Cyclone hits Gopherland

Haverhill

Reaction score
I had a great time at the Minnesota/Syracuse game this weekend. It was awesome to see fans embracing this team (just as my fellow Cyclone fans are embracing ours at 3-0) despite having lackluster performances in years' past. The fact that the Gophers held Syracuse to 10 (lets be honest, held them to 3 until it didn't matter anymore) with that quarterback is a huge testament to how strong of a defense the Gophers possess currently. You guys have an absolute gem of a stadium and recruiting can only go up from here. Good days are ahead for this program. Thanks for making my Cyclone bye-week a fun-filled football weekend in the Twin Cities.

Go Clones!
Go Gophers!

Oh. P.S. Please keep your "We hate Iowa" threads directed towards hatred of the University of Iowa. There are plenty of Iowans (Cyclones) who are cheering very hard for the Gophers to swing down from the Twin Cities and keep Floyd of Rosedale where he belongs.

Thanks Cyclone man. I would love to get down to a game at Ames sometime. Saturday football is the best football.

What a relief, glad to read that late touchdown and subsequent insignificant onside kick"didn't matter".:)

Can someone tell me why we don't have an annual game against Iowa State? We played them annually a 100 years ago, but no longer do. I think it would be a good rival for both teams.

Can someone tell me why we don't have an annual game against Iowa State? We played them annually a 100 years ago, but no longer do. I think it would be a good rival for both teams.

IIRC, it's because Iowa State already has an annual matchup with Iowa and they'd prefer not to play two B1G opponents each season. Considering Ames is the closest D-1 campus to ours, it would be nice.

Yes but they have chosen to play the likes of West Virginia, Rutgers, Utah and Army as well as Iowa. Me thinks there would be room for the Gophers with that bunch.

I see where they will be playing N. Iowa frequently as well as Iowa down the road.

Yes but they have chosen to play the likes of West Virginia, Rutgers, Utah and Army as well as Iowa. Me thinks there would be room for the Gophers with that bunch.

I see where they will be playing N. Iowa frequently as well as Iowa down the road.

Uhh.. They don't choose to play WV.. That's a conference game.

A series with Minnesota would be awesome but unlikely. The strength of the Big 12 means the Cyclones should try to have as easy as a non-conference schedule as possible. The biggest negative about realignment is the island ISU is now on; roadtrips to Lincoln and Columbia are suddenly out of the picture. It'll never happen, but geographically, we know which conference ISU would be a better fit. The lack of history and tradition along with the market already being covered by the Hawks is why we will never be in the Big Ten.

Top Bottom