All Things 2016 QB - Seth Green Thread

He would be a project. Then again, thats been the MO.

If he ends up here, can he play other positions?

John Elway isn't commiting here. Everyone we sign is going to be a project, thats why we need to let these guys learn until their Junior year where we know whether or not they can be successful without putting them through the grinder that is the B1G 10.

John Elway isn't commiting here. Everyone we sign is going to be a project, thats why we need to let these guys learn until their Junior year where we know whether or not they can be successful without putting them through the grinder that is the B1G 10.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying I'm not sure he's good enough to be a college QB, period. He was a 3 year starter in high school with pedestrian numbers, and lost out to a 5 foot 10 inch gamer his senior season. He may be better off as an athlete.

I do not buy for a second that this coaching staff wouldn't take a top 10 QB with the kind of athleticism and size Seth has.

With what we just saw yesterday the coaching staff should be bringing in 2-3 QBs a class.

That sounds exactly like something Kill would do, actually. He didn't want to be here. If you believe what you read, he has no problems turning away four star kids who are wishy-washy.

In this case, I would agree with that approach. He couldnt get out of MN fast enough, and more power to him for that. Now we're good enough after Oregon showed him the door? No thanks. He's not getting into Texas at QB, as some have mentioned. Sleep in the bed you made, kid. The JUCO route has worked nicely for a lot of NFL players.

I like Poljan better than Seth, anyway, which makes it a heck of lot easier.

I think we should recruit him. Demand he play as a true Freshman and then write him off after 1 quarter, even if put in a terrible situation, if he doesn't perform well.

We aren't at a level where we can pass on QB's of his caliber that have a tie to Minnesota. Hope we recruit him and get him.

We aren't at a level where we can pass on QB's of his caliber that have a tie to Minnesota. Hope we recruit him and get him.

Why does having a tie to Minnesota have to do with anything. The last we had weren't very good.

Why does having a tie to Minnesota have to do with anything. The last we had weren't very good.

Because we might actually have a chance with him due to his Minnesota ties. He would have zero interest in us if he was just a random 4 star QB from Texas.

I don't think we need to be petty. If he expressed interest and shows a desire of wanting to come here I'd take him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Oregon doesn't want hm we can afford to take two QB's in this class. East Ridge was a dumpster fire with their eligibility issues. Don't blame him for leaving. He just chose the wrong school with a stud Junior QB

If Oregon doesn't want hm we can afford to take two QB's in this class. East Ridge was a dumpster fire with their eligibility issues. Don't blame him for leaving. He just chose the wrong school with a stud Junior QB

He was leaving East Ridge way before the eligibility issues arose. Plus, East Ridge is ranked #6 among the big schools with a 6-1 record (lone loss was a tight one @#2 Lakeville North). Hardly a "dumpster fire".

If he can throw a spiral, we don't want him! Jerry only takes QB's that can't throw.

There is no stud junior QB. The junior QB is a 5-11, 173 lb non-prospect who has only completed 56.41% of his passes. Green is only competing against himself.

Well maybe we stopped recruiting him because he was a MN QB, which Kill said he won't recruit anymore. But now he's a Texas QB, so once again open to consideration.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Sure hope the rumors are true! Would love to see Seth in maroon and gold!

Well maybe we stopped recruiting him because he was a MN QB, which Kill said he won't recruit anymore. But now he's a Texas QB, so once again open to consideration.

Well kill was joking...

But this way we can say we keped an in state dude, AND took a guy out of Texas, AND stole a dude from another team!

per Joe:

Seth Green, who originally committed to play quarterback at Oregon, made an official visit with the Gophers this weekend, drawing excitement that he could be very close to flipping to Minnesota.

Green was a standout at East Ridge before transferring to play his senior season in Allen, Texas. He and Oregon have mutually decided it’s best for him to explore other options.

http://www.startribune.com/former-e...akes-recruiting-visit-to-minnesota/360748461/

Go Gophers!!

ZYW4oLp.png

per Joe:

According to sources, the Gophers would welcome Green as part of their 2016 recruiting class, but they also don’t want him to think his decision will make or break them.

That hasn’t stopped other members of their recruiting class — namely Eden Prairie linebacker Carter Coughlin and Fort Lauderdale, Fla., defensive back Elijah Daniels — from tweeting their excitement about Green potentially playing for the Gophers.

Green and his father, Bryan, who played running back for the Gophers in the early 1990s, have not commented publicly and did not respond to messages from the Star Tribune.

The 6-4, 225-pound Green is scheduled to graduate from high school this month, which will set him up to enroll in college in January and participate in spring practice.

Last week, the Gophers parted ways with Tony Poljan, a quarterback commit from Lansing, Mich. Green would be a notable replacement. His star isn’t shining quite as bright as it was before he left for Texas, but the Gophers still would love to see him come home.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-have-seth-green-back-in-their-qb-recruiting-mix/360883841/

Go Gophers!!

per Joe:

According to sources, the Gophers would welcome Green as part of their 2016 recruiting class, but they also don’t want him to think his decision will make or break them.

That hasn’t stopped other members of their recruiting class — namely Eden Prairie linebacker Carter Coughlin and Fort Lauderdale, Fla., defensive back Elijah Daniels — from tweeting their excitement about Green potentially playing for the Gophers.

Green and his father, Bryan, who played running back for the Gophers in the early 1990s, have not commented publicly and did not respond to messages from the Star Tribune.

The 6-4, 225-pound Green is scheduled to graduate from high school this month, which will set him up to enroll in college in January and participate in spring practice.

Last week, the Gophers parted ways with Tony Poljan, a quarterback commit from Lansing, Mich. Green would be a notable replacement. His star isn’t shining quite as bright as it was before he left for Texas, but the Gophers still would love to see him come home.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-have-seth-green-back-in-their-qb-recruiting-mix/360883841/

Go Gophers!!

i.e. Your dads the problem and we're not sure we want this potential distraction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One would expect Seth Green to commit in the next week if he is graduating early in December and enrolling in January.

There is not much time left with Christmas break coming around the corner.

I see Rivals dropped Seth from a 4-star to a 3-star. Meh, w.e. I still want him.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom