Official Melt Down Thread

We are who we (or who I) thought we were at the beginning of the season. It was fun to think we could be something more but this is certainly a reality check.

I'm shocked at how bad they are playing. I am most shocked in that it seemed like we quit. However, I am not surprised that this was a much tougher game than we thought. I had my doubts at our ability to run on them without Gray and my doubts on our ability to stop them from running. That's a bad recipe.

I'm shocked at how bad they are playing. I am most shocked in that it seemed like we quit. However, I am not surprised that this was a much tougher game than we thought. I had my doubts at our ability to run on them without Gray and my doubts on our ability to stop them from running. That's a bad recipe.
Yup. I thought this would be a difficult game for us to win, but this is humiliating. Just like last year, the players look like they'd rather be home playing Xbox.

I like Kill, but this one is on him (and the Coordinators). Everyone knew Iowa was desperate, and this is a Rivalry game. The team was not prepared to play, and our play calling was very suspect. The Chippewas put up 32 at Kinnick last week. There is no excuse for not being competitive at all. Sure, lose the game, but don't look like a high school team in the process.

linebackers arent good! cant stay in gaps or tackle.

This is the least of their problems. OL very disappointing. I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years. But I'm done. This is not a knee jerk reaction. I've been thinking about it for awhile. It is never going to get any better. It is what it is. We are losing to a terrible Iowa team that we beat the last two years when we had supposedly worse teams. I'm done getting excited only to be let down over and over. I'll spend my money on something else.

I like Kill, but this one is on him (and the Coordinators). Everyone knew Iowa was desperate, and this is a Rivalry game. The team was not prepared to play, and our play calling was very suspect. The Chippewas put up 32 at Kinnick last week. There is no excuse for not being competitive at all. Sure, lose the game, but don't look like a high school team in the process.

couldnt agree more. kill and company look like they dont know what to do. keeps getting uglier

Shortell has not been good.

In 6 big ten quarters on the road he is behind 82-0.

Not all on him, but convert some of those 3rd downs or hit one of those deep balls and its a different game .

This is the least of their problems. OL very disappointing. I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years. But I'm done. This is not a knee jerk reaction. I've been thinking about it for awhile. It is never going to get any better. It is what it is. We are losing to a terrible Iowa team that we beat the last two years when we had supposedly worse teams. I'm done getting excited only to be let down over and over. I'll spend my money on something else.

dline is doing a decent job of standing their ground, linebackers are why we are losing. they arent getting mashed together because they arent staying in theit gaps causing the secondary to come up early and iowa is taking advantage of that with play action...so the linebackers are the sole problem right now

Is declaring that you're done as a season ticket holder an annual event??? You did it last year too.

The program still has a kong way to go but not being competitive on the road in a conference game is something we have seen too many times over the years. The question will be is if Kill and his staff can actually build a defense. The building of a solid year after year defense should allow you to be competitve the majority of time. This program has not been able to build a quality defense for a long time.

dline is doing a decent job of standing their ground, linebackers are why we are losing. they arent getting mashed together because they arent staying in theit gaps causing the secondary to come up early and iowa is taking advantage of that with play action...so the linebackers are the sole problem right now
Our linebackers are really bad, but the d-line is getting pushed around too.

The second half will be a real test for Kill and co. We need to, at the least, keep it even in the second half. Show some damn pride.

Let's not overreact to one game. Yes, this performance is terrible. We knew our run defense was suspect after Western Mich did what they did to us so combine that with playing on the road with our backup QB and injuries all across the Oline, you have a recipe for a major let down. Combine that with Iowa coming off a terrible loss and having that extra motivation due to what happened at TCF the last couple years and you knew they would be ready to play.

It sucks to see our team get their poop knocked in, but lets not put the entire season on this one game. We have already improved last years win total and its only September! Things are on the up and up, believe me.

Hockey starts this week!

Girl's started their title defense yeterday with a 7-0 win. Good luck to lady pucksters and new superstar Hannah Brandt.

Volleyball team, under new superstar coach Hugh McCutcheon (sp?), started the Big Ten season 3-0 with 2 of those over top 25 teams, is ranked 9th nationally and gets a chance at Penn St tonight who I believe we last beat in 1895.

Baylor v West Virginia, 28-28 at half. Looks like a strong possibility for a second half watch...

The program still has a kong way to go but not being competitive on the road in a conference game is something we have seen too many times over the years. The question will be is if Kill and his staff can actually build a defense. The building of a solid year after year defense should allow you to be competitve the majority of time. This program has not been able to build a quality defense for a long time.

offense has yet to move the ball, we started the game down 3-0 but our offense hasnt helped the defense at all today

Let's not overreact to one game. Yes, this performance is terrible. We knew our run defense was suspect after Western Mich did what they did to us so combine that with playing on the road with our backup QB and injuries all across the Oline, you have a recipe for a major let down. Combine that with Iowa coming off a terrible loss and having that extra motivation due to what happened at TCF the last couple years and you knew they would be ready to play.

It sucks to see our team get their poop knocked in, but lets not put the entire season on this one game. We have already improved last years win total and its only September! Things are on the up and up, believe me.

if we arent cometitive vs one of our biggest rivals when iowa is on the way down and we are on the way up, when do we overreact?

4-0 NC start don't mean squat if you can't win in the BIG TEN!

We will have two weeks to stew over this game. We'll see how the young team handles that..

if we arent cometitive vs one of our biggest rivals when iowa is on the way down and we are on the way up, when do we overreact?

We were pretty far down and it's quite a long way up for us so maybe it's not a completely far fetched result?

+1 Thank you for being rational.

I really felt this would be a game we needed Gray. Our defense just can't hold up to three and outs on every series.

Top Bottom