All Things 2016 QB - Seth Green Thread

RoyalGopher

Reaction score
A few days ago, the shooter mentioned to "keep an eye on East Ridge QB Seth Green." I got a chance to see him play today against my Royals. The kid is a stud. He played excellent against a strong Woodbury side. A lot of East Ridge's offense came through the air. Green through for two touchdowns and no picks, and if not for his receivers, he could have thrown for four touchdowns. One of his receivers fumbled in the open, killing what would have been a 58 yard touchdown (think Jerry Rice '86 playoffs). Another time, an East Ridge receiver just dropped a pass when he had the saftey beat by two steps.

Sorry for the rambling, but I'm impressed.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to see him play but I heard he was pretty impressive in East Ridge's loss to Cretin in week 1. I don't think his stats were great in that game but they were solid and Cretin has a decent defense.

The kid is supposedly insanely talented and might be the next REALLY big MN recruit (Henderson, Floyd, etc).

Good report Royal!

RoyalGopher said:
A few days ago, the shooter mentioned to "keep an eye on East Ridge QB Seth Green." I got a chance to see him play today against my Royals. The kid is a stud. He played excellent against a strong Woodbury side. A lot of East Ridge's offense came through the air. Green through for two touchdowns and no picks, and if not for his receivers, he could have thrown for four touchdowns. One of his receivers fumbled in the open, killing what would have been a 58 yard touchdown (think Jerry Rice '86 playoffs). Another time, an East Ridge receiver just dropped a pass when he had the saftey beat by two steps.

Sorry for the rambling, but I'm impressed.

Just out of curiosity, RoyalGopher, do you know if pre-East Ridge would he have gone to Woodbury or Park? Thanks!

Very talented also has a TV show called Robot Chicken and does the voice of Chris Griffin on Family Guy. Would be a great get for coach Kill!!!

A kid who goes to Woodbury High School showing school pride? Things have changed since I graduated from there in 2003.

Very talented also has a TV show called Robot Chicken and does the voice of Chris Griffin on Family Guy. Would be a great get for coach Kill!!!

He also played Scott in the Austin Powers movies, had a role in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and was the hacker guy in The Italian Job. And he plays football! Amazing accomplishments for guy who's only 14 or 15 years old.

A kid who goes to Woodbury High School showing school pride? Things have changed since I graduated from there in 2003.

Hopefully it translates to state pride.

Let's not get to excited here. I can recall this summer all the hoopla surrounding RJ III from Cretin Hall, based on his JV stats from last year. Let's see, this year he's played in one varsity game and has two completions for 15 yards. At 5'10" and 153lbs he's not a D-1 football player.

Let's not get to excited here. I can recall this summer all the hoopla surrounding RJ III from Cretin Hall, based on his JV stats from last year. Let's see, this year he's played in one varsity game and has two completions for 15 yards. At 5'10" and 153lbs he's not a D-1 football player.

I don't think it's a fair to Seth Green to compare him to RJ III. The thread about him, I don't think many people were really praising him too much. I would venture to say that I've seen as much CDH football as anyone and I admitted to not having even seen him play. It was more of a thread about his nickname and whether or not his hype was real or not. I think the general consensus on RJ III was. . . we'll see. That isn't a ton of "hoopla".

Now where Seth Green differs is that Green is two years younger than RJ. Seth Green is a starter on varsity as a FR and he is playing pretty well. He was supposedly the best player on the field last night in their win against Woodbury and he is 14 years old and already over 6'0". The hype around Green is based on what people have seen on the varsity football field and not some other source of hype.

The kids is a 9th grader!! Look at the highlights from the game against Cretin - he looks like he could be special. Wowza! Any chance the Gophers can keep this kid in town?

Just watched Seth Green tonight for the first time. I was impressed with him, but not "wowed." He has good size, I would guess he's about 6'2" and pretty solid for a kid that height who is only a freshman. He's a dual threat QB who has a bounce in his step, and showed pretty good quickness. It seemed like the East Ridge game plan was to roll him out and get him in space, I don't remember a single straight drop that he had all night, but part of this was also because Stillwater's defense got some good pressure on him up the middle. He showed good accuracy on the long throws he made, 2 completions and 1 the receiver couldn't quite hold on to. Good velocity and accuracy on his shorter passes.

Bottom line, I don't think he wouldn't be getting D-1 interest if he was a senior right now, but a very impressive player who shows a lot of poise for a freshman. It will be interesting to watch him and see how he improves over the next few years. Definitely someone to keep an eye on, the potential is definitely there....

I read this a thread couple of weeks ago and decided to stay out of this because I have never seen this kid play. A friend at work suggest I get online to watch Booker T Washington(BTW), a Miami High Power House, on the NFL Network. I'm watching the HSPD 7on7 National Championship Game the Dolphins versus the Lions. Guess who I saw playing Q for the Lions team, Ricardo Johnson III. Mr. Overrated ?!! He led this Lions team through a round robin tourny of 32 of the best team in the nation. He played against BTW in the Championship Game losing by 3 points, when BTW blew every other team in the nation out. Now I have no idea how this kid can get to the HSPD National 7on7 Championships in Indy, lead his team to the championship game and lose by three and still be called overrated and worse than some other kids from Minnesota because I guarantee you couldn't put together a High school All-Star team in MN that could compete with this Booker T Washington team and yet Johnson more than held his own. There isn't a high school qb in the state of Mn that has seen that level of comp!

I dont know why there seems to be a hardon for this kid, but before you start righting him off maybe somebody should wait and see how his story turns out. I have no idea if he great, but first he's definitely not 5'10 and he has legit DI skills. Anyone saying otherwise simply doesn't know what they're talking about. Enough Already these are 15-16 year old KIDS?!

Gopher88.....Feel free to get in touch with me if your day job is indeed reviewing HS prospects. I could use some help! Regarding RJ3, the little hype surrounding him last fall was based on the offer from Hawaii. I do agree with Bob L that the majority of individuals on this board were waiting for the regular season and how he performed. Obviously he did not beat out Rhoda and there is not much more to be said on that subject other than he will have to prove next year on the field if he has the ability to play college ball.

Regarding Green, any freshman that starts on a 5A team and competes against 6A teams in a fairly tough conference is fairly impressive. Will be interesting to see how he does against a tough St. Thomas Academy team this weekend.

Vames, I should have clarrified. Anyone but Vames who drops the "it's my job" in evaluating HS level prospects. You do a fantastic job!

Seth Green class of 2016

Freshmen qb from eastridge looks like an absolute natural. I just saw hit youtube highlights, makes some very impressive throws and runs for a kid his age. does anyone know anything about his recruitment? looks like he could easily fit into kills system and he looks mature beyond his years in the short clip i saw of him

Kid is special. He actually should attend Stillwater by where he lives.

I graduated from East Ridge in 2011, and so when I heard we might have a stud at quarterback, I made sure to catch a couple of games this year. For a Freshmen the kid is the real deal. I am very excited how this kid pans out over the next couple years. Seemed to have a strong arm and has great accuracy for a kid his age to go along with what seems like speed. He is a two sport athlete (football, basketball) and from what I have heard he may be starting on varsity basketball as well.

Definitely a guy to keep an eye on for the next couple of years

Full interview:

Q: How do you think your season went with East Ridge?
A: It went pretty well. It didn’t end the way we wanted it, but it went pretty well.
Q: Your team will have a lot of returning starters next year. What are your goals/expectations for East Ridge football next year?
A: Next year, I have very high expectations for our program especially with most of our players returning. We should be solid with knowing our assignments and the whole chemistry aspect - knowing that we need to go out there and perform and that we can do well.
Q: You attended both the spring scrimmage and spring game, right? How did they go?
A: The spring scrimmage went great. It showed me how fast the college level is and gave me a look at what I need to work at to get at that level. I was invited by Zebrowski into the quarterback meeting and saw how complex the offenses are and the defensive reads are, and how much of a higher mental level the game is.
Q: Which coach on the Minnesota staff do you have the best relationship with?
A: Coach Zebrowski considering that he lives in Woodbury, I coached his son at the East Ridge youth camp, and he’s the quarterback coach.
Q: Are you hearing from any other schools?
A: Michigan State, Iowa, Iowa State, Stanford, and the University of South Florida.
Q: Are you hearing from Minnesota the most?
A: Yes, by far.
Q: I know it’s very early, but have you thought much about what you’re looking for when making a college decision?
A: No, not yet. I need to look at that and see what I want to do after college.
Q: Did you have a favorite team growing up?
A: Probably the Florida Gators.
Q: Would it mean a lot to play in-state at Minnesota?
A: It would considering that most of my friends and immediate family are here.
Q: Would you describe yourself as a dual-threat quarterback or pocket passer?
A: I would say more of a dual-threat quarterback, but this year I was more of a pocket passer. The offense I was in was more of a pro-style offense. I’m hoping to get back to dual-threat.
Q: Are you working on anything to improve skill-wise?
A: Making my reads faster and correctly. Also, I’m doing film work, working with my receivers on chemistry, and working on my throwing motion.
Q: What position do you play in basketball?
A: I’m more of a forward/guard type. In AAU, I was more of a forward, and for East Ridge I was more of a guard. Wherever I lie in the personnel is where I play.
Q: Would you like to play both basketball and football in college?
A: In high school, I’d like to play both sports, but in college I think I want to stick with football.

Seth's teammate and Rutgers commit George Behr tweeted that Green picked up his first offer from Minnesota.

Just watched Seth Green tonight for the first time. I was impressed with him, but not "wowed." He has good size, I would guess he's about 6'2" and pretty solid for a kid that height who is only a freshman. He's a dual threat QB who has a bounce in his step, and showed pretty good quickness. It seemed like the East Ridge game plan was to roll him out and get him in space, I don't remember a single straight drop that he had all night, but part of this was also because Stillwater's defense got some good pressure on him up the middle. He showed good accuracy on the long throws he made, 2 completions and 1 the receiver couldn't quite hold on to. Good velocity and accuracy on his shorter passes.

Bottom line, I don't think he wouldn't be getting D-1 interest if he was a senior right now, but a very impressive player who shows a lot of poise for a freshman. It will be interesting to watch him and see how he improves over the next few years. Definitely someone to keep an eye on, the potential is definitely there....

My thoughts exactly. I was impressed but he didn't "wow" me. Not a bad looking high school QB, but he isn't in my top 5 for returning QBs this fall. The game needs to slow down for him between the ears. He had a visibly hard time making reads. Threw a lot of hot reads, late passes, and took sacks or simply threw it at the ground near the WR's feet.

Not saying he won't pan out! He is only 15 years old! But I won't hop on this bandwagon yet. This will be a telling year for the young man.

My thoughts exactly. I was impressed but he didn't "wow" me. Not a bad looking high school QB, but he isn't in my top 5 for returning QBs this fall. The game needs to slow down for him between the ears. He had a visibly hard time making reads. Threw a lot of hot reads, late passes, and took sacks or simply threw it at the ground near the WR's feet.

Not saying he won't pan out! He is only 15 years old! But I won't hop on this bandwagon yet. This will be a telling year for the young man.

Yep.

He is really an impressive athlete for a 15 yr old QB. I don't mean in a sense that he's not a pure QB (because I think he is), but he is just a big, strong kid who looks like a talented SR throwing the football around.

I'm really interested to see how the game has slowed down for him next year. He has the physical make up and he was extremely impressive for a 15 yr old, when the game starts slowing down for him he could become really special.

@behr01 S/O to my qb1 @seth_mgreen for his first offer! #Minnesota

Go Gophers!!

@darrenwolfson: Recently saw 2016 QB Seth Green (East Ridge) at a @Wellefast camp. Kid has the "it" factor. Got a Louisville offer today. Already has MN.

Go Gophers!!

Scout: 2016: Green Off to Fast Start

"Minnesota was the first to bat," Mr. Green explains. "He attended a 7 on 7 followed up that weekend with a big man and quarterback camp. At the end of that camp, Coach Kill, Coach Zebrowski and Coach Miller pulled us aside and said they wanted to be the first to the dance. His whole football career, they've shown love."

"He shows great poise in the pocket," his father says, "great maturity and he's putting the work in to get better every day. He's very coachable, speaks very articulately and that character means a lot."

While the early success would go to the head of many teenagers, that has not happened with Green and his father is there to make sure it won't.

"He stays humble and hungry and I will not let him do anything else."

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1306599.html

Go Gophers!!

Scout: 2016: Green Off to Fast Start

"Minnesota was the first to bat," Mr. Green explains. "He attended a 7 on 7 followed up that weekend with a big man and quarterback camp. At the end of that camp, Coach Kill, Coach Zebrowski and Coach Miller pulled us aside and said they wanted to be the first to the dance. His whole football career, they've shown love."

"He shows great poise in the pocket," his father says, "great maturity and he's putting the work in to get better every day. He's very coachable, speaks very articulately and that character means a lot."

While the early success would go to the head of many teenagers, that has not happened with Green and his father is there to make sure it won't.

"He stays humble and hungry and I will not let him do anything else."

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1306599.html

Go Gophers!!

FWIW(Nothing...), strictly opinion, I think this kid is a Gopher.

Top Bottom