Indiana

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
My god they look good. Totally taking apart North Carolina. Lots of talent there. Looking forward to the game with them this year.

They do look good, that said, I don't think UNC is a top 25 team.

UNC was almost losing by this much at one point to Butler, who was then easily dispatched by Illinois. UNC just looks lost, they lost a lot from last year's squad.

Agreed. This is quite a good team. Bigs, shooters, shot blockers. Total package. Up 30 on UNC now. Wow.

IU will be very hard to beat at home this year. I sense their offense is terrific and Zeller is scarily better than last year, but I still don't think they play great defense as a whole. I don't think IU will like a slower tempo dictated to them. While I despise Duke, they are a team that could give IU trouble. But yes, IU is very impressive.

They do look good, that said, I don't think UNC is a top 25 team.

UNC was almost losing by this much at one point to Butler, who was then easily dispatched by Illinois. UNC just looks lost, they lost a lot from last year's squad.

I was going to say the same thing. Indiana certainly looks like very good team, but I have to question how good North Carolina really is. Their name might keep them in the top 25 longer than they really deserve to be there.

NDSU scored 61 on Indiana
North Carolina scored 59

HA HA!

honestly the PG battle with hollins will be something to watch!

Around the Big Ten...Nebraska laid a slappin' on Wake Forest. They looked like they knew what they were doing and seem talented enough to win some games. I've gone from liking Nebraska to fearing Nebraska. The league schedule is looking to be a meat grinder.

Around the Big Ten...Nebraska laid a slappin' on Wake Forest. They looked like they knew what they were doing and seem talented enough to win some games. I've gone from liking Nebraska to fearing Nebraska. The league schedule is looking to be a meat grinder.

I wouldn't be scared of Nebraska. Wake Forest is a joke of a basketball program at this point.

North Carolina scored 59

HA HA!

No one here gives a rat's ass about NDSU basketball. What are you trying to get at? NDSU is better than North Carolina? You're wrong. Whoever is NDSU's point guard is better than Dre? You're wrong. If you're going to talk about NDSU in relation to Minnesota (the only time ever to talk about NDSU on this board), at least be reasonable.

No one here gives a rat's ass about NDSU basketball. What are you trying to get at? NDSU is better than North Carolina? You're wrong. Whoever is NDSU's point guard is better than Dre? You're wrong. If you're going to talk about NDSU in relation to Minnesota (the only time ever to talk about NDSU on this board), at least be reasonable.

+1

North Carolina scored 59

HA HA!

i love the comparison analogy! obviously ndsu is better than UNC, i actually watched the first half of the indiana/ndsu game and that crowd was electric and it was a packed house with die hard intensity. it was a nationally televised internet game that was almost hd quality! ndsu is just nasty with their 6'7" center and that pg of theirs, i think he had 4 points in the game and looked like an all american talent. if there is one team im worried about its gotta b ndsu, they should be a top 25 team with wins over mayville st and valley city...

i love the comparison analogy! obviously ndsu is better than UNC, i actually watched the first half of the indiana/ndsu game and that crowd was electric and it was a packed house with die hard intensity. it was a nationally televised internet game that was almost hd quality! ndsu is just nasty with their 6'7" center and that pg of theirs, i think he had 4 points in the game and looked like an all american talent. if there is one team im worried about its gotta b ndsu, they should be a top 25 team with wins over mayville st and valley city...

It does look like NDSU won the Progressive Legends Classic with neutral site wins over Youngstown St, Duquesne and James Madison so maybe they are better than we think?

It does look like NDSU won the Progressive Legends Classic with neutral site wins over Youngstown St, Duquesne and James Madison so maybe they are better than we think?

i took my captains to watch a former alum of our high school when ndsu played msum and i wasnt impressed wth ndsu. i was impressed with msum though and ndsu stole that game. i actually hope ndsu wins the summit because a fellow teacher at our school is an sdsu alum and is my 9th grade coach, he think wolters is the 2nd coming of lebron james. sdsu fans are almost on the annoying level as ndsu, ndsu thinks they are going to become a boise st football program while sdsu thinks they are the next gonzaga. always a joy discussing sports with dellusional dakotans!

It is funny because I came in here with the intention of posting about Indiana and then got side tracked with the pointless detour into the Dakota Territory and left. It was at that point where I saw the thread title again and remembered why I opened it in the first place.

I really was impressed with Indiana, regardless of exactly how good NC is this year. They seemed to have a nice mix of shooting, inside/outside play, and a BIG (Zeller) that can run the floor as well as anyone I have seen. I was amazed at how many times he was the first guy down the floor. That looks to be a very tough place to play, once again.

i took my captains to watch a former alum of our high school when ndsu played msum and i wasnt impressed wth ndsu. i was impressed with msum though and ndsu stole that game. i actually hope ndsu wins the summit because a fellow teacher at our school is an sdsu alum and is my 9th grade coach, he think wolters is the 2nd coming of lebron james. sdsu fans are almost on the annoying level as ndsu, ndsu thinks they are going to become a boise st football program while sdsu thinks they are the next gonzaga. always a joy discussing sports with dellusional dakotans!

I cannot follow this corporate mumbo jumbo you just posted.....

I actually went to HS with Wolters, nice kid. He has made a heck of a career for himself considering where he was at in high school and his lack of serious offers from D1 schools. Had he played on a more well-known AAU team I think he might have ended up somewhere else but his production at SDSU is pretty impressive. Not sure what NBA scouts think of him but his name gets tossed around a fair amount on the "top PG" and "top mid-major lists". I would be surprised if he doesn't go overseas and play there for a while, the kid loves the game. I watched him as a 6th-8th grader and he was talented but so awkward, he really worked hard to get to where he is.

With that, yes, Dakotans think highly of their teams. NDSU is a nice football squad but light years away from competing with Boise for that. SDSU could win an NCAA tourney game but they lack depth and size usually. I would like to see Anders Broman and Nate Wolters on the same court with the Dykstra kid who shoots 3's for NDSU...would be a lot of outside shooting but if they got hot would be VERY dangerous. Unfortunately for Broman, Wolters is a senior.

Indiana is very, very good. Watching them dismantle UNC was impressive even though UNC is overrated.

Top Bottom