for our program but that doesn't mean it's a good bowl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...65--ncaaf.html
    Is this common man??