Bad IA Team? I don't think so....

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
I think Iowa's two losses have left many thinking that IA is down...I don't think so. IA is just young and riddled with injuries and transfers at a very important position (RB)...plus they have a new OC and a new passing scheme.

If you look at their two losses, they were both very winnable and kind of a fluke that they lost them. If Weisman doesn't drop a pass in the end zone and they recover the onside kick they win both games. Are they as good as the last couple of years...maybe not, with the loss of their 4 running backs...but they have their O-line, their QB and the #1 tackling LB in the Big Ten back.

I think most on this board underestimated IA because of those two losses...we are a young team on the road with our back up QB starting as a true SO...not overly surprised at the outcome.

Agree. And I still think the Gophers win 2-3 Big Ten games and go bowling, which is a huge improvement. Sure we all would have loved 9-10 wins this year, but turnarounds of 6+ games are pretty rare in 1 year.

We got beat today by an Iowa team that played well all around, and stuck it to us.

Welcome to the Big Ten.

I think many are simply disappointed with the mistakes displayed in the first half. Deep down, I don't think anyone was expecting 9 wins.

Iowa will finish about 6-6....blah

our offensive and defensive lines are subpar by big 10 standards yet so it will be tough

and i'm sorry....this looked like iowa's super bowl today and we looked to be in a fog.....that disappointed me some but we still have miles to go

NW is huge

This was definitely a "trap game" in my opinion. One team is playing well and having lots of confidence. The other just came off a disappointing loss.

Football is such a game of momentum. That first interception and miss open pass to Crawford-Tufts were huge.

I think many are simply disappointed with the mistakes displayed in the first half. Deep down, I don't think anyone was expecting 9 wins.

Yep. Thought we should win-which we should have. Even with a win today, I never expected more than 7 wins. 6 realistic, 7 fantastic. Iowa is an alright team. Not that good, not that bad. I only see (maybe) one or two other teams on Iowa's level left on the schedule. Everyone else is better imo. We could use another Illinois meltdown by the time we get to their place.

Iowa is not a good team and we are worse. Central Michigan lost today and Northern Iowa was down two touchdowns to NDSU. Let's stop drinking the Kill Aid. We are what we are and that's all we will ever be.

Iowa is not a good team and we are worse. Central Michigan lost today and Northern Iowa was down two touchdowns to NDSU. Let's stop drinking the Kill Aid. We are what we are and that's all we will ever be.

Iowa is a Big Ten team. They were a bad match up for us. Look at Wisconsin tonight. They were terrible for the first month and now they are going neck and neck with Nebraska.

My biggest pet peeve in all of sports is people who say "we" when talking about a team that they aren't a part of. However, the new king of the hill for me might be people who still say "we" after throwing their little hissy fit and declaring that they are giving up their season tickets. Maybe you should have followed through after you posted that you were giving up your season tickets after the Michigan game last year. This loss would have been a lot easier for you to take.

Iowa is a Big Ten team. They were a bad match up for us. Look at Wisconsin tonight. They were terrible for the first month and now they are going neck and neck with Nebraska.

I agree. It's not as simple as A beat B and B beat C, so A should beat C. This is B1G football in a weird season, anyone can beat anyone.

So what you are saying is the whole B1G is a bad match up for the Gophers.

Central Michigan lost to a team Iowa beat, so not sure what you're getting at.

Iowa was coming off a big upset loss. All week they were constantly reminded of how they have been upset by their upcoming rival for the last two years. They had 0 or 4 trophies in their possession. They actually do have a very good running back, he's proven himself to be the real deal even if he used to be fifth string. Iowa played decent defense and their RB ran well and had some big holes opened for him on the offensive side. The Gophers made bad decisions on special teams and offense and bit hard on a trick play. That being said the Hawks are only an average Division 1 team at best, but they did outplay the Gophers today. And I don't think the Gophers 'quit', they stoned the Hawkeye offense in the second half and eventually got some offense going. The first half disaster was just too much to overcome.

Your biggest pet peeve, wow.

This coming from a guy who just posted this after being missing form this board since January:

This is the least of their problems. OL very disappointing. I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years. But I'm done. This is not a knee jerk reaction. I've been thinking about it for awhile. It is never going to get any better. It is what it is. We are losing to a terrible Iowa team that we beat the last two years when we had supposedly worse teams. I'm done getting excited only to be let down over and over. I'll spend my money on something else.

By the way, we beat Illinois last year who beat Arizona St who beat Missouri who beat Iowa St. who beat Oklahoma St so that means we were better than the #3 team last year.

Your biggest pet peeve, wow.
I was wrong. My biggest pet peeve is season ticket holders who sell their tickets. I mean, I don't make a lot of money, but season tickets are a priority.

Boy, would I look stupid if I went on a rant about how season tickets were a priority and then I threw two tantrums about giving up my season tickets. Man, would I look like a dullard.

I was wrong. My biggest pet peeve is season ticket holders who sell their tickets. I mean, I don't make a lot of money, but season tickets are a priority.

Boy, would I look stupid if I went on a rant about how season tickets were a priority and then I threw two tantrums about giving up my season tickets. Man, would I look like a dullard.

Are you sure now? Maybe there is another pet peeve you forgot about. I think you are easily irritated.

Top Bottom