Official 2013 Class Recruiting Updates Thread

Stan

Reaction score
Some updates from Rivals. We offered JUCO LB Damien Wilson. He says MN will get an official visit and is #1 on his list.

Chicago RB Mikale Wilbon had Gophers at his school this week. He is a 2014 kid.

Eric Carter is still solid on the U. Toledo is still going after him.

RB from Fla. Jacky Marcellus got a visit from Gopher coaches this week. He's considering MN, Cinci, West Va, and Boisie st.

What the heck does soft verbal even mean anymore. pfftt..

What the heck does soft verbal even mean anymore. pfftt..

With the way things are in recruiting these days pretty much any verbal should be viewed as a soft verbal until the player signs on the dotted line.

I think there is a segment of kids who give verbal commitments--soft or otherwise--who simply want to take control of their recruiting to a greater extent and believe an action like this does that.

They should change the terms verbal and soft verbal to reservation as that is what they have become.

@RyanBurnsGI
#Minnesota has offered 2013 Gainsville (Fla.) RB Raphael Webb tonight. His senior highlights can be found here http://www.hudl.com/athlete/909788/highlights/34382394

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Raphael-Webb-124860

@AndrewJBone
#FSU commitment Marquez White taking official visit to #Minnesota this weekend

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marquez-White-137161

Holy crap...check out the offer list for White. How did we get this kid on campus? Connection to a current Gopher or recruit?

Wonder if Stoops heading to Kentucky has anything to do with Marquez deciding to visit the U?

Holy crap...check out the offer list for White. How did we get this kid on campus? Connection to a current Gopher or recruit?

Not sure. Dothan, AL is just north of the Florida panhandle, an area this staff has been hitting hard. I like it.

Wonder if Stoops heading to Kentucky has anything to do with Marquez deciding to visit the U?
Jimbo Fisher's name keeps popping up in too for some of the more high profile job openings.

Chicago RB Mikale Wilbon had Gophers at his school this week. He is a 2014 kid.

Pardon the interruption but is anyone going to comment on this running back out of Chicago?

Pardon the interruption but is anyone going to comment on this running back out of Chicago?

He already has offers from Purdue, Iowa, and Illinois. So I'm guessing he's a long shot. He recently visited Ohio State.

It will be very interesting to see how recruiting ends up.
If we snag any combination of these guys, even one of the higher rated ones i think we should be very pleased.
It was telling in 2010 when Brewster handed out several late schollies to very underrecruited kids things weren't going all that well. Kill on the other hand has found a few solid prospects late. Wells, Thompson, Cockran, Amaefula. Cobb/Foreman to a lesser extent were seen as solid pickups but haven't produced.
We need CB's, WR's, and LB's, hopefully they can find at least one LB and CB that can come in and compete for a starting spot next year.

I like the continued focus on Defensive Players. Most interesting is a FSU DB commit Marquez White is visiting this weekend.

Assuming we have 8 left I can see us adding 2 LB, DL, LB, RB, WR, OL and TE.

Top Bottom