Overconfidence?

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Of 113 posters here only 13 picked Iowa, yet everything pointed to an Iowa victory: Hawks smarting over last week's loss to a MAC team, bad-mouthing of their program nationally; coaches striving to avoid a third straight loss to Gophers; Weisman coming on strong; Gophers top QB hurt; Gophers getting too much hype for the 4-0; home crowd wanting blood, etc.

I don't think it was all overconfidence, but a case of trying to have faith in our team.

How many of the players and coaches made a pick in that thread?

difference between a pick on a fan board and me wagering $1,000 bucks on game.

The moment Central Michigan's game-winning field goal cleared the uprights, I had us picked to lose.

Not proud to admit it!

They weren't going to lose three home games before October.

Anyone see the stat in the MSU game? Jerry Kill has the most career wins of any coach in the Big Ten. I must confess, I didn't know that...

You can throw out 95% of the picks on this board. It's not like it was just a bunch of delusional homers here that thought the Gophers were going to win. Both ESPN bloggers went with Minn. So did both BTN guys. Jerry Palm at CBS had the Gophers as his upset of the week. The Gophers came out flat, made costly mistake after costly mistake and they aren't the kind of team that can run somebody down once they're down by three scores. Iowa capitalized on mistakes and there's your ballgame.

This is a young team that is still learning what it takes to win in the big ten week in and week out. They didn't give a consistent effort today because they thought they were the better team. No one in the Big Ten is a sure win and no one is gonna give up. They've gotta go out and bust their ass every single play of every single game. Add that killer instinct to an increase in talent, that's when this team will take a real jump forward.

Top Bottom