*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-RICHMOND GAME THREAD ***

Stan

Reaction score
Here's hoping we aren't looking to the beaches of Atlantis quite yet. We've got a solid Richmond team to fend off first. Let's get after it early like we've been doing.

This game makes me a little nervous. This is a pretty good team so we better come out, protect the ball and execute.

Now that the Packers got a W, I'm fully focused on this game. Can't wait! (Bart Scott voice)

Andre Hollins vs. Kendall Anthony will be interesting to watch.. Anthony is just 5'8".. Jackson, Tenn. (about 1.5 hrs from Memphis, I believe) kid, also class of 2011. Their respective high schools had different classifications, but Anthony was a finalist for Mr. Basketball in his class (whereas Andre won the award in his better Class AAA)

I think we can stop the final four talk for awhile.

What did I say last time? They had 19 turnovers vs. Mid-Eastern Tennessee State. That is a joke.

Im sorry but get osenieks and ingram off the court NOW

Is anyone else getting only the video feed on BTN? I get no sound for the game...only the commercials. This happened 2 games ago also.

STOP TURNING THE BALL OVER SO MANY BAD PASSES

This idea of a "high-low" game plan doesn't work when you're big guys can't pass.

Wow, a bad 15 minutes and everyone on here sounds like they gave up on this season... Lots of time left

Im sorry but get osenieks and ingram off the court NOW

Osenieks is so bad I can't even fathom it! There is nothing in his game that benefits the team when he is playing. He is weak, abad defender, bad shooter, turns it over a lot, and doesn't bring energy to the court. No reason for him to get PT in any situation.

I thought the sky is falling talk would take a little longer than 10 minutes into the game.

I personally love how violently Rodney and Trevor attack the rim. It really gets the crowd going.

This is one lousy half of basketball but Tubby should drop the idea that this team has a dozen B1G caliber players. They really have 7- Rodney, Mbakwe, Andre, Austin, Welch, Walker, and Coleman. The rest of them are mediocre and should have very limited playing time. The idea that EE should start ahead of Mbakwe is laughable. Osenieks and Ingram were turnover factories in particular. I understand the morale aspect of giving these players some time but not against quality teams.

Trevor seems to be more active this game than the first 3. That's a good sign with Atlantis coming next week.

I'm pretty satisfied with a lead at half after all of those turnovers.

Love the lineup they had going out there of the Hollins', Coleman, Williams, and Mbakwe! That should be the starting 5 for the rest of the season! They should get the majority of the playing time in most games. Don't like the wholesale substitutions at the beginning of the games however!

This i one lousy half of basketball but Tubby should drop the idea that this team has a dozen B1G caliber players. They really have 7- Rodney, Mbakwe, Andre, Austin, Welch, Walker, and Coleman. The rest of them are mediocre and should have very limited playing time. The idea that EE should start ahead of Mbakwe is laughable. Osenieks and Ingram were turnover factories in particular. I understand the morale aspect of giving these player some time but not against quality teams.

I agree with Oto being a turnover factory, but Ingram has done fine in most other games. Seems like a decent player.

Just wondering where the folks who think the Gophers don't need a half-court offense are at the moment? <crickets>

Since I know people here are watching the game, I will point out the obvious fact that the Gophers are getting caught standing, watching the ballhandler on offense. In so doing the Gophers are easy to guard. We need to be thankful that MN is clearly more athletic than Richmond because the athleticism is the only thing keeping MN in the game at this point.

I'm hoping that Tubby will get in at halftime and make offensive adjustments for more movement, screens and cuts away from the ball, but who am I kidding... We haven't seen Tubby make that adjustment in all the years he's been at MN so we can't expect it now. Here's to hoping our clear athletic advantage is enough to get the win.

Truthfully, I think it will be enough and the Gophers will end up winning by about 10.

Just wondering where the folks who think the Gophers don't need a half-court offense are at the moment? <crickets>

Since I know people here are watching the game, I will point out the obvious fact that the Gophers are getting caught standing, watching the ballhandler on offense. In so doing the Gophers are easy to guard. We need to be thankful that MN is clearly more athletic than Richmond because the athleticism is the only thing keeping MN in the game at this point.

Agreed, the offense is pretty stagnant, but then again, that's the typical Tubby Smith offense. Stand around the perimeter until the shot clock runs around and then throw something up. n

Top Bottom