Bucket List....Minnesota football game

Howbs

Reaction score
My family and I are planning a trip to Minnesota for the Purdue game on Oct 27. Minnesota is one of only two Big Ten campuses where I have yet to see Purdue play (Nebraska being the other) and I'm psyched to see your stadium and campus. Typically I take a beer-drinking buddy on my road trips and we scalp a couple of tickets at the last minute and enjoy a pretty carefree weekend.

However, this is a family trip and my wife and daughters are not fond of the "fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants" technique and have threatened to take me to the Mall of America if we don't have tickets in advance.

We're looking for 4 tickets. Typically how hard is it to scalp tickets on gameday? Experience has taught me that Purdue is usually not a big draw on the road (unfortunate but true) and if you wait long enough tickets are generally available at decent prices.

Any thoughts or advice?

There are tickets still available through the U of M ticket office, otherwise Stubhub is a fine option. There will be a few scalpers out there on gameday as well, I just don't know what they typically charge before the games.

Enjoy your trip here and hopefully you have a great time!

https://www.mygophersports.com/Online/mapSelect.asp

Stubhub is always an option but one I try to avoid due to the pricing.

What day are you getting in? You could always check Craigslist the week leading up to the game. I'm guessing you could find 4 tix and maybe even a parking pass. I've personally never purchased from scalpers for a U football, so not sure what a typical price would be.

Ive seen gophers at wisc, iowa, penn state, northwestern

but my bucket list is Ohio state or michigan!

non-conf at Florida State

We're coming in Friday afternoon. I hadn't thought of Craigslist, might be worth looking into. Appreciate the tip.

The trip to Penn St. was my favorite. Beautiful stadium and campus and the fans were so friendly and inviting. I ended up staying in a campground 7 miles from campus- spent two nights in a tent sleeping in the snow. For some folks that might seem horrible, but I thought it added to the adventure.

Michigan is a nice campus. If you make the trip try to tailgate on the golf course, it's not far from the stadium and filled with friendly fans. The Big House is cramped though. I'm 0-3 up there but have always had a great time.

Ohio St. has a state of the art facility, very impressive. Unfortunately there was nowhere to tailgate. I ended up parking at a gas station far from the stadium and cooked brats on my grill ten feet from a gas pump. I don't want to stereotype but the fans I ran into were extremely arrogant.

Top Bottom