Other games thread 9/29

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Decided I really should leave the Baylor v WVU updates out of the gameday thread. If you aren't watching now, game is on FX and has been great so far.

Northwestern up 20-0 on IU at halftime. Not sure we have any chance against them either. A well-rested 5-0 bunch coming to TCF. No good.

The reviewed play was a Baylor touchdown to tie the game 35-35 with 2 seconds left in the first half. Neither team appears to have any defense which means WVU doesn't deserve their ranking...

"Who *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing cares? Every week you give updates during the Gopher game because you are obviously watching other games."

Plus frickin' 1. No one cares.

Geno Smith, WVU B, 26-28 for 288 yards and 4 tds in first half. Word on the street says he's top dog on Heisman Chart right now...

"Who *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing cares? Every week you give updates during the Gopher game because you are obviously watching other games."

Dog, I'm doing my best not to melt down. If we suck, at least there are games on worth watching. Feel free to keep melting down, but that's for a different thread...

Geno Smith just threw his 8th TD pass. Damn.

Geno Smith had a Hesiman Day. Something like 600 yards and 8 tds. And they had to hold on 70-63. Amazing offense, no defense and Alabama would beat them by 20+.

Here's the line

45-51 for 656 yards and 8 Td's. And they won by 7. Amazing

Michigan St looks like they just don't have enough to get by Ohio St. A missed field goal is about to cost them the game...

I like Georgia this year. If they can somehow upset Alabama in the SEC Championship game, they may very well be national champions. Could be that game will get played twice, once for the SEC and once for the National Title...

Georgia still needs to play South Carolina, but after that I don't see a game they will lose.

Anyone who gets the CBS college sports network, make sure to turn it there and see the monsoon in S. Mississippi.

If only the title of the thread indicated it was a discussion of other games. The title should have been something like "Other games thread 9/29", then people would have known that it was about other games.

Wow that was a dominating defensive line on that crucial 4th down.

For Ball to get hit behind the line of scrimmage on 4th down is amazing.

Great 2nd half and finish.

Go Gophers!!

Ball has averaged 3.8, 4.1, 3.8, 4.4, and 2.8 yards a carry in their 5 games this year. Only once last year did he average under 5 yards a carry in a game. Think he's regretting his decision yet?

@TMbakwe32: Well I guess I feel a little better now that Wisconsin lost.

Go Gophers!!

Oregon is having trouble with Washington St. in the first half. 23-19 Oregon with Washington St. in Oregon territory.

Ball has averaged 3.8, 4.1, 3.8, 4.4, and 2.8 yards a carry in their 5 games this year. Only once last year did he average under 5 yards a carry in a game. Think he's regretting his decision yet?

I had the exact same thought as I watched the end of last night's Badger game. Was last year's Wisconsin O-line that good?

Great play on the 4th and 1 for the Cornhuskers. Couldn't believe that one ref signaled first down and had the chains moved when the Badgers were clearly a yard short. As great as the play was, my guess everyone in the stadium knew Ball was getting the nut. QB sneak may have been the better call.

I had the exact same thought as I watched the end of last night's Badger game. Was last year's Wisconsin O-line that good?

Great play on the 4th and 1 for the Cornhuskers. Couldn't believe that one ref signaled first down and had the chains moved when the Badgers were clearly a yard short. As great as the play was, my guess everyone in the stadium knew Ball was getting the nut. QB sneak may have been the better call.

It came out after the game that it was supposed to b a naked bootleg but O'Brien screwed up which is why Ball didn't even try to take the handoff.

It came out after the game that it was supposed to b a naked bootleg but O'Brien screwed up which is why Ball didn't even try to take the handoff.

Thanks. I saw Bielema was all over him when he hit the sidelines. Talk about the grad school transfer experiment doing a 180.

Top Bottom