All Things 2016 QB - Seth Green Thread

With QB Terry Wilson flipping from Nebraska to Oregon, are people expecting Seth to stick with Oregon?

FYI, there is serious chatter on Oregon's 247 site that Green has decommitted from Oregon. One of their writers suggests a "mutual split". They even have an article up that says Oregon contacted a 2016 QB recently. I doubt they would do that with 2 QB's already committed. Also, Green's twitter no longer says "Oregon commit" which it apparently used to say.

Don't shoot the messenger here, but a lot of info suggesting his recruitment is now open.

I think you need to be a 247 member to view this thread (which I am) but this is what I'm referring to.
http://oregon.247sports.com/Board/45/Contents/Seth-Green-Decommit-39872545

Would the Gophers even be interested at this point?

IF we were interested before, on reason to not be interested now. Its not like we have a plethora of NFL talent at QB.

FWIW, a few of Seth's most recent follows on Twitter were Billy Glasscock (our recruiting coordinator) and Mike Sherels.

We know we need QB help ASAP. So I'm all for it. We should take 5 QB's hoping one works out.

No chance he would come here. If it does, it's because people discovered he's not as good as they thought.

Poljan alone definitely isn't enough reason for me to burn Demry's shirt but if we got Seth than I'd be able to live with it.

Not saying he's not good. I just don't think he's coming here. He's always seems like one of those recruits with stars in his eyes.

Most good progams have QB commits by now. QB's usually commit early. I don't know how many options he'll have.

Not saying he's not good. I just don't think he's coming here. He's always seems like one of those recruits with stars in his eyes.

When he committed, it definitely seemed like we were his #2 choice ahead of MSU and everyone else. That was before Texas offered though. I would like our chances a lot better if he were still at East Ridge.

He isn't that good once he had to go against competition with a pulse. That is the reason Oregon started recruiting another QB in this class.

When he committed, it definitely seemed like we were his #2 choice ahead of MSU and everyone else. That was before Texas offered though. I would like our chances a lot better if he were still at East Ridge.

Or you can look at it as if he were a college freshman and he took the offer to different school and now he is realizing the grass isn't always greener. As for taking him, they would be foolish not to. I wouldn't be against us taking 3 QB's in this class! Let them all compete and play who is best and don't worry about hurting kids feelings. It's the one position that will continue to hold this program back from ever taking the next step.

He's been overrated for years. He has the tools but he's just not a very good quarterback.

FWIW Green has followed Minnesota's recruiting coordinator Mike Sherels on twitter

It's now official that Green and Oregon have mutually parted ways.

Season stat line:

Seth Green
Comp- 37
Att- 63
Pct- 58.73
Yds- 699
TD- 9
INT- 4

Kyle Goblirsch (the Gopher 247 guy) had an exchange with Doogie yesterday regarding Green, and I thought this was interesting:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kyle Goblirsch (the Gopher 247 guy) had an exchange with Doogie yesterday regarding Green, and I thought this was interesting:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I do not buy for a second that this coaching staff wouldn't take a top 10 QB with the kind of athleticism and size Seth has.

With what we just saw yesterday the coaching staff should be bringing in 2-3 QBs a class.

He would be a project. Then again, thats been the MO.

If he ends up here, can he play other positions?

Top Bottom