Gopher Recruit reactions to their visits

KrisHumphries

Reaction score
I like to follow these guys on twitter and see how the visits go, here are some of the things I've seen..

Hunter Jarmon
WR - Waco, TX
a1miwy.png

29nj5z9.png

20uy144.png

Eric Carter
WR - Lakeland, FL
30rwwgo.png

3356yhx.png

zspich.png

Tedric Thompson
Safety - Valencia, CA
2q33k2w.png

Thanks for posting those - good stuff.

Go Gophers!!

Couldn't have asked for a better weekend to have recruits visit.

Looks like Kill knows how to make a recruit feel welcomed. I think that Kill knows how to recruit. With more time, I think we can expect higher recruits committing to minnesota.

I thought about recruits several times during the game. With that atmosphere, it had to be selling itself.

I think it's actually better when recruits don't commit on their visit. Don't make a decision just based on the emotion of your trip, rather go home and talk with your parents about it and think about it for a while so you know for sure.

I think it's actually better when recruits don't commit on their visit. Don't make a decision just based on the emotion of your trip, rather go home and talk with your parents about it and think about it for a while so you know for sure.

Screw that crap....Commit!

I don't know about better the way you put it. But the commit is probably more solid if he actually commits after talking to his family, than during a visit. You see a lot of decommits nowadays. And I bet a lot of them are because of these types of issues. But we also have had a lot of guys visit and then commit elsewhere over the years too.

That Jarmon kid uses grammar better than 95% of the people on twitter already. If his game is as impressive as his english skills, I'm sold.

i thought it was illegal to put kids in jersey during official visits or some BS like that?

i thought it was illegal to put kids in jersey during official visits or some BS like that?

Fairly sure you can't make a jersey for them I.E. put there name on it. Brewster put Henderson on the back which is the instance I remember being a violation. You see pics of kids in jersey's after every visit if you follow them on twitter or on fb for the stalkers. I'm assuming anything that common is either legal or not at all enforced.

☁ ℙuff, the Dragon. ☁ ‏@CMauGreen
@ECARTERLG8 you committed to Minnesota?

Eric Carter ‏@ECARTERLG8
@CMauGreen nawl I'm close tho

commits

I have a memory of a recruit last year saying that he wanted to commit right away on the visit but Kill told him to go home talk with his family and that they would talk in a couple of days. I imagine we won't here a commit until tuesday for sure. Was hoping to hear something positive from Edwards and Wolitarsky.

Wide receiver Hunter Jarmon (Waco, Texas/Midway) visited Minnesota over the weekend and, after watching the Golden Gophers top Syracuse and improve to 4-0, had high praise for the trip.

“I loved the campus, especially Dinkytown,” said Jarmon, referring to the entertainment district surrounding the campus. “The game atmosphere was incredible, great fan base along with the facilities.”

Quarterback Mitch Leidner was Jarmon’s player host, and Jarmon said he enjoyed spending time with the current players, as well as eating and watching film with the Gophers coaching staff. Wide receivers coach Pat Poore is his primary recruiting contact, but he also had a chance to spend time with recruiting assistant Jeff Jones.

Jarmon added that a packed TCF Bank Stadium crowd served as an eyebrow-raising experience. Minnesota’s 17-10 win over Syracuse was in front of a sellout crowd of 50,805.

“The fans were truly fanatics,” Jarmon said. “Everybody was into the game and [were] as loud as they could be for all four quarters. You don’t see that at every campus.”

The official visit was the second for Jarmon, who visited Kansas last week. He has offers from Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, SMU, Oregon State, Texas Tech, Washington State and several other programs.

Jarmon had an Iowa State official scheduled for this weekend, but he chose to cancel it and replace it with a later visit to Washington State. Jarmon said he will visit Oregon State, Texas Tech and Washington State in the months of November and December.

Glad these recruits came now instead of December or the Mich St game.

Carter just tweeted:

Eric Carter ‏@ECARTERLG8
things are looking great in Minnesota right now #Skiumah

Not sure where to put this tweet, it's from Jake Reed, who's son apparently visited OSU this weekend:

"Been watching my Vikes!! Skol!!!! Just been busy with my son and his college visits! Maybe we will visit University of Minnesota soon!!!"

Go Gophers!!

Not sure where to put this tweet, it's from Jake Reed, who's son apparently visited OSU this weekend:

"Been watching my Vikes!! Skol!!!! Just been busy with my son and his college visits! Maybe we will visit University of Minnesota soon!!!"

Go Gophers!!
That's interesting, does anyone know the scoop with his son?

I just did a bunch of Rivals and Google searches. Can't figure out who his son is. There is no one with the last name 'Reed' is interested in Ohio State or Minnesota for any class.

Top Bottom