Gerry Dinardo Tweet about our D

agree. expected to see rallis play better than he has so far this season. will be interesting and exciting to see who steps up at the LB position once rallis graduates. that said, hope rallis brings it together and starts playing lights out the rest of this season. really want to see rallis and beal play well this year.

What you see is what you get. Rallis is overmatched in the middle, cannot get off a block, and generally is caught up in the backwash. That being said, Beal is not seeing that much playing time.

Wasn't stoudermire the guy that was beat on one of their touchdowns? Correct me if I'm wrong. It in the student section endzone in on the right side. I thought that was stoudermire's guy.

Yeah it was, then he plowed over a cheerleader that wasn't paying attention.

What you see is what you get. Rallis is overmatched in the middle, cannot get off a block, and generally is caught up in the backwash. That being said, Beal is not seeing that much playing time.
Honestly, Rallis was never very good on the outside either. He's a solid rah-rah guy, but he's not strong at the point of attack, doesn't take good angles, and is a poor tackler. That's not a great combination for a linebacker.

Gary Tinsley was the strong point on an otherwise poor linebacking corps last year, and unfortunately not much has changed there.

Yeah it was, then he plowed over a cheerleader that wasn't paying attention.

I noticed on one play that Stoudermire seemed to be getting into it jawing at one of the WMU players, and then two plays later he got beat like a rented mule for an easy touchdown. Maybe he needs to keep his head in the game.

I noticed on one play that Stoudermire seemed to be getting into it jawing at one of the WMU players, and then two plays later he got beat like a rented mule for an easy touchdown. Maybe he needs to keep his head in the game.

The TD happened right in front of me. I never noticed Stoudermire jawing but #4 (Jaime Wilson) sure had a lot to say.

Why do our D-ends take themselves out of obvious running plays? Willhite and Amafuela seem to rush the QB, and fail to pursue laterally to the ball carrier.

I agree that our LB's are not playing well. Our LB play will continue to degrade our run defense.

Where is Briean Boddy? Thought he would contribute this year?

Why do our D-ends take themselves out of obvious running plays?
I think it's a scheme issue. The D-line has their ears pinned back to rush the passer on almost every single play. I think the exception is Botticelli, who is more of a clog filler. The scheme demands that the linebackers are good tacklers and are smart enough to be in the right place.

I've come around on Tracy Claeys. For the first part of last season, I didn't know what he was trying to accomplish, but since the middle of last season, I've been impressed with the way he gets kids into the right schemes for the right situations. We still come up short in terms of physicality at times (and that might get be a bigger problem during the regular season), but he at least has them lining up correctly, at least when they can get the 12th guy off the field before the snap.

Again, it's not like we've been playing replicas of vintage Nebraska Cornhusker teams from the 1970s, but this is the best stretch of defense I've seen around here in a couple of decades.

Top Bottom