All Things 2016 QB - Seth Green Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• Rumors around East Ridge High School are that quarterback Seth Green, who has said he will play in college at Oregon, is going to transfer and play his senior year of high school in Texas, but Raptors coach Mike Pendino said he hasn’t heard anything official to that fact. “There is talk of him transferring every year,” said Pendino, who was Gophers offensive line coach in 1990-91 under John Gutekunst and has done an outstanding job at East Ridge.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/290287501.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Last QB that tried to transfer schools in Texas that I'm aware of was Voodoo Tatum. Lost a heartbreaker at the gun!

Voodoo.jpg

Saw Seth Green score 29 points in a b-ball game against Mounds View last Friday. Kid is a great athlete.

per the STrib:

East Ridge’s Seth Green had his way down low against Cretin-Derham Hall, battling his way to a game-high 24 points.

It’s the two points that don’t show up by his name in the scorebook that he’d like to have back.

With the clock winding down, Green caught an inbounds pass and drove in for an easy layup.

On Cretin’s basket.

Green’s layup, which came with about 20 seconds left, gave Cretin a one-point lead — and the momentum — in its 70-65 victory over East Ridge.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/294535101.html

Go Gophers!!

per the STrib:

East Ridge’s Seth Green had his way down low against Cretin-Derham Hall, battling his way to a game-high 24 points.

It’s the two points that don’t show up by his name in the scorebook that he’d like to have back.

With the clock winding down, Green caught an inbounds pass and drove in for an easy layup.

On Cretin’s basket.

Green’s layup, which came with about 20 seconds left, gave Cretin a one-point lead — and the momentum — in its 70-65 victory over East Ridge.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/294535101.html

Go Gophers!!

point shave.....

some people have given this kid some bad advice

he may go down as the one that could have been

How long before Oregen pulls his scholarship offer and one of the Dakota teams picks him up?

I've heard from some people who know what they are talking about that he for sure will be back in Minnesota this year

some people have given this kid some bad advice

he may go down as the one that could have been

How long before Oregen pulls his scholarship offer and one of the Dakota teams picks him up?

All speculation. Even so.....if Oregano pulled his scholarship....he'd probably still have a place with the Gophers.

This just highlights the difference in high school talent in Texas vs Minnesota. He can't cut it in Texas and is in real danger of losing his Oregon offer because he just isn't that good.

This just highlights the difference in high school talent in Texas vs Minnesota. He can't cut it in Texas and is in real danger of losing his Oregon offer because he just isn't that good.

This was my first thought too. Texas must have been a wake up call.

All speculation. Even so.....if Oregano pulled his scholarship....he'd probably still have a place with the Gophers.

I am not sure i would take him back

I see red flags(albeit from far a way for the kid) surrounding this kid, and not sure i would want to risk having him unhappy in the locker room. of course actual meetings with him and digging deep into his psyche could uncover if the Texas deal was a real life changing experience

This is all kinds of speculation, but we shouldn't necessarily judge the kid as it's more likely the father has more to do with this fiasco than anyone.

As some of us have been saying all along, he hasn't really done much on the playing field thus far. Potential doesn't get you a win. He has to produce on game days.

this article above says Green is the 38th in the 2016 class in Texas- I knew that state had a lot of talent but this has to be hard on Green to be not even the starter on his own HS team down there

I am sure Texas has been a real wake up call, but it's more for because of the changes in his life than football. It's a lot for a guy his age to take and a ton of pressure. It's not the same as college when you come in with an entire class, he came in alone.

We have to remember, a lot of the hype he has received came from exclusive football camps where he performed well against the best the country has to offer. He didn't get "hype" because he made a LBer at Park HS look silly. This isn't the first time he has played against/with elite level of competition. I'm not sure how it will all work out for him, but we'll see.

Oh, and if Oregon pulled his offer, I'd hope we would still be interested. I haven't seen red flags with him (his dad. . .yes, but not him).

The coach must have a lot of outside pressure to play the hot shot transfer. But if you have a local junior that is just as good or better, it is better for the team to use the guy that will be coming back next year. Green may only get garbage time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The coach must have a lot of outside pressure to play the hot shot transfer. But if you have a local junior that is just as good or better, it is better for the team to use the guy that will be coming back next year. Green may only get garbage time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goodbye Oregon...hello North Texas U! :p

Top Bottom