So You Know (GopherHole's Sports Huddle Summary Delayed).

DL65

Reaction score
Later this morning, my wife and I will be meeting with our children and grandchildren to celebrate my wife's birthday.

Nevertheless, before our departure to Des Moines, I'll be listening and taking notes during coach Kill's segment on 'CCOs The Sports Huddle. The weekly summary will be transcribed and posted on GopherHole later this afternoon.

Go Gophers!!

DL, please realize the lots of us will wait in breathless anticipation for your summary.

You do a great job, and thanks for all of your summaries.

I feel bad that you must travel to Floyd's new but temporary home. Tell your wife "Happy Birthday" from all us Gopherholers.

Go Gophers!

My day will not be complete until the DL summary comes out....and I'm serious about that.

My day will not be complete until the DL summary comes out....and I'm serious about that.

The only thing you are serious about is the continuous, never ending cat fight with station19, or whatever you call him today. I'm serious about that. :)

Later this morning, my wife and I will be meeting with our children and grandchildren to celebrate my wife's birthday.

Nevertheless, before our departure to Des Moines, I'll be listening and taking notes during coach Kill's segment on 'CCOs The Sports Huddle. The weekly summary will be transcribed and posted on GopherHole later this afternoon.

Go Gophers!!

Here's to a Happy and Heavenly Birthday to Mrs.DL! :drink:

DL. . . you're fired!

Jk...have a great day! I look forward to reading your summary when you get back.

DL is a good man and a class act. I was looking for the thread where it stated you went to Moorhead State, which I knew from previous posts and that's also where my oldest daughter attended. I did NOT know you went to Brown. DL, where was Brown when you attended? I went to the one on Lake St back in 1980.

You have a good coach in coach Kill. It takes a few years and some continuity in staff to turn things around.

DL is a good man and a class act. I was looking for the thread where it stated you went to Moorhead State, which I knew from previous posts and that's also where my oldest daughter attended. I did NOT know you went to Brown. DL, where was Brown when you attended? I went to the one on Lake St back in 1980.

You have a good coach in coach Kill. It takes a few years and some continuity in staff to turn things around.

HawkinMN, Thank you for your gracious comments and for posting. Brown Institute was on East Lake Street when I attended the broadcast school in 1972-73.

I agree with your assessment of coach Kill and the time it takes to turn a program around. I'm excited about this season and the remaining seven games, however, next year should be really exciting - a lot of young players (freshmen and redshirt freshmen are seeing the field) are experiencing growing pains now but the current rough periods will prove to be beneficial in the future. The third year after a coaching change seems to be the bell weather year. in any case, that was the way in went for Iowa, i.e., Hayden and Kirk. And Kill's previous coaching stops showed the same pattern.

As I said above, it's good hearing from you, again. I'm interested in seeing how the Hawks respond in a couple weeks when they travel to East Lansing. The Spartans have a very good defense but they've been struggling on offense. Road games in the Big Ten can be difficult, as we know all too well. After having four consecutive home games it'll be a change for the Hawks.

Go Gophers!!

DL, good to hear you are well. Brown was on E. Lake when I was there. I'm certain I drank too much at the old Poodle club back in 1980 when I attended. Yes, it take a few years to get a program moving in right direction. Kirk won one game his first, three the second, then eight in his third year when they went to a bowl. We all know what happened in 02. I do love college ball, much more than the NFL.

Top Bottom