Iowa City Roll Call

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
Mrs. GoGophersRah and I will be going for the 4th consecutive road trip to Iowa City with an Iowa couple who have been coming to the Bank/Dome games with us since 2004.

We are trying something different for lodging this year - instead of paying $200+/night with a 2 night minimum we are taking our popup camper and camping at a nearby state park. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

This is always a fun road trip for us. Kinnick is a great old stadium. The men's restroom is always an adventure (always guys peeing in the sinks and always girls in there using the stalls). I wonder if the women's restroom is as classy.

It would be fun if there was a place Gophers fans were meeting up before or after the game.

Go Gophers. Keep Floyd! Rah!

I'll be there with two of my buddies. We are probably staying in a real crummy hotel in Cedar Rapids on Friday night and then coming in for the game! Looking forward to it!

Going to Iowa city for my first time, bringing 8 people in 2 cars!

My fiance and I are planning to make the short drive up Saturday morning. Still looking for tickets though if anyone has two extras.

Making the trip for the first time with 3 other guys. Leaving early Saturday and hoping for another Gopher win!

I'm going, for the first time. I'm driving down myself to meet up with my nephew. He is a trash talking Iowa student. I'm planning to make the drive down and back all on Saturday. I'm assuming about a 5 hour drive from the Twin Cities? Does that sound right?

I'm going, for the first time. I'm driving down myself to meet up with my nephew. He is a trash talking Iowa student. I'm planning to make the drive down and back all on Saturday. I'm assuming about a 5 hour drive from the Twin Cities? Does that sound right?

I would also like to know how much time to budget for parking/driving. We are thinking of possibly leaving early Saturday. Is 5am cutting it too close?

I have always left the day before and stayed pretty close to the stadium. If I were going on gameday, I would be concerned about the traffic between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City - I'm betting that alot of people stay in hotels in Cedar Rapids.

Its a longer drive than most people realize.

From Minneapolis to Iowa City it took me about 4.5 hours of driving yesterday but that was with very little traffic. I'm guessing it the traffic between CR and Iowa City will be pretty bad so it may take longer.

Taking my son--who after having been born in Iowa, goes to school in Iowa, has friends who are all Hawekeyes spent Sunday evening laying out all his Maroon & Gold.

"Dad? Should I wear the big M? Or The Big Goldy? Or the big.. Dad? Dad? You okay?"

"Just something in my eye, son..."

My fourth trip to Kinnick for this game. Will be tailgating with all my Chokeye in-laws.

speaking of the Big M. You look at Floyd and see that whenever it was cast they used the Minn block M. No dopey change#WI

I've been down twice before and had to eat crow both times. I'm heading down again and will be wearing my "Emptybandwagon" Floyd shirt. I love it and have been asked about it the few times I've worn it so far.

Where is the Gopher post-game celebration? I'd like to go to the pedestrian mall and whoop it up. Suggestions?

Heading down Friday with my buddy and brother. My friend is a Hawkeye season ticket holder and each year we bring one another. We're staying in Cedar Rapids on Friday. Should be a good time.

Heading down Friday with three buddies for my third consective trip to IC. It's always a festive tailgate as I went to college just across the MN/IA border, so half my college friend are Hawk fans, and the others are Gophers. Definitely looking forward to it!

Im heading over to North Liberty (10 miles from Iowa City) on Friday night with some Hawkeye fan friends. This will be my 12 straight Iowa/Minnesota game I've attended. I've yet to see a Gopher victory in Iowa City as our last one was in 1999. This is the year!

Heading down Friday with three buddies for my third consective trip to IC. It's always a festive tailgate as I went to college just across the MN/IA border, so half my college friend are Hawk fans, and the others are Gophers. Definitely looking forward to it!

I'm heading down with a group from that same school, I assume, from the early 90's!

I've loved the last couple of years! FLLOOOOOOYYYYD!!!! I was hoping UNI would've beat the Hawks, so I could congratulate all my Hawk friends on their 3rd Place finish @ state.

Seven million dollars a year...no Floyd...no Heartland or whatever w/ Becky...no Cyhawk. After Saturday, 75% of the state should be put on suicide watch.

gopherguy05 and I will be there. Finally got seats on the lower level. Worst sight lines, but row 5 on the aisle means almost guaranteed Floyd access after a win.

I'll be in Iowa City by 9 a.m. Driving over from Knoxville, IA, which is 35 miles southeast of Des Moines. Will be sitting with my daughter (Iowa Alumnus) and her Hawkeye husband. (It's Iowa's Homecoming.) They'll be in their black and gold and I'll be in maroon and gold.

I hope Minnesota spoils their Homecoming festivities.

Looking forward to a good game . . . and maybe I'll meet a GopherHoler or two.

In any case, Beat Iowa.

Go Gophers!!

Wife and I will be going down to visit her mom in Coralville. Don't have tickets but will try to find some to attend with her mom/brother. Looking forward to it!!

I'm going with a buddy of mine who's from Iowa. I'll be the lone Gopher in a group of about 20 Iowa fans. Will be awesome come win time.

Do you all think this years turnout will be more than the typical Gopher Invasion? I want those Hawkeye fans to know what it feels like to lose at home by 20 and have a loud visiting section on top of it.

But we won't have sex in their bathrooms like they did at the Metrodome (remember that?!)

The wife and I are going with the dog. This is the dog's third trip but no luck getting him a tix so he's strictly tailgating ;-) He is a Doberman and made it on the front page of the local paper his first year down there with another dog. He'll be decked out in maroon and gold just like us.

Go Gophers!

We'll be rolling into Iowa City from Chicago on Friday afternoon. 2 Gophers, 2 Hawkeyes. Staying at the Hotel Vetro on the Ped Mall.

Top Bottom